Wedding Photography and Videography Forum

What to do with wedding photos?

Hi! I'd love to hear how everyone is using their beautiful wedding photos. Of course, I'll hang some on our wall and give copies of a few to our family members, but how are you putting them in an album? I don't want to make a photobook online because I like the idea of being able to touch and feel the photos, but I also don't want to make a boring old album. What did you do with your photos?

Re: What to do with wedding photos?

• Just got married 6 days ago. Still waiting 3 weeks for professional pics, but I bought a scrapbook and some wedding themed stickers to go in it. I plan to make a scrapbook with our save the dates and invitations; pics, napkin and ribbon from bridal shower/bachelorette party; cigar wrappers from the bachelor party; engagement pics, wedding pics and wedding cards all in one.
  • We only even ordered a couple to put out. The rest are just online or still on the disc. If you aren't going to frame and display them, I don't really see any other options than a regular album.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think the idea of what you're looking for ideas on to be wonderful. As a photographer myself, I have millions of photos stored digitally. That's simply not enough for something as special as my wedding. I have scrapbooks of our vacations, and no one ever looks through them... So putting all that work and effort into something that hides out of site most of the time does't appeal much to me either. But I do like the idea of something physical, and functional almost... We will have a few displayed on canvas and in frames around the house... But one of the important aspects to me as an artist will be the photos from my wedding. I wonder if a digital frame running a sequence of them on a loop would fill that need? Maybe a calendar made with our wedding photos would help me get that fix of seeing different photos of our memories throughout the whole year will do the trick? I'll let you know what I've figured out in a few months, as I'm less than a month away from my wedding...
  • Printed and framed a few and made a photo album for us and my parents (used Artifact Uprising and Kolo). Because I'm a crazy person, I also got 4x6 prints of all of them just in case, which I keep in a little photo box. 
  • I made an album online (adoramapix) I wanted to spluge on a nice album so I got a flushmount 12x12.  It is huge and I love it.  While in the process of making it, they had a discount code for 40% off so i ended up saving a hefty amt on it!  

I haven't printed any yet to hang in my house, but plan on doing so.  I also made smaller albums for each our parents.   I am going to make some prints to give to each of the bridal party (who was all our immedate family members).

My friend had given me a gift which i absolutely LOVE.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/111917001/wedding-photo-turned-artistic?ref=shop_home_feat_1 

You send them a picture and they turn it into a digital drawing.  It came out SO good.  I can't believe how, with such few lines and facial features, it came out looking just like us.  This was one of the best gifts anyone gave me, just so unique and personal. 

• jenni1221 said:

I made an album online (adoramapix) I wanted to spluge on a nice album so I got a flushmount 12x12.  It is huge and I love it.  While in the process of making it, they had a discount code for 40% off so i ended up saving a hefty amt on it!  

I haven't printed any yet to hang in my house, but plan on doing so.  I also made smaller albums for each our parents.   I am going to make some prints to give to each of the bridal party (who was all our immedate family members).

My friend had given me a gift which i absolutely LOVE.  https://www.etsy.com/listing/111917001/wedding-photo-turned-artistic?ref=shop_home_feat_1 

You send them a picture and they turn it into a digital drawing.  It came out SO good.  I can't believe how, with such few lines and facial features, it came out looking just like us.  This was one of the best gifts anyone gave me, just so unique and personal. 

OMG! I love this! I'm so excited to order one and want to get one for all my recently married friends too!
  • There are also those digital picture frames so you can still display many of them without cluttering your space with tons of different printed pictures :)
  • I love these unbound albums:

You could easily make something similar with a pretty wooden box. Some of them have little vials that you can keep your perfume/flower sprigs/piece of dress/whatever you want in. And you can keep adding pictures throughout your marriage, since it doesn't stop after that one day. I think that it will be really fun to show our kids and grandkids someday to let them see and smell our wedding day!
  • We are having our photographer make us a collage photo album...something different than side by side photos. He's also giving us all the proofs and a photo CD, so we are using the proofs to make photo albums for our parents and wedding party.
  • Whatever you do, do something plysical. Don't just keep them on a disc, in a drawer, because you will never look at them. Especially when you have hundreds and hundreds of photos. A boring old photo album would be okay to look at the photos, but I would recommend having a professional wedding album made. This way it highlights your wedding day and provides a nice presentation to your photos. I didn't buy one through my photographer though, because it was really expensive. I bought a really nice 12x12 Leather Craftsmen album from Ever Album Design www.everalbumdesign.com. The sell all kinds of high quality wedding albums for a lot less than a photographer will sell to you. I would check them out. You may also want to consider 4x6 prints for everything and you can keep them in a memory box. On anniversaries you can take our your wedding album or the prints you have printed. I'm partial to physical prints or albums, rather than everything on CD.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards