Wedding Reception Forum

Themes and Colors

2»

Re: Themes and Colors

• Our colors are gold and sparkles. Haha. Ok just gold in different tones. Our theme is "Old California" which I realize is a weird theme. But my fiance and I are obsessed with local and California history, and our venue is a historic hotel once named "The California." Our tables are each named after a different California city, and our decor is gold, native plants, and vintage postcards from all over the State. I freaking love themes.
  • Our colors are yellow, blue and silver. No theme
  • Brown, Orange, and Gold. and Glitter!

The Wedding Party will be Red with White accents.

The Theme is Fall.
  • Grass green, sky blue, tree-trunk brown. "Spring day" is the color inspiration, and we'll be getting married on the first day of Spring.
  • Our theme is rustic vintage urban whimsical gatsby chic. 

Just kidding. Our theme is marriage. Our ceremony is in a teeny white church in the middle of the woods and our reception is at a train station. So I used a lot of leaves and train stuff in the decorations. Lots of golds and ivorys and tans. I'm not super into "wedding colors." I just tried to make stuff not clash. The bridesmaids are wearing a garnet color. The guys are just wearing classic black tuxedos. The flowers are kind of pale pinks and ivorys and tans. 

• Our theme is rustic vintage urban whimsical gatsby chic. 

Just kidding. Our theme is marriage. Our ceremony is in a teeny white church in the middle of the woods and our reception is at a train station. So I used a lot of leaves and train stuff in the decorations. Lots of golds and ivorys and tans. I'm not super into "wedding colors." I just tried to make stuff not clash. The bridesmaids are wearing a garnet color. The guys are just wearing classic black tuxedos. The flowers are kind of pale pinks and ivorys and tans. 
    I read the first line 3 times with squinty eyes and a WTF look. lol!! I guarantee that's SOMEONE'S theme, complete with Pinterest vomit all over their wedding.

Side note - I LOVE the idea of having your reception in a train station. Really cool!
    *********************************************************************************

• wrigleyvillewrigleyville member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2014
    As a railfan and frequent Amtrak traveler, I am SUPER JEALOUS of your train station reception. Super. Jealous.
  • MrsKatieBrownMrsKatieBrown member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited August 2014

We don't have a specific theme, we just want our day to reflect our styles, personalities and love for one another. So I guess the theme is US! If you want to get technical though, it will have a rustic/vintage style with a lot of photos and song lyrics incorporated into the décor.

My bridesmaids dresses are a light sea foam color and the guys are going to wear grey. The flowers are will be mostly coral with light blues. Here's one of my inspiration photos:

• We're not having a theme but we want a retro midcentury vibe. Think of a cocktail party Don Draper and the rest of the gang from Mad Men would attend. We're basically blending everything we love (antiques, travel, etc.)

Our colors are black, shades of ivory, and some gold.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Our colors are yellow and grey with hints of chevron otherwise no theme.

The BM dresses and tuxedos will be grey and the flowers will be mixes of yellows and whites.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ohannabelleohannabelle member
    First Answer First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its
    edited August 2014
    We're not doing a "theme'" in a dedicated way, but definitely heavy on the antique and vintage details. It makes sense with the venue, an old building in Seattle's Pike Place Market. 
    Daughter's color palette:image
  • I'm doing fall colors and rustic theme. This is the venue reception. 2nd is ceremony site and 3rd is brides cabin.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  •  My theme will be "Vibrant Vintage" as I like to call it. Basically vintage themed, baroque frames, chalkboard, birds, and antique touches here and there, but with Orange and Royal Blue. It's an almost summer wedding, (May 16th) so we are combining spring and summer, hoping to liven up the antique feel. 
    Call me crazy, but I hope it works!
  • Our colors are plum,chartreuse and silver with lavender accents. Our theme is music. 
  • Light blue and coral here! Our theme is Disney (with a whole lotta ocean things thrown in for mermaids)

@alikat9614 love that you also had Disney touches!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @themermaidbride118, please stop bumping several-month-old threads.

• edited December 2014
    @viczaesar Oh, I didn't realize you were forced to look at the threads or my responses. My apologizes.

The last response before mine was in September. That's 3 months...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Purple, gray and silver the theme is "Love is Sweet." 
  • @viczaesar Oh, I didn't realize you were forced to look at the threads or my responses. My apologizes.

The last response before mine was in September. That's 3 months...
    Yes, and that's considered to be a dead thread around here.  You bumped several old threads.

• Our colors are ivory, Tiffany blue, and green.  Our theme is: we're getting married!!!!  Now let's party!!  Top shelf open bar is that way!
  • @viczaesar I have already apologized to you. I have just started even posting on forums. I didn't know it would send notifications, as I mentioned, nor that it was such a sore subject on here. My guess is that these comments are still "bumping" threads as you said, so this will be my last one... 

Good day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @viczaesar I have already apologized to you. I have just started even posting on forums. I didn't know it would send notifications, as I mentioned, nor that it was such a sore subject on here. My guess is that these comments are still "bumping" threads as you said, so this will be my last one... 

Good day.
    @themermaidbride118 your "apology" was a fake bullshit apology and I do not accept it.  I asked you to please stop bumping old threads, as you had bumped several.  I said nothing about notifications, nor did I hint about them in any way.  You came back all passive aggressive and tried to play the 'poor me, I'm misunderstood' card.  Now you know that the forums consider months-old threads to be dead.

• Here are my colors.  I've gotten a few weird looks from family, but I love them. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I really like those colors. I think it's just hard for them to imagine how you're going to use them.
  • We are doing grey, yellow, and mint. We are having a shabby chic winery wedding :smiley:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards