October 2015 Weddings

Decorations for Ceremony/Reception

I am really interested in what everyone is thinking for decorations for their ceremony/reception! Anyone else keeping an eye out on sales for fall items? Any thoughts on centerpieces, aisle decor, what not?

Re: Decorations for Ceremony/Reception

• I plan on doing floral centerpieces just because I personally love flowers, but I plan on sprinkling fabric leaves around the vases (kind of like how some people do that with rose petals) . At the reception, I want to do small pumpkins as table numbers. On the table where the place cards are, I want to have 2 medium size pumpkins that say Mr. on one and Mrs. on the other. The color for my wedding is plum, so the table runners and things like that will be purple, but I really want to have fall accents everywhere. I just hope it will look nice! I'm not really decorating the church much. We are thinking of doing the typical pew bows and some flowers at the altar. I am definitely keeping my eyes open for good sales! 

Do you have any ideas yet? I would love to hear about them! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are having non floral centerpieces bc I'm allergic to flowers. We are having mason jars on real wood. 3 mason jars on each table the bigger one will have clear stones and a candle and the 2 smaller ones will have water in them with purple clear stones and a floating candle.
  • Ooooh those ideas sound super pretty! I love the pumpkin ideas - and the mason jars with floating candles. Super romantic. 

I think we're doing lanterns with two small floral arrangements in bud vases, and votives, for half the tables. I think the other half will have pillar candles in cylinder vases with flower heads scattered around.... 

I hear that now is the time to look for deals, so I am getting really excited! I have to keep my excitement in check since we do have just a little under a year to go..... 
  • I'm thinking of doing candles with small flower arrangements.
  • In case anyone else is going with a rustic feel--Family Dollar currently has these huge spools of burlap ribbon selling as Christmas decor... for only $1!!! I'm going to hit up every store in my area and buy it all for DIY decorations. Haven't figured out exactly what I'll use it for yet, but I know it'll get used! :)
  • edited December 2014
    We are having a Disney and fall themed wedding! (don't worry, not over-the-top)

To pull this off, we are doing custom foam pumpkins for decor on the place card table, our sweetheart table, and in the cocktail area space, and these will have the silhouettes of Disney characters carved out. We will use real small pumpkins, painted in our wedding colors for other decorations elsewhere. 

As centerpieces, we have custom cut paper lanterns. Each table is themed for a Disney Couple and the lanterns display them, and our initials with our wedding date. I love them!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am hoping to do three different tablescapes. I know they have done a combination of high and low centerpieces with other weddings at my venue (centerpieces are included), but I am not sure exactly what they will do, I need to make an appointment with the florist. I have been buying copper mercury glass votives at Michael's with 40% coupons and know those will go on every table and then I also bought a bunch of mercury glass goblet style candle holders (I love Christmas time, the craft stores have mercury glass EVERYWHERE) that come in three different heights that I want to use for one of the tablescapes with a few small flower arrangements. For the other two tablescapes, I would like to do a high flower arrangement, and then a normal height and size flower arrangement. I also bought vases for the smaller arrangements in the copper mercury glass so hopefully they will work with my vision otherwise I have a whole ton of glass for no reason!

I am hoping for a really soft romantic feel, but you know how that goes what you envision and what actually happens are rarely the same. Hopefully, my wedding doesn't become a meme for "pinterest fails" lol.
  • @jessc2010 Your ideas sound awesome! I definitely don't think it'll turn into a "pinterest fail" meme. I've never seen anything like that done, and it sounds beautiful. :)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For centerpieces I am using small low square vases with 4-5 sunflowers in them.  Then my family/friends are letting me use whatever small to medium jars they have around and each table will have anywhere from 5-10 jars on the with tealights in them. I want to focus more having lots of candlelight rather than flowers.  FI is a musician and we are both very in to music so instead of having table numbers we are having tables named after songs. Each table will have a picture frame with an engagement picture, the song title, and why that song is important to us.  

We are also going to use the song idea for our family/friends that are no longer with us, and name that table "Wish You Were Here" by Pink Floyd.

The barn reception space has beautiful chandeliers and bistro lights hanging from the ceilings so I am not doing much for decorations in there.  The ceremony space is pretty bare and will be a lot for me to take on. But I am looking for LOTS of sheer fabric to hang from the exposed beams to soften the place up. Once I am able to I am going to search every craft store for sales for as much fabric as I can find and about a million tealights. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My colors are wine red,mint,gold glitter and white I'm thinking mint table clothes with white and wine red centerpiecs with gold tree branches and some flowers or glitter vases and some flowers haven't decided
  • @tngirl409 that sounds amazing and I bet it will look beautiful. I love the feel of tons of candlelight.
  • We're doing lanterns and votives instead of floral centerpieces. I'll decide later if I want to sprinkle rose petals around them. We'll have plain white linens with runners in our colors. I don't feel our space needs much done to it decor wise. It's got three glass walls, which look out onto a deck and pretty gardens, with a small pond and bridge, exposed beams from the ceiling...very simple, but pretty. I love it.
    Amy & Dave
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards