Chit Chat

Naked!!!!!

The eyeshadow. Just got the original. I haven't found many good tutorials with it that's not a smoky eye, so I'm going to play with different shades whenever I wear it, take a picture and write down wtf I just did. I can never remember what colors went well together on my other palette, and especially with this one being so coordinated. 

For those that have it, what are your favorite shade combos? Or do you have one of the other naked sets? I am a ging, so I couldn't do the third one even though those colors are amazing. 
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Naked!!!!!

• I don't have any good tips but @PrettyGirlLost‌ might have some. She loves makeup. I have naked 2 and use it everyday. It makes me happy. I asked for 3 for Christmas. Pinterest has been very helpful, bu maybe not if you don't want to do a smokey eye. Maybe just tone down the tutorials?
  • So jealous! That's on the top of my Christmas list. Does it come with a tutorial?
  • Virgin, Sin, and Toasted look good together and are super natural, but I have pale skin with red undertones, so I tend to avoid most of the browns on the palette. For a dark to go with those though, Hustle is pretty, or Creep for a night look. It's such a great palette though; I really should experiment more with the golds and browns. 
  • I watched a bunch of tutorials, but found that it really was up to me to find the best combos for my coloring. Good luck! I want 3 for Christmas :) 
  • arrippa said:
    So jealous! That's on the top of my Christmas list. Does it come with a tutorial?
    Mine just came with sample primers.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited June 2015
  • I know we hate Pinterest, but I have seen some pretty good Naked tutorials over there.

I have the 2 and the 3 and I love them both. Never buying a different eyeshadow again!

FWIW, Urban's eyeliner is also amazing.
  • I have Naked 2, then received Naked Basics for Christmas last year, and just bought Naked On the Run last week.  The quality of the shadows is fantastic.  I really like the layout of On the Run because it has 3 mattes and 3 shimmers, and the lightest shadow (like you would use all over your lid) is twice the size of the others.  The lightest color in my Naked 2 is getting worn down way faster than the others, which kinda annoys me but that's just how it goes when you have a palette like that.

I can't tell you shade names obviously for the original Naked, but beyond a smokey eye, I like to do sort of an ombre look with the lightest shade in the inner corners, then a medium shimmer in the middle of the lid, and a dark shade on the outer corners.  It's a little more wearable for day.  And obviously you can just do a wash of light/medium color on the lids and use the darkest color as a liner, but that's not as much fun. :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Holy crap!  Are smileys new????  Anybody else seeing a graphic smiley instead of a : ) :)?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Holy crap!  Are smileys new????  Anybody else seeing a graphic smiley instead of a : ) :)?

Just now. Does this mean we can emoji??
  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    lc07 said:
    Holy crap!  Are smileys new????  Anybody else seeing a graphic smiley instead of a : ) :)?

Just now. Does this mean we can emoji??
    :-P :-/ >:|

Let's see...

ETA: Boo.  :(
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• beetherybeethery member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    omfg emojisssss

Also, this is just a theory, but I think the MAKE A USERNAME prompt is active. No more knottie#'s either now or very soon.

ETA my fav out of Naked 1 is half-baked. I usually start with Naked and Buck for contouring on my browbone (I make it look more hollowed-out because I don't have tons of eyelid real estate to start with) and then do Half Baked in the middle, sidecar, and smog in the crease and outer corner, and virgin on the inner corner.

I've mentioned before, when I wear makeup, I wear ALL of the makeup. Especially eyeshadow.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• raissyraisraissyrais member
    5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    Ah yayyy I have Naked one and two. My favourite is Dark Horse and Virgin. I have brown eyes so these two look good together! I also use Half Baked for highlights right underneath the brows and at the inner corner of my eyes.

EDT: Missed words
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • beethery said:
    omfg emojisssss

Also, this is just a theory, but I think the MAKE A USERNAME prompt is active. No more knottie#'s either now or very soon.

ETA my fav out of Naked 1 is half-baked. I usually start with Naked and Buck for contouring on my browbone (I make it look more hollowed-out because I don't have tons of eyelid real estate to start with) and then do Half Baked in the middle, sidecar, and smog in the crease and outer corner, and virgin on the inner corner.

I've mentioned before, when I wear makeup, I wear ALL of the makeup. Especially eyeshadow.
    I am going to try this today. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• My friend bought me a Naked palette as a wedding gift because I was always gushing over her makeup, and it's BOSS.  I have pretty pale skin and I do a combo of Naked, Half Baked, and Smog. Sometimes I add some Sin in there if I want to go with a sparkly thing. 

Their primer is really incredible, too. I just had to work a weird overnight shift - happens once every 18 months - and my eye shadow stayed on for a solid 30 hours. Bad for your skin, I know, but I was on an unusual sleep schedule. 
  • Honestly Naked 2 is the one I go for the most often.  I freaking love it.  Here are some combos for 1 that I like though that aren't necessarily smokey (and usually I do naked up to the brow bone with Virgin right under my brow for some highlighting)

Sin on the lid, Smog in the crease, side car on the inner corner.

For a bit darker:  Toasted on the lid, dark horse mixed with smog on the crease, sin in the inner corner.

Golden look:  half baked on the lid, a bit of virgin on the inner eye, smog in the crease and I like to line underneath my eye with half baked also.  Very fun look!

• kns1988 if you want a cheaper primer that literally works just as well, try the Milani one!  It's freaking amazing!

• For work, I buff naked into the crease, buck on the outer "V" and on the lower lash line, and virgin on the browbone and in the inner corner.

For special occasions, there are two combos I like to use depending on what kind of outfit I'm wearing:

Naked in the crease, sin on the lid, gunmetal in the outer "V", virgin on the browbone and inner corner, creep on the lower lash line

Naked in the crease, half baked on the lid, smog in the outer "V" and on the lower lash line, virgin on the browbone and inner corner.

• Thanks to the help of knottie advice I got the Naked palette + primer a couple of weeks ago and have been experimenting.  Some days it comes out better than others.  Today the shadow looks nice but I got way too excited about my eyebrow gel.  My brows are super aggressive and I'm trying to hide from my [mostly male] coworkers.

Sometimes when I apply the eyeshadow I get sprinkles of color underneath my eye, even if I tap the brush to remove loose shadow before applying.  Today I washed it off with soap and water and then put on some under-eye concealer and it's okay.  But there must be a better way.  Do you put something over your face?  Or does it just disappear naturally after a while?

• @vikinganna87 Urban Decay is notorious for having eyeshadow fallout.  Put on your eye makeup first, then sweep under your eye with some remover before applying face makeup

• Thanks to the help of knottie advice I got the Naked palette + primer a couple of weeks ago and have been experimenting.  Some days it comes out better than others.  Today the shadow looks nice but I got way too excited about my eyebrow gel.  My brows are super aggressive and I'm trying to hide from my [mostly male] coworkers.

Sometimes when I apply the eyeshadow I get sprinkles of color underneath my eye, even if I tap the brush to remove loose shadow before applying.  Today I washed it off with soap and water and then put on some under-eye concealer and it's okay.  But there must be a better way.  Do you put something over your face?  Or does it just disappear naturally after a while?

I fold a tissue and hold it under my eye while I do my eyeshadow.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I also just hold a tissue under my eye.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm too cheap for Naked, but I just got a LORAC palette on Amazon for $15. :) This navy one, cuz the nudes are too warm for me:

• I don't have the original Naked palette, but I have 2 and 3 and I LOVE them- one of my best investments ever.

@larrygaga Don't discount Naked 3 because you are a ginger- I think pinks can be amazing on redheads.  Get into Sephora and try 3 out!!!!

Here are some tutorials that you might like- YouTube rules!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaFNKUlcrqo
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSccJWA6LY0
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zv493DVKkhk

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Well I do think pink looks good on me because of my grey eyes, but I often have very ruddy cheeks. It's more that it's just too much red and pink altogether, but if I'm having a good cheek day pink is pretty rockin'

Thanks for the videos!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• larrygaga said:
    Well I do think pink looks good on me because of my grey eyes, but I often have very ruddy cheeks. It's more that it's just too much red and pink altogether, but if I'm having a good cheek day pink is pretty rockin'

Thanks for the videos!
    You can tone the red on your cheeks down. . . with makeup ;-)

I have rosacea, so I know how it feels. ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• larrygaga said:
    Well I do think pink looks good on me because of my grey eyes, but I often have very ruddy cheeks. It's more that it's just too much red and pink altogether, but if I'm having a good cheek day pink is pretty rockin'

Thanks for the videos!
    You can tone the red on your cheeks down. . . with makeup ;-)

I have rosacea, so I know how it feels. ><
    I like it. Most people have to wear blush to achieve my look and I don't even own blush, and I only know how to put it on because I used to do my sisters makeup.

If I pack the makeup on to cover my cheeks it will also cover my freckles and then I will just be boring looking. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I literally just got a message from my mom asking me if I wanted an unused Naked palette. My sister got to it first :P

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards