New York-Hudson Valley

Tough choice to make!

Hello I am bride planning from out of state.  We visited Hudson Valley last week and have narrowed our choices down to the view on the Hudson and Glen island.  Glen island has a higher minimum and quoted us slightly higher.  I like both and am having a hard time deciding.  So what should it be Glen on a Friday or view on a Saturday?  Help please!

Re: Tough choice to make!

• The View is supposed to be great. I know a few people that got married there, and they loved it. I've never attended a wedding there myself though. I've never been to Glen Island, but the pictures look gorgeous. 
    When it comes down to days though, I'd always pick a Saturday over a Friday. 

Good luck! 
  • Thank you for your advice.  We are pretty sure we are going to pick the view! 

• yay! we booked the view so excited!
  • crosen417 said:
    yay! we booked the view so excited!
    Awesome! Congrats @crosen417! Page me if you need any help with anything. I've lived in Rockland County most of my life. 
  • THANK YOU!!! we are so excited now the real planning can begin!
  • Good Choice!! I was married there almost 5 years ago!! Who are you working with there? I worked with Howard!
  • Yes we are also working with Howard.  We are planning from FL so we are going up for New Years Eve to go sign our contract!  Any advice for us?  Would love any info you have to share!
  • best of luck.  I know you will love it.  Ask them if a cake is included and if they provide any candles, or other table decor in the price.  Ask if time is a factor with price - maybe earlier?  maybe later?  is friday cheaper than saturday? 
  • We are flying in for new years eve and are signing our contract Jan 3!
  • ohh does anyone have recommendations for hotel room blocks, photographers and videographer's?
  • yes, use my friends at www.mybelovedwedandart.com
    they did my sister's wedding last year and will be doing my destination wedding this fall in Miami.
    ask for their rates, but keep in mind what you want, i.e., thank you cards, album, video/photo package etc.  they send free quotes mybelovedwedandart@gmail.com  Tell them Esther sent you.  They could also suggest hotels.  Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards