October 2014 Weddings

Photo turn around time?

We were married on Halloween and since the wedding, I have not seen a single one of the photos. No time frame was specified in the contract, but when we met to discuss our wedding, she mentioned roughly 3-4 weeks. I was under the impression that most photographers gave some sort of sneak peek to hold you over, but not only have I not seen anything other than my mom's iPhone photos, she refuses to answer my calls, texts, fb messages, anything! After 3 messages spread over a week, she finally fb messaged me and said the gallery should be online by the next day or friday morning. It is now late Sunday and I still have heard nothing. I'm beyond furious that she is so hard to get in touch with! Am I overreacting?
Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Photo turn around time?

• My contract specifically stated the timeline (4-6 weeks for our digital images and then an additional 3-5 weeks for the archival disc).  We did not get a sneak peak of our photos, but we knew this ahead of time.

Did anybody you know book this same photographer?  If not, did you happen to ask for referrals where you could call them and ask their experience?

Anniversary
  • I was referred to them by a good friend, so I thought she was reliable. I thoroughly checked out her website and FB page to get a feel for her style and then we met with her to discuss our wedding specifics when we booked her. 
  • Did your good friend use them?  If so, ask your friend how long it took them to receive their pictures and if they got a preview.

Anniversary
  • It's less about the previews and more about how my photographer refuses to answer any calls, text, fb messages or emails EVER! If there is an emergency or they aren't ready yet, just TELL ME. Don't ignore me. That only pisses me off. Very unprofessional.
  • My photographer's contract states that we would receive access to all images in an online gallery within 30 days of our event. The photographer posted 2 sneakpeeks to FB the night of our wedding, and emailed me the info for our online gallery 5 days before the deadline. We are supposed to get a drive with all of our pics too, but the hold up is that I haven't picked pictures for the case yet.

Have you gotten ahold of photographer again yet?

• I would be pretty upset too, it's ridiculous and unprofessional that she's not even answering your attempts at communication.  

I guess I was lucky, we couldn't afford a professional photographer (around here their starting packages are $1600-2400, and my entire budget was about $2500), so we went with a friend who is an up and coming.  $250 and I had the disc in hand less than a week after the wedding, plus hubbys cousin has a really nice camera and took a bunch that he loaded right onto our laptop before leaving the reception.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards