Chit Chat

Any recent shopping scores?

I just got a Ralph Lauren evening gown, a hand-beaded cocktail dress, Cole Hann dress flats, and embellished dress shoes for $150. The beaded dress along probably retails for twice that much. Thank you Nordstrom Last Chance! 

Anyone else have some fantastic finds?

Re: Any recent shopping scores?

• On Black Friday FI and I went to Michael's and found gold chargers on sale for $1 each, plus we had a 30% off coupon, so they ended up being 70 cents each! Much cheaper than renting for $1.75 a piece, plus we can sell them after the wedding.

Of course we had to drive to 3 different Michael's to get 280 of them, but it was worth it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • behsco90 said:
    On Black Friday FI and I went to Michael's and found gold chargers on sale for $1 each, plus we had a 30% off coupon, so they ended up being 70 cents each! Much cheaper than renting for $1.75 a piece, plus we can sell them after the wedding.

Of course we had to drive to 3 different Michael's to get 280 of them, but it was worth it!
    Oh I got the same ones for my dinning room but in silver. I have turquoise ones from last Black Friday too (same sale). Very nice wedding fine.
  • lovegood90lovegood90 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    I got some awesome sweaters from Old Navy and the Gap this weekend! Old Navy was up to 60% off and Gap was 40% I think.

Almost got a new parka but I resisted...think I need to go back though if the sale's still on. Gap parkas are seriously amazing, I just realized I've had my current one for at least 7 years!

Formerly martha1818

• By recent shopping scores I had my ass handed to me at Carter's.  I just missed the 25% off sale by a day, but I was waiting on siblings to give me sizes for spawn. I used a 20% off coupon, but because I wanted to give them spring clothes, it was all full-price, and I had to pay $15 for rush shipping.  On the plus side, my nieces and nephew will look so god damn adorable!
  • I scored H some Cole Haan dress shoes over 1/2 off from Amazon (cyber Monday I think?).

I also got a great deal from Shutterfly.  I did two photobook for my family and H's family with wedding pics.  I got them 50% off with a free upgrade to expedited shipping.  I also had a $20 promo card I recently got when I purchased a BM dress at David's Bridal for a friends wedding.  Score!  On the same note.... when they arrived and I noticed a mistake (my fault) they reordered them with rush shipping for free!  They've got me as a customer from now on ;)

• $255 Fossil watch for $35, $70 cape for $14, $45 belt for $8, and banana republic $100 dress for $15.

God, I love the outlets + BF.

imageimage

• I bought DH a leather jacket for Christmas. I paired up a bunch of discounts and got it down from $355 to $110. Feeling pretty pleased with myself.

I'm the couponing girl so my biggest brag is that I got 2 shopping bags of toiletries, makeup basics and cleaning supplies for SIL (broke grad student) for under $10. I try to stock her up when she comes home since she's already on a ramen noodle diet.

Oh- and I replaced my beat-to-shit black Cole Haan flats with an identical pair that I found at the Bloomie's outlet. $40!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's awesome! I live for deals and sales haha

I was doing X-mas shopping online and noticed Macy's was having 25% off sale, and I had a promo code for 20% off so I went ahead and got a bridal shower gift off my friend's registry. I don't even have an invitation yet because the shower is not until March but hell I wasn't going to pass up the $80 wine glasses she wants for $45.

• Haven't gotten any really amazing deals lately, aside from normal Christmas time discounts, but I'm kicking myself for missing out on one for Vera Bradley. On Saturday I ordered a purse from the website for my MIL. It was on a pretty decent sale so I was happy to save a little money. Well, the next day it was marked down t $20, instead of the $40 that I paid (originally $60). If I had just waited ONE day, I could've saved a ton and still gotten it in time for Christmas.
  • I bought the new Kat Von D Interstellar eyeshadow palette for basically half price thanks to me being VIB Rouge at Sephora.

• Haven't gotten any really amazing deals lately, aside from normal Christmas time discounts, but I'm kicking myself for missing out on one for Vera Bradley. On Saturday I ordered a purse from the website for my MIL. It was on a pretty decent sale so I was happy to save a little money. Well, the next day it was marked down t $20, instead of the $40 that I paid (originally $60). If I had just waited ONE day, I could've saved a ton and still gotten it in time for Christmas.
    I SO would have been on the phone with their Customer Support if that happened to me. As a couponer and sales driven purchaser, I'm sorry for your loss :(

imageimage

• oooo @SBMini - I like the sounds of that outfit! Do you have an event coming up??

We scored a 3BR, 3.5BA Aspen rental house at a fundraiser - $600 for a WEEK. There is a hot tub and I'm excited. We're going with some friends in February. Wooo! 

I am also an LLBean fan. A couple weeks ago, they had a 20% off sale, plus I had a 20% coupon, so DH and I got some new snowshoes for a really good deal.
    *********************************************************************************

• H's birthday was yesterday, and he has been wanting a new imageimagecoffee mug for the office.  I got him a mug with this on it:
    image'
    He loved it!
  • I hit up Banana on Saturday. They were having a 40% off sale. I got a really cute dress and a few pair of jeans for H. 
    Then I went to BB&B and used every single 20% off coupon I had. I think I saved like $75. 
  • edited December 2014
    Yeah @SBMini we need to hear where you're going in that fancy dress!

@jenna8984 I did the same thing at Macy's with some friends' wedding registry - their wedding isn't until May, so the shower will probably be in March but I haven't heard yet, but I wanted to take advantage! And I wanted to make sure I snagged their waffle iron, so I could also get them this: (edited to fix picture)

I got two pairs of Levis for 40% off on BF plus an additional... 20% off my first order I think? 2 pairs of jeans for like $60.

• oooo @SBMini - I like the sounds of that outfit! Do you have an event coming up??

We scored a 3BR, 3.5BA Aspen rental house at a fundraiser - $600 for a WEEK. There is a hot tub and I'm excited. We're going with some friends in February. Wooo! 

I am also an LLBean fan. A couple weeks ago, they had a 20% off sale, plus I had a 20% coupon, so DH and I got some new snowshoes for a really good deal.
    We have a semi-formal work holiday party and my SIL is getting married in March in an art-deco themed affair. I like the red dress a lot, it is super classy, but I'm a little worried it may be too formal for the work function. What does everyone think? 

imageimage
  • SBmini I like the blue dress better, but they both look great on you!
  • LOVE that blue dress. Definitely appropriate for a nice work function and/or a wedding.
    *********************************************************************************

• Love them both! You have a killer bod! The beaded one might be a little much for the work party but I think the red one would be nice since the red is Christmas-y. The beaded one sounds so perfect for an "art deco" wedding!

• I love both of them! I agree though that the long dress might be a little OTT for the office party, if you love it, just rock it!

• omfg @sbmini that short one is to diiiiiiiiie for. I love it.

I got smokin' deals on all my christmas gifts on Amazon. Cheap books, tools, video games, the works. The only times I've had to venture into stores this year was to get stuff for the house.

I LIIIIIIIVE for online shopping, I can comparison shop so much better that way.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• SBmini said:
    oooo @SBMini - I like the sounds of that outfit! Do you have an event coming up??

We have a semi-formal work holiday party and my SIL is getting married in March in an art-deco themed affair. I like the red dress a lot, it is super classy, but I'm a little worried it may be too formal for the work function. What does everyone think? 

imageimage
    SO JEALOUS OF THAT BLUE DRESS! I love everything about it.

Ok, back to the question at hand, I think if the gents would be wearing no jacket (only button down and tie) than it may be a little over dressed. However I'm in the same thought process as many others from the other thread that over dressed is better.Just match your SO and you're fine

imageimage

• beethery said:
    omfg @sbmini that short one is to diiiiiiiiie for. I love it.

I got smokin' deals on all my christmas gifts on Amazon. Cheap books, tools, video games, the works. The only times I've had to venture into stores this year was to get stuff for the house.

I LIIIIIIIVE for online shopping, I can comparison shop so much better that way.
    Me too! ;)  So much more efficient and easier.

Even my BMs bought their dresses online. So convenient and such a time saver!

• dolewhipper said:SO JEALOUS OF THAT BLUE DRESS! I love everything about it.

Ok, back to the question at hand, I think if the gents would be wearing no jacket (only button down and tie) than it may be a little over dressed. However I'm in the same thought process as many others from the other thread that over dressed is better.Just match your SO and you're fine
    Yeah the beaded dress was definitely a find. The thing weighs about 30 lbs it has so many beads on it! The guys will be in suits with jackets. I think I'm going to show both options to a coworker and get their opinion. 
  • beethery said:
    omfg @sbmini that short one is to diiiiiiiiie for. I love it.

Me too! ;)  So much more efficient and easier.

Even my BMs bought their dresses online. So convenient and such a time saver!
    I think my girls are going to pick their dresses out online too. If the place is legit, it's aaaaallll good to get a dress from there. Hell, I bought a dress from BHLDN to try it on, and if it had been a dress I was REALLY into, I'd have been a perfect 'bought my wedding dress online' story.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• I picked up some of those LED twig branch light things for 5 cents and two bitchin lamps for 14.99 each. 

I've also been getting some stuff from Zulilly, but none of it quite reaches "steal" status.

Anniversary

Buy it again and return the first one!

I do this ALLLLL the time.

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• On Cyber Monday I got jewelry for me and my sister from Henri Bendel's, 40% off!  It was stuff that we were admiring months and months ago but at the time, we couldn't justify the cost. 

I'm wearing my sparkly new ring as we speak. Merry Christmas to me! 

• I had a surprisingly good day at Sephora this weekend, not because of amazing deals but just because everything stacked up so nicely - I had the $20 off holiday card and it's my birthday month and I had a ton of points, so I wound up with a large Urban Decay foundation; false eyelashes; Makeup Forever lipstick and mascara; Bliss cleanser, hand lotion, body butter, and two single-use peels; and some single samples for $38. I was pretty proud.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Yey! Bargain brag: Four 4piece place settings of cobalt fiestaware.:are for $55 at Kohl's.

And big, big bargain $1310 off our cruise cabin  in combined sales pricing, on board credit and credit card promotion.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards