Wedding Invitations & Paper

RSVP wording

My fiance is a tech coordinator at a local school district.  In order to personalize our wedding (and specifically rsvp cards here) we are going to have most of our RSVPs done online with a Google form using a QR code or web address.  We will be sending typical RSVP cards to those without computers or those who are older.  I know this does not follow wedding etiquette, and we are ok with that.  We are throwing around ideas on how to word our RSVP cards that have the QR code/web address.  We are thinking of something along the lines of "In honor of "fiance's" tech background, please RSVP using the QR code."  

Any thoughts or suggestions on how to word it best?

Re: RSVP wording

• My question is how will you determine what age is "older" and who has a computer or who is or is not tech savvy? 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Along the lines of Addie, I have a smart phone, but I have no idea how to scan a QR code with it.  I've had it for over a year too.

• KellyS01 said:
    My fiance is a tech coordinator at a local school district.  In order to personalize our wedding (and specifically rsvp cards here) we are going to have most of our RSVPs done online with a Google form using a QR code or web address.  We will be sending typical RSVP cards to those without computers or those who are older.  I know this does not follow wedding etiquette, and we are ok with that.  We are throwing around ideas on how to word our RSVP cards that have the QR code/web address.  We are thinking of something along the lines of "In honor of "fiance's" tech background, please RSVP using the QR code."  

If the QR code will fit, put that on the RSVP card along with the traditional one. I see those things and I instantly scan it. I'm curious like that. I would put on the cards:

"Please RSVP by xx/xx/xx by mail or please use the QR code to RSVP" People that know what the code is will know how to use it.

• KellyS01 said:

If the QR code will fit, put that on the RSVP card along with the traditional one. I see those things and I instantly scan it. I'm curious like that. I would put on the cards:

"Please RSVP by xx/xx/xx by mail or please use the QR code to RSVP" People that know what the code is will know how to use it.

I also agree that even those you would deem "young" or tech savvy should also have the option to RSVP with a card. I'm young and am fascinated by new technology but I absolutely refuse to scan QR codes. I would really prefer to not download an QR scanning app just to RSVP to a wedding, only to immediately delete it off my phone.

I think it's cute to work in little details that reflect your interests/personalities, but the cuteness will be lost on your guests if they're inconvenienced by what you're doing.

----

fka dallasbetch 

Lilypie Maternity tickers

• Thanks for the feedback!  We will be including a QR code, along with a short web address.  That will eliminate the issue of downloading an app just to RSVP.  I totally understand that!  Our wedding will be mostly family, so we pretty much know who will/will not be able/willing to RSVP online.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards