Budget Weddings Forum

Inviting coworkers with a small guest limit

Hello All!

I would love to have some friends from work at my wedding or reception. How should I do limited invites so as not to hurt feelings. Also should I invite managers out of courtesy?

Re: Inviting coworkers with a small guest limit

• AddieCakeAddieCake member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2014
    How big is your work environment? And what do you mean invite them to the wedding OR reception?
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I am expecting some guests to attend either the wedding or the reception. Many will attend both, but I don't want them to feel like they HAVE to attend the ceremony.

My work environment is a mom and pop shop that got rather large but its a close environment. 
  • If you're not inviting everybody, make your work invite list VERY limited (as in, just a few people you are close to) and don't hand out invitations at work or talk about it at work. No need to invite managers.

But if you want to invite the majority of the office, it's better to just invite everybody to avoid awkwardness or hurt feelings.
  • I am expecting some guests to attend either the wedding or the reception. Many will attend both, but I don't want them to feel like they HAVE to attend the ceremony.

My work environment is a mom and pop shop that got rather large but its a close environment. 

Just to clarify on my end, you are inviting people to both parts? Both the ceremony and reception? If so, why wouldn't they come to both? Is there a large gap between the two?

If you don't want them to feel like they have to attend the ceremony then I wouldn't invite them at all, because the reception is the couple's thank-you to the guests for attending the ceremony.

Just to clarify on my end, you are inviting people to both parts? Both the ceremony and reception? If so, why wouldn't they come to both? Is there a large gap between the two?
    I am inviting all guests to both parts. I just know that some of my guests would prefer to come to just the reception and some will avoid the reception. Its just their personalities. One friend really dislikes churches and I have one friend that is super shy and will come to the ceremony but not the reception. 

My guest list is super eclectic. I love everyone on my guest list, but it can be difficult to take all the major needs into account (ie. NO pork, no nuts, no eggs by themselves (allergies), no meat, yadda yadda, and so on). I am doing my best to be accommodating especially with anaphalactic allergies to nuts and plain eggs.  
  • mlg78mlg78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2014

I didn't have a gap and our ceremony and reception were just one mile apart and I was quite surprised at just how many people only attended the reception...which I found to be rather rude, personally...

I work in an agency of 16 employees...I invited only the women.  That's what another coworker did and it seemed like an easy thing to also do and also eliminated 8 people (4 coworkers + guests) and the girls in the office were far more excited about my wedding anyway.  A former coworker had been far more selective and only invited two coworkers when she got married and I know there were hurt feelings.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards