Wedding 911

Booking an officiant

When is the appropriate time to pay your officiant? I have a meeting with one Monday and he said at our first meeting is when I should pay him. It just sounds fishy to me. Why do I have to pay him a year in advance (our wedding is Nov 2015) and would if I don't like him? Has anyone else come across something like this?

Re: Booking an officiant

• tammym1001tammym1001 member
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2014
    We didn't pay our officiant until the night before the wedding, but a lot of vendors will ask for at least some money up front to book the date for you. 

ETA: you probably aren't going to have any contact with him again until a month or so before the wedding so you will have to figure out if you like him at that first meeting anyways. 

• Ok, thank you! That was very helpful!!
  • We paid ours a deposit (I think $100) and then paid him the rest at the rehearsal. 
    *********************************************************************************

• An officiant I considered charged half up front.

I ended up choosing priest, who just received cash day of--DOC gave envelope to best man who slipped it to him.
  • We paid ours at rehearsal.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards