June 2016 Weddings

It's our time!

YAAY! It's finally here! 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
Funny Awkward animated GIF

Re: It's our time!

• It looks like you're one of the only other 2016 bride to post. Yay us! I'm in January but just curiously popped over to the other 2016 threads...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Oh! I just now saw there is a June 2016 board!  How fun!
  • I am excited to see this too because im june 2016 too. YAY!
  • So quiet, but should pick up after the new year....hopefully...
  • MadHops21 said:
    So quiet, but should pick up after the new year....hopefully...
    we are starting our planning in the new year, after moving in together. 
  • I'm here ladies!! woohoo!!!

• I'm also June 2016!! Starting to book the big items but the venue I want won't sign contracts until 12 months before so that is putting a lot of other things on hold. Boo!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• 714hbbride It's so weird how places do booking like that. One venue says people book 2 years ahead, another says a year in advanced....so odd
  • im in the same boat, most of my places i want wont book until a year out. 
  • MadHops21 said:
    714hbbride It's so weird how places do booking like that. One venue says people book 2 years ahead, another says a year in advanced....so odd
    They were the only venue that wasn't willing to book now !! I am a bit bummed but will deal. Only 6 more months til I can sign.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• kmomackmomac member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2014
    YAY! So excited! We actually already booked and put our deposit down. I feel about ten times better now that we have that taken care of. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also a June 2016 Bride!! Just wanted to say hi to everyone!  Can't wait to start the actual planning soon :)
  • Recently engaged as of Dec 24th :-) We're thinking June 2016!
  • Just booked our venue this weekend! Two weekends were already booked luckily not our date! Very exciting.. and very nervous.
  • I've only come across some photographers that wont book this early, but I've had plenty of venues that are already booked for our date!
  • I'm also getting married on June 2016.  I've started checking things out, but I haven't spoken to anyone yet.  Some people said to get them done as soon as possible, but others say that I still have a year and a half.  
  • @fieryredsam keep looking for photogtaphers. We found one who would do ours this early and included an engagement session that is only 3 months away. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Knottie50832941 There are advantages to both. You might be able to ave money by booking earlier as vendors tend to raise their price every year but some vendors won't book this far out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I already have my venue, officiant, photographer, videographer, makeup artist and baker. Still missing a DJ. I am an uber planner. OCD it's horrible. Congratulations ladies.
  • Hi ladies! I'm June 2016, too. Guess that makes us all head-starters. Great minds. Congratulations to you all!

Looking at bunch of places, and some of them don't book this early... but a lot actually say they do, and since we're on a budget, figured it can't hurt to look early. Hoping to have something locked down by March. June's such a busy bridal month, it's probably best to nab the best spots now. Especially for the perfect outdoor spot...
  • I thought at first that I was nuts for booking our ceremony and reception venues back in September '14.  I called our reception venue recently to inquire about hosting a baby shower there in one of its smaller rooms and found out that they had changed venue prices. They are honoring the prices that are listed in the contract we signed which is great because if I had waited to book it in '15, we definitely would be paying a lot more for the venue.

So, if you think you're nuts for wanting to book, you may get a better deal by getting locked into cheaper prices should venues decide to change their price structure.
  • I'm looking at a venue now that's willing to lock in their 2015 prices for me if I book with them this first half of the year. A lot of venues offer that, it's really nice. Saving me a bunch of money. 
  • Booked our ceremony venue, but that's it. I'm planning long distance, but this summer I'll be living in the city where we're going to get married and I'll be able to get a lot done. That will put us within the 12 month mark AND I won't have too much huge stuff to do when I'm gone again. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We booked our venue yesterday so excited. Now I can start looking all the other vendors. Already told FH that he need's to start working more overtime lol.
  • I just got a new job and I'm trying to get as much overtime as possibly. And saving up PTO. Gotta get ready! 
  • I have been working like crazy to research & book vendors. Many of my vendors are booking for 2016! Plus, it's nice to be able to book your top choice of vendor without competing too much for dates. I felt like I have had enough time to enjoy looking at vendors without feeling overwhelmed. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My vendors are starting to book, so now I have to actually start putting deposits down and pick a date. Finally!
  • Yeah, I'm dragging the fiance to visit our first choices in mid-February, and I'm almost terrified we'll be too late for our favorite dates. But he's been busy with a couple of major papers, trying to get them publish-worthy, and wasn't able to look at things in person for most of the past fall. My goal is to have our reservation by the end of March at the latest... 
  • We booked our reception venue and photographer! I've gotten a few things off of Facebook groups for the wedding. I definitely recommend searching for the groups in your area....I already have Chinese lanterns, centerpieces, candy buffet bowls. The groups start out as "recycle your wedding..." And the area you live.
  • @bhahn0911: Oooh. I hadn't thought to look for those. What a great idea!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards