Chit Chat

Things that annoy you??

I work at a dealership and it drives me crazy when people come in and miss pronounce a vehicle. EX: Arcadia Acadium, Anclave when its an ACADIA or A ENCLAVE.
i have a lot of people call in and ask can I look at the Denali? Well what Denali? We have 4 different vehicles that come with that trim level. And they always answer with well a denali. I end up putting them on hold and giving it to sales and let them deal with the stupidity. 

so what are some things that you crazy?

Re: Things that annoy you??

• Things currently annoying me:

People that can't sit still during meetings and spin back and forth in the conference chairs. Don't know why but it drives me nuts.

Nail clipping. Always. And my lazy coworker next me is constantly clipping her nails.

My hangover that I somehow have even though I only had two glasses of champagne last night.

I'm a little ragey today so I'm sure I'll just be annoyed at everyone and everything today.

• My coworker telling me to do things when she's not the boss of me. Grrr.

I worked at a car dealership for 2 years during college. Dear God. I know your struggle.

Anniversary

• People that call here and ask asinine questions. Mostly my assistant fields these calls, but sometimes they make their way to me. 

"Do you bake your cheesecakes in an oven?" Seriously. Someone asked that last week. 
    "Can you tell me exactly how your mousse cake is assembled?" Oh sure! Hey, I'll give you the recipe too! It's not like we spent any time perfecting it over the years. 
  • @cupcait927 first thing this morning people were irritating me. lady came to me at the front desk expecting me to be able to check her in for service, when there is a big sign above the service doors that says service. 

i could on and on about the things that annoy me at work. (or driving to and from work) 
  • When someone pulls out in front of you just to turn. ESPECIALLY when there are no cars behind you and the jackass could've waited 30 seconds for you to pass. But nooooooo they just HAD to turn in front of you and then turn. Grrrr.

This! OMG. I have a 45 minute commute both ways and it never fails - someone will pull out right in front of me when there's NO ONE behind me and then go under the speed limit. Rage.
  • When someone sends me an email and then immediately calls and asks if I've read it. No, I have shit to do, your email is not that urgent and I will get to it when I have time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• When someone pulls out in front of you just to turn. ESPECIALLY when there are no cars behind you and the jackass could've waited 30 seconds for you to pass. But nooooooo they just HAD to turn in front of you and then turn. Grrrr.
    never fails that someone on my commute waits until the last minute to jump over at the last minute. this is why my normal 20 minute commute takes 1 1/2 hours to get home. stupid people. 
  • That one co-worker who finds themselves to be more important than they are. We're all just peons here. There's nothing glamorous about this job. Stop trying to make yourself the CEO.

• People who yawn loud as shit every 5 fucking minutes.  I get it, your tired.  Now shut the hell up because you are annoying me and making me develop a twitch.

Nail clipping.  Anywhere and everywhere.

Trying to have a conversation with someone while the other person is constantly looking at/playing on their phone.  You are not that important.  Put your fucking phone down and concentrate on the IRL person across from you.

• People who yawn loud as shit every 5 fucking minutes.  I get it, your tired.  Now shut the hell up because you are annoying me and making me develop a twitch.

Nail clipping.  Anywhere and everywhere.

Trying to have a conversation with someone while the other person is constantly looking at/playing on their phone.  You are not that important.  Put your fucking phone down and concentrate on the IRL person across from you.
    Oh my gosh yes! I have an EX-friend who I was out to dinner with once. She actually held up her finger as I was in the middle of a sentence and said "hold on" while she texted someone. Excuse me?! Just one of the many reasons why we aren't friends anymore.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• blabla89 said:
    When someone sends me an email and then immediately calls and asks if I've read it. No, I have shit to do, your email is not that urgent and I will get to it when I have time.
    Yes! Why email me if you're just going to call me???
  • maeday2maeday2 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    There is a guy 2 offices down from me who takes all calls on speaker phone. He yells back and I can hear both parties speaking clearly. I could do his damn job at this point, I've heard so much.  

ETA - I leave my door open to always be available to my boss. I got fed up with this same guy this week when he was having a personal convo on speaker phone. I shut his door for him and he seemed super embarassed. 
  • Also, people that whistle. STFU. 
    i cant whistle so it drives me crazy when they do. FI makes fun of me bc of this. 
  • People with long fingernails that clack on the keyboard. Fucking cut that shit. Cut it now. 

And mouthbreathers. Wear a goddamn nose strip.

• pinkcow13 said:
    When people don't say "Thank You" after I hold open the door for them. 

THIS when driving. If I let someone in or wave them to go in front of me and they don't wave to say "thanks," I get pissy. 
  • People with long fingernails that clack on the keyboard. Fucking cut that shit. Cut it now. 

And mouthbreathers. Wear a goddamn nose strip.

That is when I know my nails have gotten to long.  If the nail hits the key first then it is time to give myself a manicure.

My H is turning into a mouthbreather to go along with his snoring.  I am surprised he is not black and blue from me kicking him in the middle of the night.

• I would also like to add that it annoys me how my clients always have emergencies or crazy requests on the days when I'm the only one in the office. So much for leaving on time today...ugh.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• blabla89 said:
    I would also like to add that it annoys me how my clients always have emergencies or crazy requests on the days when I'm the only one in the office. So much for leaving on time today...ugh.
    Or when everything is an emergency or important and needs your attention but it's really not. Hello boy who cried wolf. Didn't know you worked here too.

• blabla89 said:
    I would also like to add that it annoys me how my clients always have emergencies or crazy requests on the days when I'm the only one in the office. So much for leaving on time today...ugh.
    we have customer that comes in to get her car washed every week and we drive her to local community center. we have to have the service driver clear for her or she freaks out like she owns the place. if she cant call in or the phones are acting up she asks me if i know if they arent working, she has freaked out when i have not answered the phones because i have someone watching them so i can go to the restroom. come on lady i need a break from the phones and you crazy butt. i have never seen a whole dealership (sales office service advisors and techs) hate one customer so much. luckily its only once a week she comes and i have another 4 days until i have to deal with her.
  • Shitty drivers. 

I second the nail clipping.  People in our office do it ALL THE FREAKING TIME.  So gross.

When my boss calls me with questions that I in no way, shape or form would have the answers to normally.  Why not call the person who has the answers directly?  Why make me go ask them and then play telephone (with language barriers).  A lot gets lost in translation and then I end up looking stupid. 

My phone.  It's dying a slow and painful death, and half of the touch screen doesn't work.  But just for certain apps.  It makes zero sense. 

• people who are walking in front of you but texting. fucking mooooove guy
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Smokers. 

Now, I don't care that you smoke. I, personally, don't. However. Hearing 4-5x a day "Hey, we're not doing anything? I need a smoke." "Hey, are we going to keep working on this project for a bit? I need a smoke." And then you take the time to walk/elevator it 4 flights of stairs so you can go to the approved smoking place. Which the whole thing takes about 20mins. 

BUT

When I take a break just to walk around and clear my head or step out for a phone call "Rachel, you should really stay here. We need you." I'm sorry that I don't have some addiction to nicotine that I need to feed every hour to I can get a break, which is an acceptable break to you. Sometimes, I just need to step away from the table. Trust me, it's better for all involved.
    That is when you say "Oh I am going on my "smoke" break."  Make sure you do the air quotes and everything.

I also hate when smokers get upset because they are so busy.  Well if you didn't have to get up and leave your work/desk every 50 minutes for a 15 minute break maybe you could actually get some work done and then you wouldn't be so busy.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards