Not Engaged Yet

No Thursday Thread?

I've never started a daily thread! I guess I can start now. How is everyone doing today?

The colposcopy wasn't bad. I just didn't expect cramps to start 5 SECONDS after the sample was taken. And I couldn't go home and take a bath like I'd normally do when I get cramps. Oh well. Thank you for your stories yesterday everyone. They made it slightly easier to spread my legs. ;)

I've decided that Whitney Houston is the only one that truly understands the song "Do You Hear What I Hear?" I mean, it's just Whitney being Whitney, but I always felt like that song should have been way more exciting, considering the subject matter. Anyone have any favorite Christmas songs this year? I keep listening to Carol of the Bells by Pentatonix and Merry Christmas, Baby by C Lo Green and Rod Stewart. Although those were both released years ago.

Re: No Thursday Thread?

• Final. Final final final. Staff meeting. Final. Rocket propulsion. It really is rocket science. I'm a little wired right now ...
  • We are about to go out to lunch for our annual coworker Christmas lunch at Village Tavern. I'm sooo hungry! My boss bought me a Christmas gift. I feel so special. I got a starbucks giftcard, lilly pulitzer pens, and beautiful flowers! She is so sweet.

Tonight I'm baking Tilapia with a garlic cream sauce and steamed green beans after CrossFit. Puppy is hanging out with his cousins all day at my parent's house so he will be nice and tired tonight so we can relax while we eat.
  • Do You Hear What I Hear always sounds kind of sad to me. I don't know. But it's still one of my favorite Christmas songs.

Today is my FRIDAY!!! Tomorrow we're leaving at 4 am for our Christmas vacation to Indiana. H's company Christmas party is tonight so I'm hoping to leave work early and go home and change and put on some make-up so we can go socialize for a few hours before we have to go home and load up the car and go to bed. I got most of my packing done last night but all of the essential stuff like shampoo and toothbrush and whatever has to wait til last obviously.

• Well, I had an interesting day yesterday. I did receive a promotion and a very small (but very appreciated considering that we had layoffs only 1 month ago) raise. I had a couple work presentations yesterday that also went really well - so all in all a good day.

Now that i'm a supervisor though, I had to give promotion/raise info to my 1 employee. Considering he got a significant raise and a promotion I thought it would be an easy peasy task. Well, he'd been expecting to get a promotion 1 title higher than he received and was extremely upset. So much so that he didn't take my advice to go home for the rest of the day to cool off and instead whet in and cussed out our VP. Ummm...not the greatest start to my supervising role! Luckily HR says I'd handled the situation impeccably, but I have no idea if my employee will get to stay or not. Crazy day.

Today my department gets to go to Maggiano's for a holiday lunch...and then I may leave a little early because i'm TIRED. I don't know if it's a pregnancy thing or a stress thing, but my legs feel as though i've run a marathon in my sleep. ow.

• Work has been sort of crazy, since it's the holiday rush. I've been packing gifts for hours on end, every day of the week, as well as on sunday. Very draining. Kind of demoralizing. Wasn't what I signed up to do, and I'm not sure I like what I signed up to do in the first place (its more businessy than I ever really wanted)... but it's a job. So, trying to remember to be grateful, and grin and bear it. I'd say I'm looking forward to the weekend... but it will be a very short weekend. At least it's the last one where I have to work on Sunday!

Sorry to be a bummer.

Oh-- last weekend I had to get my front headlight replaced, plus my rear brakepads. Car place called up (while FI and I were looking at wedding rings in a jewelery store... AWKWARD!) and said "you need to do the front brakepads, and your struts." I said no to the struts (would have been an extra $1000, and research says that its not really a safety issue), but all four brakepads/ rotors (and a battery clean up, and the headlight) were $700. Ugh.

Fiance needs to get a new rim for a tire. It will be $400.

I hate cars.
  • edited December 2014

@cu97tiger I will be thinking of you and praying this works out! Keeping everything crossed.

@allusive007 sounds like you handled everything well, but that still sucks. 

I have a holiday party for work today, we get to leave early, but it's pizza and beer and I have rehearsal.  I'll stay for half an hour so I can go home and eat because I can't eat the pizza and have to head home early.  I had my ENT appointment yesterday he looked over my CAT scan and stuck a camera up my nose.  He basically gave me a prescription for a nasal spray and gave me a prescription for acid refiux which he thinks would help my cough and some other things going on. I have a slightly deviated septum, but nothing to warrant surgery.  The acid reflux and the nasal spray & the acid reflux medicine can't used when pregnant.  I just wonder if it's worth even going on this medication to begin with.....

Anniversary

• @AlPacina I'm glad that it went relatively well! I hope the cramps subside soon!

@southernpeach89 that tilapia sounds delicious!

@allusive007 congratulations on the promotion and raise! Sorry about your employee, but I agree with HR that you did handle it the right way!

Today is also my FRIDAY! BF and I leave at 6:30 am to fly back to NY tomorrow! Last night was my team's Holiday get together, and my manager took us all out for happy hour at a local bar that just opened. We had craft beer, appetizers, and played foosball! It was awesome, however, our manager kicked all of our butts at foosball. We didn't let him win either!

Our apartment complex also had a Christmas party last night that BF and I went to, and we had a great time drinking wine and meeting other residents.

Today I have a lot of meetings, but I may leave this afternoon to start packing before my 6 pm meeting tonight with people in India and China. Fortunately I can call in from home to that one.

I definitely had a bit of a BSC breakdown last night, and mentioned how I was feeling to BF. He told me that he had already thought about the fact that I would want to be surrounded by my family and friends in person instead of having to Skype or call everyone, and asked me if getting engaged back in NY was something that I wanted. I told him that it was, and he nodded and hugged me and said that it wouldn't be over the top in that case, and I told him that I didn't want something over the top; just heartfelt. We cuddled after that and fell asleep. I feel 100000 times better about everything now.

• @cu97tiger - Everything I can cross is crossed for you. I don't think I've ever wanted something for someone else SO MUCH.

@aurorarose41 - I read your PM & I promise I will get back to you!! I have thoughts and other suggestions :) I hope it happens when you're in NY so that I can see the ringggggg :)

I don't really like Christmas music. Maybe that makes me a grinch, but I really can do without it. 

@alpacina - FI took me to see Pentatonix in Boston for my birthday last year. It was pretty much the coolest concert ever. They are so ridiculously talented. I get goosebumps just thinking about it.

I am ready to go home. FI & I are having a Christmas dinner with two of our friends tonight, and I'm excited. We're making bacon risotto with chicken cutlets, and having some spiked egg nog :) 

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @cu97tiger -I'm crossing everything for you!!! 
  • @cu97tiger - Keeping you in my prayers and everything crossed!
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2014

@cu97tiger - So many vibes for you! Keeping everything crossed!

@allusive007 - Congrats on the promotion, although that's a REALLY tough way to start it off. If they let him go after that will you get to hire someone yourself? Not that I wish for anyone to lose their job, but if he was that unhappy with the promotion he got would he be really difficult to work with going forward?

I've always loved Do You Hear What I Hear, I like that it pulls together different people in the Christmas story. I hate when some recordings cut a verse out...it's not that long people!! My current Christmas music obsessions are the Pentatonix Christmas album and a new song by Hillsong, which I've been playing on repeat for a few days lol

I have accomplished nothing at work today. I had a team meeting and then there was Christmas silliness and a cookie exchange which has resulted in our entire kitchen table being full of cookies. Apparently no one brought containers to bring stuff home in, so it's all just sitting there, calling to me!

Last night my sister ordered her BM dress and she looks SOOOOO pretty! I actually clapped I was so excited. I'm going with my other 3 BMs on Saturday so hopefully by the end of the week all the dresses will be ordered and I can stop worrying about that.

Tonight FI and I are going to look at 3 houses. These are our top pics from the listings that our realtor sent us, based solely on the photos. We both feel a lot more hopeful about this set of listings so I'm really hoping we'll find our home soon!! Although I did get sort of annoyed at FI earlier today...apparently his dad made a comment about one of the houses, how we should just go buy it right away and a whole bunch of arguments towards that one particular house. I got really irritated, since the last time FFIL stuck his nose into our house hunt FI talked me out of a house that we both had really liked. So I sorted of snapped at FI, that I didn't see why his dad gets to have an opinion about houses we haven't even seen yet and that I would appreciate if we could look at houses without his dad trying to sway us (read: FI) one way or another. I value his dad's input when it comes to renovations and stuff, that's his line of work, but buying the actual house is between FI and I, and I don't want his opinions setting FI's mind about something before we've even looked. FI and I ended up having a good conversation about it, it's just really annoying that I had to even say something like that...this is OUR house, not his house with his dad. I get that he respects his dad's advice, but his dad isn't a realtor, and doesn't get to decide what house is right for us.

ETA: Wow, sorry that was long! /end rant!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @AlPacina Thanks! He is, and he knows it too, which gets him into trouble sometimes haha! 

@GoldenPenguin no problem! It was long and I figured you might have gotten busy with other things :). I hope so too! And of course I will AW for all of you lovely ladies if it does happen while we are back. 

• it's been a stressful week at work (surprise, surprise).  our lead is leaving and we're scrambling trying to figure out how to replace her.  good news is, I got my appointment with the cancer center moved up to Jan. 16!!!  now I have to steel myself for a fine needle biopsy and whatever else they throw at me.  H is going with me, so surely he'll hold my hand, haha!
  • thanks, @TwoDimes.  every week makes a difference!  it's uncomfortable since it's putting pressure on my esophagus and trachea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards