Chit Chat
Options

Shall we partner brag?

It's been a good minute since I have heard about all of your great SOs!

My birthday is on Monday and apparently DH is throwing me a surprise party tomorrow. I am not supposed to know, but BM spilled the beans last night when he was over for guy's night. H has no idea that I know and I think it is incredibly sweet of him. I'll have to act very surprised.

Has your SO done anything brag worthy lately?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Shall we partner brag?

• Options
    He woke me up an hour earlier than I had to be this morning because he for some reason needed FOUR alarms to wake up.  Because he can't be a normal human who wakes up with one alarm at the time necessary.  I'm not amused with him at the moment.

He did promise to bring home wine and a cookie tonight to make up for it though so there is that.

• Options
    It's our 2 month anniversary today and I'm really hoping that DH will take me out to dinner tonight!

I came home last night and saw that he took down the box of Xmas decorations and he put a Santa hat on my stuffed animal. I lol'd for real.
  • Options
    Actually recently, FI has been doing some hilariously stupid things regarding our dogs, so this is a humorous anti-brag. I do morning feedings & potty time for our dogs, and he's in charge of the evening. Two nights ago, I got into bed. He is on a much later schedule than I am, so he was going to run out to the store to grab something to eat. I asked him to take the dogs out before he left, because I knew they all needed to poop, and since they sleep in bed with us, I knew it would wake me up if he got them out of bed when he returned to take them out. He insisted I would wake up either way and he would take care of them when he got back. I relented. Three minutes after he left, one of them started crying to be let out. So I had to get out of my toasty bed, get dressed, leash them all up (our yard isn't fenced), and take them all outside. They were all finished rather quickly, but the damage was done. I texted him "Don't worry - all three dogs pooped." He felt awful & sincerely apologized when he got home. Yesterday morning, because it took me so long to fall asleep the night before, I woke up late and was rushing to get to work. I asked him to take care of the dogs before he left for work. I came home last night to find empty dog treat bags strewn throughout the house. When he fed them, he forgot to close the door to the dog closet, and the dogs had a hedonistic day eating every freaking treat in the house. I had a moment of panic when I thought an entire bottle of anti-anxiety meds had been consumed, but I found those all in a pile in a dog bed later. I wouldn't raise dogs with any other man on the planet, because he makes up for it on a constant basis with his thoughtfulness. He's not much on the big gestures (though he does those from time to time), but he is thoughtful every single day. If I mention I need a new travel coffee mug, he'll come home a couple days later with 2 really nice Stanley travel mugs for me.
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    Something small this morning but meant a lot.

We had FI's work Christmas party last night and we got home after midnight. I'm a 10 hours of sleep kind of girl otherwise I end up feeling physically ill. Headaches and bad neck and back pain. I of course had to work this morning and sure enough when my alarm went off it was everything I could do to drag myself out of bed.

While I was in the shower FI made my lunch, made coffee, started my car and scraped its windows. And made sure that I had a bottle of Tylenol in my purse for when I could take some (Have to wait 2 hours after my daily meds before I take painkillers. its pretty much the worst)

So this of course was all just amazing. And it just made it so much nicer of him since he's been gone for 2 days on overnight flights and is running on less sleep than I am over the course of the week and today is his first day off in 10 days and I am sure he would have much rather have stayed cozied up in his own bed sleeping, but instead got up and did all this for me even though it involved having to go outside in the cold.
  • Options

They all sound awesome!

I've been sick most of the week and V has been taking care of me. Making me food, coffee, backrubs, ect. He also helps me with my homework and lets me vent about my family. It's hard to think of a single thing because he pretty much does sweet awesome things for me a lot. I know I'm lucky ha. Plus he is bringing me lunch as we speak..

• Options
    My FI is amazing, but this week he has been amazing it's a little suspicious lol  He cooked dinner every night, cleaned the entire house, and did most of the Christmas shopping... including my present which is from my favourite jewelery store and it's taunting me :P
  • Options
    @ClimbingBrideNY That is a wonderful brag!
  • Options
    @ClimbingBrideNY You just reminded me of Curb Your Enthusiasm!
  • Options
    edited December 2014
    My fiance has never been a cleaner- we talked about it a few weeks ago, and he says it "just doesn't occur to him."  I still do most of it b/c of his erratic schedule, but he's been very good about taking care of our dishes.  About the only time I do them is if he's cooked for the day and sometimes on the weekends. 

And we don't have a dish washing machine, so this all has to be done by hand.  In a sink with only one full-sized "well" and with less than 3 feet of total counter space.

He is also keeping our Christmas tree alive by taking care of the watering duties.  I've only had a real tree once in my life, so I NEVER remember.  I did last night as I was laying in bed and I mentioned to him I was going to get up to do it and he said he had taken care of it.

ETA:  Info

• Options

My piece of shit car died over the weekend while we were out of town, and he spent almost all of sunday out in the cold trying to boost it, like 3 or 4 different times. Then AAA was schedule to come at 1:00 am, and he stayed awake so the car could run for an hour until 2:30am.

Then on Tuesday I thought I had forgotten my laptop at home and wouldn't be able to work, so I called him (I work 45m away), and he was on his way to work, but turned around, went home and looked for the laptop...which I had left at work. I felt soo bad! He's been really great lately, and I feel like I've been awful!

• Options
    Well I overslept this morning and FI is off work today. So I jump up to start getting ready and he got up with me to take the dogs out so I didn't have to (I usually do because  he leaves first). 

• Options
    It's the little things.

I had a happy hour to go to last night, but H was eating dinner at home and then leaving for poker night before I'd be getting home. So I made those stuffed shells for him ahead of time, and left him with instructions for heating it up. He packed up all the leftovers into lunch-sized portions (two big ones for himself, and two smaller ones for me) so it was easy for me to grab this morning. And did all the dishes (which he always does).

• Options
    Mines not really a big deal but I was thinking about it earlier today. My SO is finishing up his Masters classes and he has two exams on Monday and then Tuesday. He said he has been exhausted and stressed and just wants to sleep and get it over with. His exhausted and stressed attitude is probably the most relaxed behavior I have ever seen! He is still very sweet and has stayed over at my place once this week even though he had to study. I thought it was absolutely amazing because I have dealt with people under stress and they are not fun, myself included. It makes me appreciate him more and more each day.
  • Options
    beethery said:
    He just texted me and said he got up early, got my Hermes box out of the safe, and brought it to Home Depot to get matching paint for our mud room. He also brought my Le Creuset cup thing and got a lighter shade of the green like I've been talking about painting the kitchen forever.

He's halfway done painting the mud room.

I love that bitch. He's the best.
    @beethery Please explain this mud room...is it like a spa???
  • Options
    We're going to my parents' house for dinner tonight. Originally, the plan was to drop some stuff off at their place then head home but they decided to invite us. DH's response? To remind him to pack his toolbox because he remembered my dad mentioning a something in the basement in need of fixing. He can't remember what it was but hates knowing that there's something he can do to help and not being prepared.
  • Options
    beethery said:
    He just texted me and said he got up early, got my Hermes box out of the safe, and brought it to Home Depot to get matching paint for our mud room. He also brought my Le Creuset cup thing and got a lighter shade of the green like I've been talking about painting the kitchen forever.

beethery Please explain this mud room...is it like a spa???
    Lol not even close! Our basement/garage was all open until last year when we put some walls up and made a little entrance area. Looks like this:

Pardon my shitty MSpaint drawing. During the winter, we pretty much only use the basement door to go in or out. We let our dog out through the kitchen door, and the front door is basically only for decoration (our house is weird). It's downstairs and the wood stove is in there, so it's nice to leave your shoes down there because then 1. you don't track all the snow/salt/sand upstairs and 2. they dry off from the fire.

I'm trying to make it look like a real room instead of some hodgepodge afterthought. One wall is the concrete foundation, and there's a concrete floor in there. I think we're going to stain the floor and possibly do something to smooth out the wall so it'll look better with paint on it.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:
    beethery said:

beethery Please explain this mud room...is it like a spa???
    Lol not even close! Our basement/garage was all open until last year when we put some walls up and made a little entrance area. Looks like this:

Pardon my shitty MSpaint drawing. During the winter, we pretty much only use the basement door to go in or out. We let our dog out through the kitchen door, and the front door is basically only for decoration (our house is weird). It's downstairs and the wood stove is in there, so it's nice to leave your shoes down there because then 1. you don't track all the snow/salt/sand upstairs and 2. they dry off from the fire.

I'm trying to make it look like a real room instead of some hodgepodge afterthought. One wall is the concrete foundation, and there's a concrete floor in there. I think we're going to stain the floor and possibly do something to smooth out the wall so it'll look better with paint on it.

Ahhhh gotcha! If it was a spa like I was thinking, I would have been on the next plane!
  • Options
    @mikenberger--Congrats on the new job!!! That's fantastic news.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards