November 2015 Weddings
Options

XP: tasting scheduled to see if we want this caterer

Denise40Denise40 member
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited December 2014 in November 2015 Weddings
On 12/29/14. We can choose 4 entrees, 6 sides and 3 horsdoeuvres. This is what we are thinking: Hordoeuvres: we will taste sliced smoked sausage with sweet and tangy honey BBQ sauce and mini meatballs with either Swedish gravy or BBQ sauce. Will also have cheese and crackers and a vege/relish tray. Entrees: Herb chicken with white wine cream sauce Roasted pork loin Rajun Cajun combo: which comes with blackened chicken, red beans and rice, and either Étouffée or gumbo (FI is Cajun) Seasoned, smoked or garlic & mushroom chicken( not sure which one to taste) Sides: Garlic whipped potatoes Roasted garlic & rosemary potatoes Macaroni & Cheese Grilled vegetables Green bean casserole Country green beans(onion and bacon) Our other entree will be steak but can't do a tasting of it. How does this sound? Would you make other choices? I have like 8 pages of food to chose from. Edit: had paragraphs, but when posted, they are gone
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: tasting scheduled to see if we want this caterer

• Options
    lbailey886lbailey886 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    It's the end of the day at work and my mind has stopped working, so I'm not of any help right now. I just wanted to say that you have made me hungry and I'm not looking forward to this part of planning... (I'm not a very decisive person!)

Edit: added the following :)

This sounds awesome... If you only get to taste one of the chicken dishes, I'd do the garlic mushroom or the Ragun Cajun. And roasted potatoes are awesome, and probably won't dry out as fast as the whipped potatoes would. Enjoy!
  • Options
    Thanks @lbailey886‌ I'm allowed to taste 4 entrees. That 1 chicken dish comes either seasoned, smoked or garlic with mushrooms. I'm not sure out of those 3 which way to taste it. I'm the same way. I'm bad about choices
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards