Nevada-Las Vegas

Vegas wedding timeline and venue help!

Hi needing some advice or ideas please. We are a young couple from scotland getting married in vegas we have about 30guests coming with us. I looked at every chapel and couldn't decide but I have eventually picked the flamingo garden chapel, we are getting married at 16:30 I have a photographer booked for 3 hours. I'm going todo a 1.5hr strip photo shoot after the ceremony what can I plan for my guests thats not to pricey? I am also looking for a reception venue which resturanys do yous recommend with private spaces or rooms and what todo after the meal? I Would like to spend no more than 3000 dollars for the meal. we love to have a drink and dance where could we go after the meal? Our wedding is a Wednesday. I was thinking about an insuite reception but we are staying in vegas for 6 nights at Monte Carlo so would have to book a different suite and would be difficult to organise alcohol etc into the room.

Re: Vegas wedding timeline and venue help!

• The two most popular options would be Double Decker Bus ride on the strip followed by dinner at Maggiano's:

http://www.vegasgroom.com/Double-Decker-Bus_72.html
    http://www.vegasgroom.com/Maggianos_41.html

There are of course numerous other options, but you'll have to shop around for dinner + drinks for 30 if liquor is to be included; Maggiano's is known for being a very good value.  While shopping, remember that you're actually looking for a venue that will work for 32 people (including the two of you) at a $2350 USD ($70/per person for 32) budget.  Las Vegas has an 8.1% sales tax and the venue is going to charge a 20% 'service charge', which is the gratuity paid to the service staff, so $2350 turns into about $3000 out of pocket after those added fees.

Did you have any preference on food?  There may be other good places to look at.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Take a look at Carmine's, Trevi and Wicked Spoon. 

Are you trying to do the photo strip tour by yourselves or with your guests? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • amiexxamiexx member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2014
    Thanks for your help. The 30 guests is including us. I was thinking about hiring the double decker bus and taking my guests with me in the photo shoot do you think this would be okay? I don't have a preference In food We like everything except seafood really. Wicked spoon looks really nice
  • I would say do the double decker bus (or the Tiajuana Trolley) and take your guests. You don't want them hanging around for 1.5 hours waiting for you. You may lose some of them to the excitement of Vegas. I think the strip tour is awesome especially if many of your guests haven't been to Vegas :) 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards