Not Engaged Yet

AW/PIP: Let's try this again...

We put in an offer on a new house and IT WAS ACCEPTED!!!! 

I am so nervous after the last experience but hopefully this time everything goes smooooooothly. 

Here are some pictures I took when we were there on Saturday. The quality is not great. The owner passed away and the family was having an estate sale when we were there so there are people and things EVERYWHERE.

Re: AW/PIP: Let's try this again...

• I love it! The kitchen especially!

Good luck on this one, lady. So far I don't know anyone that's had two house purchase attempts in a row be shit shows. So I have every faith that this will work out in your favor. ;)

• YAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations!!!!!! I am so excited for you guys! Do you have a new lawyer you are working with too?

• Yyayayayaya!!!! So excited for you @Swazzle . The kitchen looks awesome! I hope this experience is 10000000x better than the last one.
  • Beautiful house! Congratulations and I'll be crossing everything for you!

Blogspot (ellabeereads)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @AlPacina, @southernpeach89 - I LOVE THE KITCHEN SO MUCH. The drawers catch so they don't slam and the stove is my favorite style. It's perfect! 

@LaPeanut1018 - I got a recommendation from a friend of a friend so I gave them a call yesterday to see how our convo went and I really liked her! I have her contact info and as soon as I receive the fully executed contract, I'll call and officially hire her. There was NO way in hell I was using the same guy as before.

@KeptInStitches - Thank you!

@GoldenPenguin - Best. GIFs. EVARRR. <3 Bradley. <3 my Sisser. 

• Love the enclosed porch and the kitchen cabinets!! Still keeping my fingers and toes crossed that everything goes smoothly for you!!
  • Love it!  The kitchen looks awesome!
  • I love this house especially the kitchen!!!

Anniversary

• CONGRATS!! The house is super cute from the street and the kitchen looks fantastic!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay! I love the kitchen and the house looks so cute! All the good house buying vibes to you!!

• @speakeasy14 - The kids (Bailey, Hailey, Lucy, and Brody) are going to LOVE the porch. Thank you for your crossings!

@loves2shop4shoes, @Peaseblossom55, @lmcooper, @bethsmiles - I can't wait to cook in that kitchen! I don't even know what you do with a top oven and a bottom oven. Thank you for all your well-wishes!

• As long as there is room for me to snuggle the Snoos, I'm elated!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• It looks like a nice house - well kept up!!

Anniversary
  • Swazzle said:
    @speakeasy14 - The kids (Bailey, Hailey, Lucy, and Brody) are going to LOVE the porch. Thank you for your crossings!

@loves2shop4shoes, @Peaseblossom55, @lmcooper, @bethsmiles - I can't wait to cook in that kitchen! I don't even know what you do with a top oven and a bottom oven. Thank you for all your well-wishes!
    You make an epic feast, which will be enjoyed at a future G2G.  ;)
  • YAAAAAAY!!!! I love it! The kitchen is so great, especially since the kitchen at the Douchey House was missing so much. That's awful that the owner's family has to do so much with the house so quickly, but I'm SO HAPPY they accepted your offer. They're probably eager to sell, so I'm crossing my fingers that everything will be smooth and quick this time around. 

• @swazzle - our kitchen as the soft close drawers too, and they're awesome, except that I always try to slam them. ::monkeyface:: 

And my parents have the two oven thing - the top oven is great for heating up dips (like the buff chix dip I'll obviously make when I come to visit), reheating pizza (because it's small, so it doesn't take as long as it would to heat up the whole big oven), or making garlic bread. And it's gas, which is AMAZINGGGGGG. I've burned several things on our gas stovetop since we moved in, so be prepared for a learning curve, haha. They get HOT. FAST.

*******************************************************************************************

• SO excited for you! I love this house!! Keeping EVERYTHING crossed for you this time!!!
  • @beanbot2002 - There is ALWAYS room for you and my favorite nephews <3

@Dignity100 - It's in really, really good condition. The owner was a woodworker so he did a lot of work himself and it's great quality (to my untrained eye, at least). 

@loves2shop4shoes - FACT. And we can just drunkenly stumble into the 1st floor bedroom (not that @audrewuh and I discussed that already or anything). 

• I love the kitchen! Congrats on having your offer accepted. I hope you're in this house very soon!
  • Is the porch all glass/plexiglas or screen?  My cats ripped holes on my mom's porch because the whole thing was screened.  So now it is all Plexiglas and they hunt birds and bugs all year long. 
  • TWO OVENS >>>> NO OVENS.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @eilis1228 - This kitchen is 2304723804x better than the last :)

@GoldenPenguin - My aunt's drawers are the same and H always thinks they're still open. I've only ever had gas stovetops! 

@allusive007 - Thank you!

@500days - 34 days.... but who's counting?

@speakeasy14 - Good question, I honestly don't remember. I *think* there are screens but I could be wrong. 

@TwoDimes - Thanks! It definitely can't be worse hahaha

@phira - FACT.

• Well, ignore my cooking advice then. Maybe you can teach me how to not burn things, lol.

• Congratulations! It's gorgeous, and I'm jealous of your double oven! I wish I'd done that in my kitchen, but I let myself be talked into two microwaves. Two ovens >>> Two microwaves.
  • AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Congratulations! I will cross my fingers that this goes through this time and you become a homeowner of this lovely house! And BF and I have a double oven like that in our apartment now, and we use the top part for reheating pizza or making snacks like mozzerella sticks, jalepeno poppers, etc. (only on cheat days!). It also has a toast function, so we didn't need to buy a toaster and can toast bagels or english muffins in the oven (which is really weird, but it works well!). 

One word of caution, measure the top part. I have two really large and really nice cookie sheets from Sur La Table and they don't fit in the top part of the oven, so I had to go and buy smaller ones when we moved into our place.  

ETF: words are hard. Guess that's what happens when I am up the night before working with China :(

• @GoldenPenguin - I used to burn garlic ALL THE TIME but then I started putting the garlic in before turning up the heat and that helped a lot. WTF are you burning on the stove?

@MsSparky - Thank you! Hahahaha was there reasoning behind the 2 microwaves?

@AuroraRose41 - Thanks for the tips! I will definitely do that. I could use new ones in the near future so that's definitely a good tip before I buy any. 

• Swazzle said:
    @GoldenPenguin - I used to burn garlic ALL THE TIME but then I started putting the garlic in before turning up the heat and that helped a lot. WTF are you burning on the stove?

@MsSparky - Thank you! Hahahaha was there reasoning behind the 2 microwaves?

@AuroraRose41 - Thanks for the tips! I will definitely do that. I could use new ones in the near future so that's definitely a good tip before I buy any. 
    EVERYTHINGGGGG ::sousface:: 

I have to remember to start it low & then turn it up as need be. I burned onions trying to caramelize them for my stuffing on Thanksgiving, so when I did it again last night, I did them lower, and they were better, but FI still complained they were overdone. 

• After reading through this thread, a double oven is officially on my list of "Must Haves" for my future home. How have I lived so long without one?

• @Swazzle - My mom often just sets the top to a keep warm temperature, and then as something finishes in the bottom oven she can throw it in the top and start cooking/baking something else in the bottom.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards