California-Orange County

advice for so cal receptions

We are looking at some venues in southern california.  A lot of the hotels do not let you cater in food.  Are there any advice to finding places that are lax on letting you bring food from outside in orange county?  Any hidden secret areas?

Re: advice for so cal receptions

• irvineboy said:
    We are looking at some venues in southern california.  A lot of the hotels do not let you cater in food.  Are there any advice to finding places that are lax on letting you bring food from outside in orange county?  Any hidden secret areas?
    I'd recommend either cross-posting this to your local board or asking a mod to move it there -- this is an international board, so not everyone here will have advice for your specific area. 
  • Moving this to your local board.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • There were a few places when I was searching but they all charged a lot ($2-$3k) just to bring in an outside caterer, and that's not included what you have to pay the caterer for the food and service. If you want to avoid that extra fee, there are places that let you choose from a list of affiliated caterers or I'd look at places that don't have their own caterer like local parks.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We looked pretty hard for this at the beginning of our search and ended up giving up on it. One of the places we looked at that allowed outside food was a city community room. Look at less traditional places. Also Newland Barn in HB allows outside catering I think. But its been years since I've been there so that may be different now.

• The Newland Barn in Huntington Beach does allow outside catering.  I planned a wedding there last year.  It is a beautiful, rustic shabby chic location.  It is all a pretty affordable option!  I would definitely recommend it, if that is a style you would consider, and I would be happy to share some photos of the wedding I did there.  Good Luck!!   <3
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards