Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

I'm a Barefoot Bride!

So on my wedding day I am making all my bridesmais go barefoot. It's a country themed wedding and high heels hurt like a b*tch. So to make things a little more simple and easier, I am crossing "shoes" off my list. The one thing I am stuck on is what color my girls toes should be! Mine are going to be french tip, I want mine to be different than theirs... So they will be one solid color with a painted flower, of course! Their dresses are red with a creme sash and their bouquets are going to be orange... So what should their toes be? Orange, red or creme?
~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~

Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!

• Do they want to be barefoot? Sorry, since you said "I'm making them go barefoot", I would never make anyone go barefoot, some people are really uncomfortable about that. I'd probably let them choose their toenail polish color. Goodluck! =)
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    Nobody will notice their toenail polish color.  However, it is nice of you to pay for all your bridesmaids to have pedicures. . . . . you are paying for them since you are requiring something so specific, right?
  • That's obnoxious.  I'd do a lot for a friend, but going barefoot at a wedding?  No way.

Also, micromanaging their toenail colors?  Step back and really think about how overbearing that is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:e8f26913-73e7-4029-b0ec-53fd6d67f016">I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]S<strong>o on my wedding day I am making all my bridesmais go barefoot.</strong> It's a country themed wedding and high heels hurt like a b*tch. So to make things a little more simple and easier, I am crossing "shoes" off my list. The one thing I am stuck on is what color my girls toes should be! Mine are going to be french tip, I want mine to be different than theirs... So they will be one solid color with a painted flower, of course! Their dresses are red with a creme sash and their bouquets are going to be orange... So what should their toes be? Orange, red or creme?
    Posted by sierraberry32[/QUOTE]

Aren't you sweet.  What happens if someone isn't comfortable being barefoot.  There is no way in hell I'd go barefoot anywhere other than my own house.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I would never want to be barefoot for a wedding. I would never make my Bms do that. If you choose to be barefoot, fine, but don't impose that on others. If it's "country themed" and casual and they all own cowboy boots, I've seen that before. Or flats or sandals. Or, you know, you could let them choose their own footwear and wear something they find comfortable.

Please don't tell them what color to paint their toenails. That is super micromanaging and nobody will notice.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:e8f26913-73e7-4029-b0ec-53fd6d67f016">I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>So on my wedding day I am making all my bridesmais go barefoot.</strong> It's a country themed wedding and high heels hurt like a b*tch. So to make things a little more simple and easier, I am crossing "shoes" off my list. The one thing I am stuck on is what color my girls toes should be! Mine are going to be french tip, I want mine to be different than theirs... So they will be one solid color with a painted flower, of course! Their dresses are red with a creme sash and their bouquets are going to be orange... So what should their toes be? Orange, red or creme?

It's one thing for <strong>you</strong> to go barefoot. That's your choice. Forcing your girls to do it, too, and then dictate nail polish color is beyond 'zilla behavior.Let them wear shoes if they want to.

If somebody decides they want to be barefoot, fine, but in that scenario, don't worry about the nail polish, because nobody (And I do mean nobody) is going to notice.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:3ca650c3-d374-4d7d-8369-b4882a45386b">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I'm a Barefoot Bride! : Aren't you sweet.  What happens if someone isn't comfortable being barefoot.  There is no way in hell I'd go barefoot anywhere other than my own house.
    Posted by HobokenBride2012[/QUOTE]
    Well that's just you. I told my ladies I wanted them to go barefoot and they all were very cool with it, some even were thankful that I wasn't making them wear shoes. So there is no reason to tell me about your footwear preference.
  • Yeah I am being forceful, but no one has an issue with being barefoot. So it means it is going to happen either way!  And for the ladies who actually answered my question or at least tried to, thank you!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:8e7091c7-e4da-4670-a760-1b0b0864974d">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Yeah I am being forceful</strong>, but no one has an issue with being barefoot. <strong>So it means it is going to happen either way! </strong> And for the ladies who actually answered my question or at least tried to, thank you!

I don't get how you can be OK admitting that. I really never throw these phrases around because they are so overused by crazies, but I do honestly feel sorry for your BMs in this situation. You sound like you're going to be hell to deal with as a bride. Good luck with all that.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Vacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:2b086142-6472-4f1a-bc91-fa6acd3ce775">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride! : I don't get how you can be OK admitting that. I really never throw these phrases around because they are so overused by crazies, but I do honestly feel sorry for your BMs in this situation. You sound like you're going to be hell to deal with as a bride. Good luck with all that.
    Posted by Summer2011Bride[/QUOTE]
    All my maids are fine with being barefoot, I am even letting them choose their own BM dresses and I am letting choose how they want to wear their hair... So they see me as the easiest bride to deal with.
  • kaos16kaos16 member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:2b8d7329-5050-4979-9107-fe99c9ff25af">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride! : All my maids are fine with being barefoot, I am even letting them choose their own BM dresses and I am letting choose how they want to wear their hair... So they see me as the easiest bride to deal with.

So their hair and dresses were all be different but the nail polish that covers 3 square inches of their body must be identical?  I'm sorry, but that doesn't make sense to me.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:e8f26913-73e7-4029-b0ec-53fd6d67f016">I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]So on my wedding day I am making all my bridesmais go barefoot. It's a country themed wedding and high heels hurt like a b*tch. So to make things a little more simple and easier, I am crossing "shoes" off my list. The one thing I am stuck on is what color my girls toes should be! Mine are going to be french tip, I want mine to be different than theirs... So they will be one solid color with a painted flower, of course! Their dresses are red with a creme sash and their bouquets are going to be orange... So what should their toes be? Orange, red or creme?

Why not buy one of each color and let each choose which one of the three she feels like having? Like PPs have said, no one is going to be looking at their feet except them. If BM A wants red and BM B wants orange, let them have it that way. It all still fits your color scheme.
  • HobokensFuryHobokensFury member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited June 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:a21773be-69c1-41ec-9240-befa0f5afb2c">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride! : Well that's just you. I told my ladies I wanted them to go barefoot and they all were very cool with it, some even were thankful that I wasn't making them wear shoes. So there is no reason to tell me about your footwear preference.

SO sorry sweetie but it's not just me.  It's most of the population.  You've admitted to being "forceful" as you say which means you bullied your BMs into saying it was ok and agreeing to do something as ludicrous as going barefoot.  I bet your BMs are terrified of you.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:8e7091c7-e4da-4670-a760-1b0b0864974d">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah I am being forceful, but no one has an issue with being barefoot. So it means it is going to happen either way!  And for the ladies who actually answered my question or at least tried to, thank you!

In the real world, if people are okay with an idea, the person proposing it does not have to be forceful.

I'll also tell you that if I saw this at a wedding, my reaction would be "what kind of effed up backwoods hillbillies are these??"
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:536ce961-4877-43f5-bfa8-f5265d1ed4b6">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride! : In the real world, if people are okay with an idea, the person proposing it does not have to be forceful. I'll also tell you that if I saw this at a wedding, my reaction would be "what kind of effed up backwoods hillbillies are these??"
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]
    We are hillbillies, rednecks are more like it though... Born and raised in the middle of nowhere!
  • m tullim tulli member
    First Comment
    edited June 2012
    All I can think is oh god don't go into the bathroom barefoot...ewww

but I agree with letting them pick between the 3 colors.  Makes more sense where the dresses and hair don't match.

85image 71image 14image
  • I am having a barefoot wedding too...
    1st of all.... not really into traditional weddings (they are boring hahahaha)
    2nd my wedding is at the beach... the ceremony and reception are going to be on the sand

Before I picked my girls I asked them if they were ok being barefoot and with the color of the dress ... they said yes so we are good to go.
    My girls are going to have their toes painted french, and mine are going to be solid pink
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
    [QUOTE]So on my wedding day I am making all my bridesmais go barefoot. It's a country themed wedding and high heels hurt like a b*tch. So to make things a little more simple and easier, I am crossing "shoes" off my list. The one thing I am stuck on is what color my girls toes should be! Mine are going to be french tip, I want mine to be different than theirs... So they will be one solid color with a painted flower, of course! Their dresses are red with a creme sash and their bouquets are going to be orange... So what should their toes be? Orange, red or creme?

I would make them use cream.... if they already have red dress I think it will be too much to have their toes red... and the orange idea I dont really like...

Red dress with cream toes will look gorgeous and classy
    Wedding Countdown Ticker PitaPata Dog tickers
  • As pp said I do hope you are paying for your BMs pedicures since you are requiring certain polish. I was once a BM in a bridezilla's wedding and was required to wear a toenail polish color that I could never appropriately wear to work after the wedding. So not only did I have to pay for the pedicure to get the polish required for the wedding but then I had to promptly pay for yet another to change the polish. I don't have the fondest memories of that bride and her wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would at least let them wear sandels. My wedding is at a park so I am thinking of putting flip flops on my bridesmaids.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:fbc725aa-2d58-4772-9871-daa5d6b9ad1e">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to I'm a Barefoot Bride! : I would make them use cream.... if they already have red dress I think it will be too much to have their toes red... and the orange idea I dont really like... Red dress with cream toes will look gorgeous and classy
    Posted by claudiagior86[/QUOTE]
    That does sound nice! Thank you!
    [QUOTE]So on my wedding day I am making all my bridesmais go barefoot. It's a country themed wedding and<strong> high heels hurt like a b*tch.</strong> So to make things a little more simple and easier, I am crossing "shoes" off my list. The one thing I am stuck on is what color my girls toes should be! Mine are going to be french tip, I want mine to be different than theirs... So they will be one solid color with a painted flower, of course! Their dresses are red with a creme sash and their bouquets are going to be orange... So what should their toes be? Orange, red or creme?

You must not wear high heels much, because heels don't have to hurt to that extreme.  But even if they bother you that much, why not wear flats?  There are lots of other options that wouldn't require you to "cross shoes off your list".   You shouldn't force your BMs to go barefoot because YOU think high heels hurt too much.  And, they may say they are ok with it to your face, but behind your back I wouldn't be surprised if they weren't so kind.

Why would anyone want to get all dressed up and then go barefoot all day and have dirty feet.  Not to mention risk stepping on something sharp?  And would you really walk into a restroom with bare feet? 

And I find it awfully strange that they can pick out their dress and their hairstyle, but they can't pick out their polish color?  Ummmm, ok.
  • I wouldn't have an issue going barefoot, but as soon as the bride or anyone else TRIED "force" me to do anything, I would drop out.

If your BMs are ok going barefoot, then that's fine. If you are requiring them to wear a certain color of toenail polish (which I personally think is a little extreme), then you either pay for the pedicures or you buy the nail polish.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • im a barefoot bride too! so is the rest of the wedding party ;) if the ladies are wearing a red, cream would be the best option. keep it simple!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-beauty_im-a-barefoot-bride?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:358Discussion:5e3e7a6d-ed77-416b-a734-8453084c3ce6Post:4de2b7b9-e6d3-493b-aca7-9b257ff26dd7">Re: I'm a Barefoot Bride!</a>:
    [QUOTE]im a barefoot bride too! so is the rest of the wedding party ;) if the ladies are wearing a red, cream would be the best option. keep it simple!
    Posted by kfrazel[/QUOTE]
    Thank you! I was thinking the same! I am paying for it, so im not forcing too much on these girls! lol
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards