Florida-Central Florida

Suitable months for outdoor wedding

Hi all,
I apologize if this has already been addressed; I am struggling with the search option at the moment.  My FI and I will be moving to Orlando soon and are planning to have our wedding there.  We currently live in NC so I am not sure of the central FL weather at different times of the year.  We would like to do March of 2016...but I am wondering if it will already be overly hot at that point? Most of the places I have looked at would have an outdoor ceremony followed by an indoor ceremony.
Any advice would be very much appreciated!

Re: Suitable months for outdoor wedding

• March is not too bad, but I would have the tent or backup space incase of weather (rain).

I'm getting married in March next year and decided against the outdoor space for the cocktail hour. We're having a formal event and don't want to make any guests uncomfortable in case it is a little warm and/or humid.

imageimage

• Our reception and ceremony were outside in march of this year. Weather was perfect but a tad warm in the middle of the day, sunny and 85. That said, beginning of March is usually safer because towards April we tend to get more rain. Heat wise, it's hard to know. March/April vary greatly from very cold (by florida standards) and very warm (for that time of year). Check this tool on the accuweather.com: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orlando-fl/32801/march-weather/328169 

March is probably the best time for an outdoor wedding in Florida, just keep in mind our weather can be pretty unpredictable.
  • Thanks so much!
    Anywhere I decide on will have an indoor backup for rain...I have the worst weather luck!
    I just wanted to double check before getting too far into planning so I don't make any guest uncomfortable!
    Thanks again!
  • justjesss if you have the worst weather luck, may I suggest the bury the bourbon tradition? Couldn't hurt!

imageimage

• justjesss if you have the worst weather luck, may I suggest the bury the bourbon tradition? Couldn't hurt!

I will admit I had never heard of this, but after a little googling I am sold! Thanks for the advice!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards