Wedding Invitations & Paper

Best way to collect addresses? (text, e-mail, f-book...)

How did you collect addresses for your invitations? facebook messages, texts, e-mail, all of the above?

Does anyone know of a service that would let my guests populate my guest list for me, like online or via text or something? that would be so nice lol

I'm leaning towards using texts and e-mail, and populate the list using excel (wish I didn't have to but whatever). I'll call those who don't respond? 

Re: Best way to collect addresses? (text, e-mail, f-book...)

• I texted and used Facebook. If I saw some of the people I wanted to invite in person, I asked for their addresses right then and there. 

• i feel like facebook is so easy to do (at least for everyone on it; i know some people don't have it).
  • For the majority of ours, we Facebooked (just make sure you do individually instead of a group email).  We also got our parents to call for family members.  The rest we called or texted.

Luckily, my sister got married two months before we did, so we were able to steal a lot of her work :)

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • For the majority of ours, we Facebooked (just make sure you do individually instead of a group email).  We also got our parents to call for family members.  The rest we called or texted.

Luckily, my sister got married two months before we did, so we were able to steal a lot of her work :)

THis is exactly what I did. All I am missing is Fi's family and some friends grrr

• I absolutely hate the new FB messenger, so I texted and emailed.  But I don't think there's anything wrong with the way you get them - so long as you get them all :)
  • For the majority of our friends we FB messaged them.  Some others we texted or just asked for it when we saw them.  For the majority of our family members we asked our parents for some help.  My Mom had most addresses already, same with H's Mom so it didn't take much effort on their part.

• I highly recommend postable.com to collect addresses. I emailed, facebook messaged, or text the link and all people had to do was fill out their info. For my guests that aren't tech savvy, I called them and added in their contact myself. I have friends who used it for their weddings and now use it to send out Christmas cards. Address collection is free. The website makes money if you send cards through them. 

This is what our link looks like when you send it to someone to fill out: 
    www.postable.com/ChristinaAndJohn

• I saw postable.com and I was looking at that last night. And yes, I hate the new Facebook messenger too!

Thanks guys!
  • I had most already, had the parents track down a couple for us that we needed and i put them all in an excel spreadsheet (which i used to track everything..responses, addresses, meal choices, gift received etc) 
  • I had H's parents give me a list of the people they wanted to invite with addresses and names and ages of children included. For any of my family or friends I just texted or Facebooked them for their address or asked in person.

I kept everything in an excel where I also tracked RSVPs, gifts/thank you notes sent, etc. I also used the Wedding Wire tool for some of this but I mostly relied on my excel.

• I'm having a lot of luck this holiday season. When I go to a holiday party, I go right up to the people whose addresses I need and straight up ask them what their address is, or how to spell their girlfriend's last name, etc. People are usually really happy to provide this information and tell me they're excited that they're getting an invite. It has also been a really good way to strike up a conversation with relatives like my Great Aunt who I really don't talk to that much when I see her at parties.

If I know I won't be seeing guests before I send my save-the-dates out, I will text or facebook message probably.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• First I went to my Grandparents and got 90% of my family's addresses (those little black books are crammed with info) and for friends I just texted them. I also inputted everything into excel spreadsheets, so that I had everything in one place.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards