Not Engaged Yet

Merry Christmas (Eve) (Day)

2»

Re: Merry Christmas (Eve) (Day)

• minskat30 said:

I'm at work and trying to get some things done.  I'm exhausted...got work emails at 4 am, the dog started barking at 5:30 am and I gave up trying to get back to sleep.  I'm hoping to bang out this work while the office is quiet and head out early.  H is grumpy since the dog woke him up too and I'm grumpy because even though H doesn't have to work today he still let me be the one to get up this morning to deal with our barking maniac.

I'm going to try to get into a better mood by this afternoon.  Maybe some Christmas music would help?  Any favorites, ladies?

I can't believe I am admitting this "out loud", but one of my favorite Christmas albums is by those MMMMBop boys, The Hansons. They have a Silent Night/O Holy Night Medley that is beautiful. It is absolutely one of my favorite songs. The CD is called Snowed In. ......Don't judge......
  • I am at work until at least 4 ish. I'm so fucking bored. I can't try and collect money because all my customers are on vacation!!! I keep playing farm heroes saga on my phone.... It's really sad lol
  • @MobKaz - Hanson!!!  No judgment here for upbeat songs.  Gosh, whatever happened to them?

@Blue&White - I'm ashamed to admit that I have worn out VHS tapes before...mostly Dirty Dancing...and maybe more than once.  :)

@TwoDimes - I LOVE Nat King Cole.

@Swazzle - Everything around here is closed.  :(  I'm settling for popcorn for now but will be eating lots tonight.  :)

-------------------------------------------------

Merry Christmas, ladies!  May you get everything you are wishing for this year and in the year to come.

• @peaseblossom55 - congrats on the new niece, auntie!!!!!!!!!!!
  • @Peaseblossom55 - CONGRATS!!!! 

I'm still at work. RAWR. 

• Thanks.  I'm still at work too.  I get to leave around 1 and it can't come soon enough.

Anniversary

• @Peaseblossom55‌ congrats on being an aunt! What a great Christmas present for your family! @KeptInStitches‌ oh no!!! That is the absolute worst thing to happen on Christmas! I hope you feel better soon!---- I'm still recovering from the sinus surgery Friday. I think all the nasty oozing will finally stop today, which is great. I weaned myself off the narcotic pain pills yesterday too, but I'm still struggling with not being able to do much of anything without getting woozy, and my body is over sleeping sitting up. I've watched tons of movies, episodes of Buffy (thanks @futuremrshistorian‌ for the recommendation!) and Downton Abbey when FI is home. We did our Christmas exchange last night, and tonight we're going to his parents' house for dinner and gifts with his immediate family. Tomorrow we'll drive down to my parents' apartment for our Christmas exchange, and then we'll all go to my aunt's house for food and gifts. My parents got us a hotel in the area that night, and then the 26th we leave for Houston for the weekend to see my step-dad's family. I think we have hotel rooms there too, so at least my weird sleeping habits won't bother anyone. On Monday I get my stints out, and then I will be back to normal! Woohoo!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Thanks for the suggestions! I talked to my sister-in-law, and it turns out that our mother-in-law decided to make lasagna, and my sister-in-law decided to bring a salad, so veggie side dish is unneeded. I'll figure something else that's easy to contribute, and I'll bring a banana bread loaf for Christmas breakfast.

J bought me a GORGEOUS glass menorah for Chanukah this year (absolutely stunningly beautiful), and I washed it today and it took like an HOUR to clean.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • Someone keep me company...... I took my lunch already and I'm so so so frigging bored. Today is dragging and no one fun is stuck in the office with me
  • So we ran to H's house but he decided not to go in because his brother and his brother's GF were there and he didn't want to deal with them.  After that we ran to Dressbarn, H went into Bed Bath & Beyond while I shopped - I found 4 cute tops, couldn't decide so I got 'em all (I need new tops for work, so it's all good).  Ran into Bath and Body works because my little hand sanitizer thingy broke.  Then we went to the Bank and the grocery store.

Got home, finished up some laundry and started some more (that won't be finished in time).  Wrapped all the gifts that needed wrapped, cut the choc-pb-marsh-squares from before and packaged them.  Got all the things that we're taking to SILs ready.  Now I have to make the perogies and get changed and make myself presentable and we're golden!!

@LabLove86 - hope you get all your baking done!!  Mmmm Mac N Cheese!!

@minskat30 - My favorite Christmas songs are:  'Snoopy's Christmas (Snoopy vs Red Baron)' by Royal Guardsmen and 'Little Drummer Boy' - if you need a giggle there's always 'I farted on Santa's Lap (and now Christmas is gonna stink for me)'

@KeptInStitches - Sounds like you'll need a Christmas re-do, hope you feel better!!

@Phira - Yay for no veggie dish needed!!

@TwoDimes - You better have a TON of pictures for us - it's a requirement ya know!

@IrishDreamer - I gotta get back to cooking - it's perogie making time; hope you find somebody to keep you entertained :(

Anniversary
  • I'm at work too. Still recovering from being sick. Our boss has ordered us pizza for lunch so I'm sitting here awaiting it. It is 7 minutes late! Luckily I'm out of here at 2 today, I still have a couple of things to pick up for dinner tomorrow and need to vacuum our place before the guests arrive. I'm hosting dinner for one of my BILs and his gf (who was my MOH). Other BIL that lives in the same house is going to his gf's parents house tomorrow I guess.

I'm being a grump about those two because every Christmas they show up and get gifts from the rest of us and never have anything to give in return. I'm all about giving, but it rubs us all the wrong way when they never ever reciprocate.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @Swazzle‌, it doesn't help much now, but I was at work too when you wrote this! Lol, it was a cluster today and I'm so glad it's over. Glad you at least got to enjoy a movie and chill a bit!

@Peaseblossom55‌ AHHHHHH a baby niece!! That is a fun way to celebrate the holidays for sure. :)

@KeptInStitches‌, I hope you feel better ASAP so you can enjoy some Christmas goodies!

I'm working Christmas Eve AND Christmas Day this year, so ew. Today was awful; some of the patients were having a hard day (understandably), and it was just tough for everyone. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better since there will be gifts and good food for the patients. My co-workers are doing a potluck, so I need to make something for that tonight. I get off at 3:30 tomorrow, so my family is doing Christmas in the evening. We all went crazy this year with buying each other gifts, so I think we're gonna have a great time. :)

I work on Friday AGAIN, which sucks. BUT I just found out a friend of mine from wayyyyy back (like elementary school) will be in town this weekend, so I'm super excited to see him! It's been like a year! So that will happen sometime over the weekend.

I'm off Saturday and Sunday. I like to think I'll do something awesome. Most likely that something will be sleep. I'm not ashamed.

MERRY CHRISTMAS, LADIES OF NEY!!!!!
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited December 2014
    @Peaseblossom55‌ Congrats on being an auntie!! I hope your sister and niece are both doing well! @CocoBellaF‌ I have been exhausted all week! Just too much going on this time of year; I, looking forward to sleeping in on Friday. @Dignity100‌ It took me ages to pack for the next couple days, I feel like I have nothing to wear and everything that I WANT to wear is dirty because I haven't been home enough to do laundry! @KeptInStitches‌ Nooo! I'm so sorry that you're sick at Christmas, that's the worst! @TwoDimes‌ I LOVE It's a Wonderful Life!! That and Muppet Christmas Carol are my favorites lol @Swazzle Your work is sucky for making your stay. Losers! @eilis1228 Glad to hear you're feeling better!! @CLoGreenEyes Boooooo for so much working over the holiday Edited because TK are the rest of my post! Yesterday was my last day at work for the year and it was crazy. I had so much to get done and I didn't stop going at full steam from 8:30 til 5...and I was supposed to leave at 4:30 lol We went to see a Jersey Boys with my family last night and I really liked it. I was skeptical but it was a great show! Today was my first day of vacation and I gad a bunch of stuff to do. I slept in longer than I should have, and then ran a couple errands, got a few last minute gifts, did laundry, finished wrapping, and got my stuff pulled together for the next few days. I'm at FI's parents' place right now. We did presents this afternoon and had an early dinner, and now we're just killing time until church. Please excuse any typos or weird formatting, I'm knotting from mobile on my BRAND NEW IPAD that FI got me for Christmas!!! I hope all you NEY ladies has a fantastic Christmas! ❤️ EDITTED AGAIN because f u TK! I had paragraphs!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @lmcooper86‌ The Muppet Christmas Carol is a holiday necessity! I watched it last night and sang all the songs. I am aware that makes me probably 6 years old mentally, lol.
  • Yay! I am starting to feel much better (less than 24 hours) and my parents sent us a bunch of food and my FI's Christmas present! I'd sent it to their place being all sneaky ... yeah, that worked well when I got sick. But he's so excited and he has wonderful food (maybe me too if I can stomach it). Merry Christmas!
  • I am SUPER late to this party, but...whatever.

@Ellis1228 - I'm glad you like Buffy!  I've been watching episodes like mad too...just started season 7, and I already know I'm going to be super sad when it's over.  It just gets better.

@Peaseblossom55 - Congratulations!!!  That's so exciting!

@KeptInStitches - I hope you're continuing to feel better!

We're not doing our family Christmas celebration until Sunday (when we have church, the annual family Christmas Party, and our gift exchange all in the same day), so honestly I'm having a hard time getting in the holiday spirit.  My parents' house isn't even decorated yet!  I ran errands this morning and then went and got my nails done because I was feeling kind of down and figured gold sparkly nails would make me feel better (they did, sort of).  Then I went over to my parents' and got started on the baking for the party on Sunday...I lost count of how many gingerbread cookies I made, but it was a lot.  Then we had church, and my parents came over for dinner, and then I did laundry and wrapped a couple of presents.  I'm sort of the "family Christmas present wrapper"...everybody who wants something wrapped brings it to me, and I put on Netflix and pour a glass of wine and have a good time with it.

Right now, it's 11:40, and I'm about to head to bed.  I don't remember the last time I went to bed on Christmas Eve without going to midnight Mass first, but I just couldn't handle going to my first Catholic midnight Mass on Christmas Eve without Mr. H here.  Luckily, my mom agreed to go with me tomorrow, so we're going to Mass in the morning and then baking some more and decorating the house (and drinking wine and watching my Thunder beat up on the Spurs...[wishful thinking, I'm sure...my poor team is struggling]).  Friday all the family starts coming in and maybe I'll actually feel like it's Christmas!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards