Chit Chat

UO

Re: UO

• Probably a UO (&since someone mentioned elf on the shelf): If we do have kids, I'm leaning towards not lying to them about Santa.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• I don't like Charles Dickens. I can only handle A a Christmas Carol when it is done by Muppets.
  • levioosa said:
    UO:  I don't like A Christmas Carol anymore.  SO burned me out on it.  Every Christmas Eve he wants to watch like five different versions.  I can't.  He has also ruined the Muppets for me.  

Also (Probably not an UO, but I'm still going to mention it), I HATE that Christmas song about the little boy buying his dying mom shoes.  Fuck that song.  My Mom is in remission now, but that song was the absolute worst when she had cancer.  Like, of course that's what I want to be listening to this season when it's already a reality.  If I ever meet Bob Carlisle I'm going to punch him in the face.  
    That is not an UO. That is the fucking truth. I don't know a single person who likes that song, and I'm pretty sure anyone who does is a fucking robot in disguise.

Anniversary

• FiancB said:
    Ha. H LOVES DMB. Honestly it concerned me a little on our first date as I didn't care for them but his enthusiasm made it grow on me. I still don't listen to it on my own really, but I've been to a couple concerts and our house is basically a shrine to DMB. He has a fire dancer tattoo... yeah. Also met a couple band members through strange circumstances and they are nice as hell. I still don't understand why he's been to over a dozen concerts and wants to go to more, but hey. I'm kind of surprised by the Abercrombie stereotype as that's not H or the people I've met at concerts at all. I can see it being so back in their  heyday though. 

Speaking of, I like 90s rock and I like Nirvana but feel it's pretty overrated and aside from a few songs really prefer a few other grunge bands. I also love Maynard James Keenan but out of his 3 bands, Tool is my least favorite. Puscifer is the least well known but kicks the most ass IMO. 

I have never had sushi. I want to try it but am intimidated. 
    Reason 1- badge of honor..."Dude, did you hear (insert date and location of show)?"  "I didn't just hear it--I was there!)

Reason 2-FUN!!!

Reason 3-Jam bands play a different show every night.  If you go see most radio bands on tour, they're just playing the same concert over and over again. Jam bands put on a unique show (usually also including lights) every single night.  That's why people follow them on tour.

So, yeah.  There's my UO #76549760879.  I like jam bands.  I've only seen DMB once  (their fans are a tad too frat-tastic for my taste), but I have seen Phish and Widespread Panic several times (but I'm put to shame by friends who've seen them hundreds of times, including my FI who has followed Phish on a west coast tour.)

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    lc07 said:
    More rando opinions. Why it's the bathroom edition I'm not sure:

-it's okay to pee in the shower

-toilet paper should roll off the front not the back

-IDGAF about the cap being on toothpaste as long as it's tucked away in the medicine cabinet away from poop spores.

People who don't pee in the shower are wasting water and are gross. Like people who pee, flush toilet and then get into the shower. Pee is like the cleanest thing that can come off you in the shower, unless you squat down and take a huge dump or something. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• l9i said:
    I am pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned.... freaking baby on board signs for the car.  Ughhh, why?  Like "Oh, I was going to ram into your car but since there is a baby I won't.  Thank goodness for that sign!".  I get irrationally ragey.
    YESSSSSSSSSS

• l9i said:
    I am pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned.... freaking baby on board signs for the car.  Ughhh, why?  Like "Oh, I was going to ram into your car but since there is a baby I won't.  Thank goodness for that sign!".  I get irrationally ragey.
    Omg. Yes yes yes. I don't get it either. My old assistant put one on her car like 5 minutes after she found out she was pregnant. 
  • l9i said:

I say this all the time and DH looks at me like I'm crazy. I'm glad some one feels the same way!

Anniversary
  • l9i said:

w I just recently learned that it is for the rescue teams in case of an accident. So they don't miss the baby or something. It makes sense to me and is no longer annoying.
    Anniversary
  • This would probably be more unpopular if ya'll were 15. I love to wear leggings around the house with a tshirt, but can not stand when grown women wear them as real pants in public. 

A guy I work with was lunching in our cafeteria with his wife a few weeks ago and she thought it'd be cool to wear leggings as pants. The material was so stretched on her not 15-year-old ass that I could see skin. Who thinks that looks good?! 
  • I hate hate hate stick people families on cars. FI and I bought ones that are two stick people, a cat and bags of money :)

• Probably a UO (&since someone mentioned elf on the shelf): If we do have kids, I'm leaning towards not lying to them about Santa.
    Yup.   "Let's lie to our kids about some magical dude that watches them all year round and comes in the night and gives them stuff if they're good".
    My mom never lied to me about Santa, and I enjoyed the fuck out of Christmas and still do.
  • l9i said:

I hate the Show Dog on Board signs too.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• I am pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned.... freaking baby on board signs for the car.  Ughhh, why?  Like "Oh, I was going to ram into your car but since there is a baby I won't.  Thank goodness for that sign!".  I get irrationally ragey.
    Me too!  I mean I love my pups, but that's just a bit much.
  • I don't know if this is an UO or just an Irrational Irritation. I can't stand when people with 1 or 2 kids get a mini van. I don't care how many kids I have I'll never drive a fucking mini van. Especially if you only have 2 kids- stop it.
    My BFF on the other hand- can't wait to have kids so she can get a mini van. So weird.
    I'm about 4 pages behind in this thread but had to bite on this one. I have a minivan (her name is Marge, if we're being formal) and I don't have any kids (...yet. Bean will obviously arrive mid-April). AND, she's got chrome handles. Hands down, the nicest car (van, sorry) I've ever owned.

Thanks, Grandpa, for leaving me the sweetest ride in all of the 'burbs when you died.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Yup.   "Let's lie to our kids about some magical dude that watches them all year round and comes in the night and gives them stuff if they're good".
    My mom never lied to me about Santa, and I enjoyed the fuck out of Christmas and still do.
    Meh, it's not that big a deal. Real life sucks enough as it is, might as well let your kids enjoy some magic if only for a little while. We believed in Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy etc. And it was awesome. I never felt lied to or traumatized when I learned the truth. Worst thing that ever happened was that my youngest sister got a $20 for a tooth once and the rest of us were WTF?! Dad said he grabbed the wrong bill in the dark!
    Truth.

• I am pretty sure this hasn't been mentioned.... freaking baby on board signs for the car.  Ughhh, why?  Like "Oh, I was going to ram into your car but since there is a baby I won't.  Thank goodness for that sign!".  I get irrationally ragey.
    I have never seen that sign before.

• edited December 2014
    Probably a UO (&since someone mentioned elf on the shelf): If we do have kids, I'm leaning towards not lying to them about Santa.
    See, my concern with this is that either: 
    A ) I would have that little asshole that went around telling his/her pre-k classmates that Santa wasn't real and it was just their parents pretending. (FI's personality makes me worry this)
    or
    B ) My kid would be so sad that Santa didn't come to his/her house, even though he went to all the other kids' houses, and think it was because of something s/he had done. (My personality makes me worry this.)

ETA: I had to remove that stupid smiley. Why did they start making emoticons out of smileys?

(Disclaimer: I understand that personality is not necessarily an inherited trait, per se - I understand that our children may not have any of our personality traits - but I also know that often, kids have their parents' personality traits in a mixture of some sort, whether by nature or by nurture or some combination of the two.)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers

I've never seen these!!  Agreed.... wayyyyyy overboard with that.
    Meh, it's not that big a deal. Real life sucks enough as it is, might as well let your kids enjoy some magic if only for a little while. We believed in Santa, the Easter Bunny, Tooth Fairy etc. And it was awesome. I never felt lied to or traumatized when I learned the truth. Worst thing that ever happened was that my youngest sister got a $20 for a tooth once and the rest of us were WTF?! Dad said he grabbed the wrong bill in the dark!
    A few years ago my youngest niece still believed, but was on the fence.  So she did a little test.  My sister was OOT  with her oldest daughter leaving E home with dad and brother.   She lost a tooth, didn't tell anyone and put it under her pillow.

Of course, tooth fairy didn't come.   BUSTED.

She wasn't traumatized at all.  The girl get an Iphone from Santa at age 9, I don't think she care who's name was attached to the gifts. 

Now her dad might have gotten a little shit for not realizing his daughter lost  tooth.  But that might have been more my sister was sad she didn't have any more believers.   She called me in tears when it happened. 

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 

All of this. I used to be one of those people who said they wouldn't "lie" to their kids about Santa but then my sister had kids and seeing how excited my nephews get looking for the Santa presents and I changed my mind. I mean it is harmless and why would I deny my kids that kind of excitement.
  • UO (?) Brad Pitt looks gross and creepy with long hair. No, Brad. Just no. 

What about Legends of the Fall Brad Pitt?  Can you make an exception for that?  I feel he looks pretty good in that movie.
    Interview with the Vampire Brad, while angsty and appropriate for the time, no.

Meet Joe Black Brad, meow.

What about Legends of the Fall Brad Pitt?  Can you make an exception for that?  I feel he looks pretty good in that movie.
    It's been too long since I've watched that movie to get a good visual in my head so yes. Exception. 
  • UO - I enjoy long hair on guys. Like, metalhead hair. Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm love it. I dated a guy when I was like 17 only because he had long hair and a Pantera tattoo. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards