Budget Weddings Forum
Options

Paper Flowers?

My fiance & I are getting married on 11.21.2015 (11 months!!!!), and we've been thinking about making some paper flowers for our wedding.
Mainly just bouquets & boutonnieres, and maybe a few to put on the tables at the reception. Our venue is gorgeous in itself, so we aren't planning on doing a lot of decorating. I figured with 11 months til, we would have plenty of time to make them, seeing as I've had a few *crafty* friends offer to help :)

Has anyone tried this yet, and if so, how much money did you save?

:)
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Paper Flowers?

• Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Options
    I love love love sheet music flowers.

Sheet Music Rose Bridal Bouquet Tiffany Blue and Dusty Concord

This is something very similar to what we are doing. There are tons of tutorials on pinterest that can help you. I am printing the sheet music at home, some sites may charge if you are looking for a particular song. We are doing each boutonniere and bouquet a different song, each one specific to that person. And colors are easily added with spray paint (lightly) or an airbrushing kit (which I have already)

I anticipate saving several hundred. My mom spend 2k on her flowers.
  • Options
    I made all of my flowers out of coffee filters that I dyed. We had 3 bouquets, 4 corsages, 8 bouts, and 10 centerpieces. I think they cost around 25 bucks with all the supplies, and they looked nice. Plus, they were super light so transporting them to the caterer (they set up all our centerpieces) was super easy.

~*~*~*~*~

• Options
    Those flowers are so pretty ladies!  I think paper flowers are a great idea.  Oh my goodness @ambiguousbride, those musical flowers are gorgeous!
  • Options
    I made topiaries out of kusudama flowers. I was going to use them for pomanders or bouquets as well but ended up going with fresh flowers instead.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    If you go to affloral.com there are many inspiration ideas to diy.  save on crafts is also a great website for ideas. what I did for my sister was a floating flower centerpiece.  i filled it with acrylic crystals, water beads, a submersible light and a long stem of "stock" flower from affloral.  You can cut to shorten the flower to fit your vase, but try to get one at least 12" in height for a dramatic, simple and inexepensive creation.  candle votives will add nice lighting - 3 to each table for a fantastic look.
  • Options
    These are some great ideas!
  • Options
    I like paper flowers SO much more than silk.  They're meant to be unique, not identical to real flowers.  That's what makes them work.  Silk flowers are meant to be identical and miss the mark.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards