Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh

Affordable Pittsburgh, PA Reception Venues

HIIII!!

I'm getting married next Oct 2015. I have been finding some venues, so high, some low. Some not what I want at all. Any suggestions? I am definitely a champagne taste and beer money type!! (hehe) Can anyone suggest a hall that is nice but not expensive? I'm open to suggestions, just needing more? Possibly under 8k?

Re: Affordable Pittsburgh, PA Reception Venues

• Hi, and congratulations!

This is an international board so I'm not sure if you'll find an answer here. Have you tried your local board?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Moved to local board to assist OP in obtaining advice.

• How big is your guest list? $8 can go far if you're doing a smaller guest list :) 
  • HI,

We are having our wedding at the Teutonia Mannerchor on the North Side of Pgh.  It's an old german beer hall but has that cool feel to it.  They are super reasonable as far as price goes.  We are meeting with the guy tonight to go over our menu.  The venue fee is $400 or less.  
  • i am also looking for an inexpensive venue...i too have champagne taste and a beer pocket book!  i was hoping to find an industrial vibe venue but nothing is available as quick as we were hoping (May 2015).  i have tried to find an old warehouse to decorate but i am not having any luck with that either.
  • Check out the Teamsters Hall Local 249 in Lawrenceville it's absolutely amazing and very reasonable! You are able to bring your own caterer and supply your own bar....which can save you $$! They supply tables, chairs, portable bars and access to their kitchen. Aside from being in an awesome neighborhood they have been amazing to work with!!
  • Check out Pittsburgh Opera House! Requires a lot of DIY but can definitely be done on a budget!
  • I am renting the entire second floor of Six Penn Kitchen downtown for under 7k including taxes and gratuity. We are having 70 people. There is no room fee. I did put a 2k max on our bar though.
  • I am having mine at the Comfort Inn in Penn Hills. The cake, food, linens, bar, champagne toast and set up is included in the price. It is VERY reasonable. If it's not too late check it out!
  • Hi all! My daughter is getting married in October of 2016 and has a very meeger budget. We are trying to find an inexpensive reception hall, and tips on making favors and centerpieces, as we need to cut costs any where we can.

Thank you all very much.

Valerie
  • Hi all! My daughter is getting married in October of 2016 and has a very meeger budget. We are trying to find an inexpensive reception hall, and tips on making favors and centerpieces, as we need to cut costs any where we can.

Thank you all very much.

Valerie
    I am having an October 2015 wedding in Pittsburgh. I'm making my own centerpieces for the reception. I'm having a large wedding (inviting 300 guests), but I've managed to find a lot of places on a budget. It takes some creativity and driving around to look at places. A lot of places I found were priced very reasonably, but the capacity was too small (under 200 people for alot of places). How large of a wedding are you planning?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards