Hawaii

Costco Flowers and Leis

Hi,  I was wondering if anyone has used Costco (specifically the one on Maui) for leis and assorted flowers?  
Were their flowers nice?
We have florist making the bouquets.  But I am going to do lots of little vases on the tables that just have 2-4 flowers each.  I am going to get a price from my florist, but I'm toying with the idea of doing it myself.
I am also wanting to get some leis for my guests.  How much did they cost at Costco?  Were you happy with the quality?
Cheers.

Re: Costco Flowers and Leis

• I can't comment personally, but when I was getting married, a lot of brides here did use Costco and were very happy with both the quality and price, so you should be good.  I do believe they sell leis, but you'd have to contact them fro pricing and availability  

• I just used Costco for my October wedding and had a great experience for the price.  Just call Maui Floral and they will quote you for everything wholesale if you say you are a Costco member.  They deliver to Costco and you pay and pick up (I sent my in-laws over to Kahului to pick the order up on the day of the wedding).

We ordered leis for our guests and I believe they were 2 for 14.99. They were the typical purple orchid leis that you see everywhere.  They were awesome and lasted really long (no wilting).

We also ordered specialty leis for our ceremony, loose orchid petals for the aisle and leis for our parents.  I was happy with the quality of all except my tuberose lei, which wilted and turned brown pretty quickly.  I didn't end up wearing it throughout the night but it was pretty on the back of my chair.  We were going to be charged at least double (if not triple) for the same exact things from our florist.

Let me know if you have more specific questions. I might be able to dig up my quote/price list somewhere.

--Stacey

• I just used Costco for my October wedding and had a great experience for the price.  Just call Maui Floral and they will quote you for everything wholesale if you say you are a Costco member.  They deliver to Costco and you pay and pick up (I sent my in-laws over to Kahului to pick the order up on the day of the wedding).

We ordered leis for our guests and I believe they were 2 for 14.99. They were the typical purple orchid leis that you see everywhere.  They were awesome and lasted really long (no wilting).

We also ordered specialty leis for our ceremony, loose orchid petals for the aisle and leis for our parents.  I was happy with the quality of all except my tuberose lei, which wilted and turned brown pretty quickly.  I didn't end up wearing it throughout the night but it was pretty on the back of my chair.  We were going to be charged at least double (if not triple) for the same exact things from our florist.

Let me know if you have more specific questions. I might be able to dig up my quote/price list somewhere.

--Stacey

Congratulations on getting married!!!!

That is so helpful!  I am using a florist for a few things I want done, but I think we can do a lot of it ourselves.  I just feel like some of the florist prices are ridiculous, especially for things like petals for the isles.  

On another note, do you have any feedback on vendors?

Or any tips?
  • Someday when I have time, I'll write my reviews and recap.  We got married at Olowalu Plantation House on October 13th and used Lori Lawrence of Tropical Maui Weddings for coordination.  Her husband Jamie sang at our ceremony and cocktail hour.  We had Cafe O Lei for catering and Lois Hirinaga as our florist.  We bought our liquor at Costco and used Kirsty at Aloha Bars Maui for bartending services. We got our cake and mini desserts from Sugar Beach Bake Shop. Our photographer was Kaua and we did not have a videographer.  Pastor Tino Rosete performed our ceremony.  Let me know if you want information on any of those specific vendors and I'm happy to provide feedback!

Stacey
  • To anyone who has used the Costco flowers - can you post some pics please?
  • The only thing we ordered from Costco, was leis for our guests.  They were great quality and lasted a couple of days.  
  • Stacey can you please send me reviews of vendors? Everyone but the photographer as I'm looking at all of the same ones :)
  • Anyone have pictures or rough pricing estimate on the costco lei's?
  • Stacey - I know this is months later so not sure you are seeing this, but do you have the quotes?
  • Hi All, 

I actually stopped by Costco when I was out there last time. They had quite a few leis (mostly orchid and kukui nut. I've attached the pictures below. Sorry they aren't the best photos...

The orchid leis were 2 for $12.99. The kukui nut varied in price from $9.99 - $12.99. 

Hope this helps!
  • I believe that is what we paid for the leis in March.  We did the the 2 orchid leis for 12.99 for our guests.  They were really nice quality and lasted a couple of days.  We had the leis for myself, dh and daughter made by the florist, but these were perfect for our guests.
  • This is great, thanks for posting the pictures! I think these will defitely be less than the florist!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards