Nevada-Las Vegas

Newbie. Just set our wedding date for 6/27/15. Need ideas for a budget wedding.

Hi everyone. I've been trolling since my engagement in August...we finally set our date last weekend. We definitely want to get married in Vegas. The problem is I have information overload and a budget. We are moving in two months which is costly. We don't want to go broke getting married but we still want to have fun and enjoy our smallish group that has verbally said they want to come.

I think we are looking at about 20-30 people. My mom is in a wheelchair so I'm trying to keep at least the ceremony and reception all in one spot or at least close by. I've been knocking around the idea of an in suite ceremony and reception or just reception. I'm really bad at making decisions and with all the options that are available to me I'm starting to feel overwhelmed already and that is frustrating my fiance. He doesn't want me stressed at all planning this wedding. We initially were going to elope.

The one thing that is a must is DANCING. We go out dancing every Friday and Saturday and we love music so this has to happen. I don't mind skimping on the ceremony if we can have a really nice and festive reception. Or even a cocktail hour and snacks and then maybe we can go to a club with no cover.

I'm really all over the place right now with a slight headache. I would appreciate any and all help.

Thanks!!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Newbie. Just set our wedding date for 6/27/15. Need ideas for a budget wedding.

• Do you mind sharing your budget? That might help a little with some ideas. If you are looking for a cheap/easy ceremony check out SilverSky Chapel at The Linq. The downside is that there isn't really a restaurant there for a reception but Trevi and Carmine's are right across the street. Carmine's is very budget friendly, great food, awesome view from a balcony and you could fit a DJ in there. Also, check out Platinum. They have awesome all-inclusive packages so you don't really have to worry about all the separate vendors. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm doing a budget thing for 20 guests, but I'm way not into dancing so I'm not sure if I'd be super helpful. Still...the off-Strip chapels are way, way cheaper than hotel chapels and most include free limo transportation from the Strip, so that might be worth looking into. Lots of them have pretty garden areas so they don't look cheesy or anything, and the price is substantially lower than even the lower-end Strip properties.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • thegreens15thegreens15 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
  • hmgiffor said:
    Do you mind sharing your budget? That might help a little with some ideas. If you are looking for a cheap/easy ceremony check out SilverSky Chapel at The Linq. The downside is that there isn't really a restaurant there for a reception but Trevi and Carmine's are right across the street. Carmine's is very budget friendly, great food, awesome view from a balcony and you could fit a DJ in there. Also, check out Platinum. They have awesome all-inclusive packages so you don't really have to worry about all the separate vendors. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think our budget is around $3000. We have a photographer already.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • For food for your budget, I think your best option would be an in-suite reception with heavy apps.  I would recommend Masterpiece for that.  They are very reasonably priced.  We are purchasing our own alcohol and drinks, so that's saving us some money. 
  • I like the idea of in suite receptions. I know I can buy liquor between now and then and just stock it. My BFF is driving so I know she would bring what I need. I really liked the Mandalay Vista but I think it's booked on my wedding day
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Did you try the media suite? sky view terrace at mgm?
  • ericandmarieericandmarie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2014
    Also try the Cosmo Wrap Around Terrace Suite, Planet Hollywood Panorama or Boulevard Suite, or Aria Hospitality Suite.

And Firefly for catering!
  • The media suite is booked that day. But I'm searching for others.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Awesome! Thank you and congratulations!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Date twins!! Congratulations and best of luck with your planning!!!!
  • @hmgiffor‌ have you been to either Carmines or Trevi?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Date triplets!! @trm358 @thegreens15

We are getting married at SilverSky Chapel ( on June 27) and when I went to view it during our scouting trip I was really pleased. It's inexpensive and doesn't have a lot of extras, but had all the things I really wanted. You may have to pay an outside photographer fee, though. Happy planning!
  • @Aakalish18‌ Congrats!!! I think we are going with Sky Chapel. I'm so jealous that you got to see it. Is there anything I should know before I book?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @thegreens15 the only thing I can foresee being a issue would be time. They were filling up time slots when we booked several months ago. Other than that, looks just like the pictures, staff is nice, and has several lighting options. We weren't too impressed with the song list, but decided to go traditional. They had some unusual options that I can't imagine anyone ever using for the actual ceremony. Maybe we will run into each other that day!
  • SilverSky was great. My only "complaint" was that the walk to the chapel is in a older part of the hotel. You do have to pay an outside vendor fee for photography but it's only $150 which isn't bad compared to other places. When I booked there (I have now changed) they offered some free upgrades so make sure you ask if they are offering anything when you book (they were going to waive my vendor fee). 

I have been and ate at Carmine's. If you search some of my previous posts, I wrote some reviews. It's a great space and we were all set to book there (I LOVED the balcony) but our wedding grew and I felt the space would be too small. It's nothing fancy but it's private, could fit a DJ and has a great balcony for guests. The services and responsiveness was also great!

I only communicated with Trevi but I know there are some reviews on here if you do a search for them. All positive. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just to throw my two cents in- Trevi looks incredible. When we scouted this summer, they were so accommodating in scheduling a meeting and showing us the space. The reception is upstairs, up a curved staircase with a giant red chandelier/ candle sculpture. Receptions can be either private (the whole circular rotunda) or semi private (half of the space). It's really an open space to do whatever! You can bring a DJ, rearrange the tables however you want, etc. The food and beverage per person were reasonable. Cons for me- the whole space is red– red lighting, red tones upstairs. The coordinator said it does photograph exceptionally well with the hue but red just isn't my color. Also, it's in the mall. One fascade overlooks the statue fountains which looked a little gimmicky to me. There's no mall noise beyond the fountains but I think with people in the space you wouldn't be able to hear it anyway. There is a REALLY close valet space so that guests don't have to walk through the mall or Caesars to get the space. Overall, I was really impressed but it just wasn't the style I wanted.
  • I was also assured all the old looking hallways to get to the chapel would be completely renovated by April. But I agree, the walk up to the chapel looks dated. I'm hoping they fix it!
  • sdcouple12sdcouple12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    First congrats!!!!  I've done the same with trolling for a year now. I got engaged 1 yr ago tomorrow... hehe but we just booked the Stardust Room at The Orleans Hotel. We are doing an insuite ceremony and reception here. Not a lot of decoration is needed and the room is plenty big. They provide tables, as well as the dance floor. 

The cost for the stardust room is what roped us in and made us decide it was the best for our money. It's roughly 4500.00 after tax, however that's the room for the day, a night in the presidential suite, and food. The $$ is actually a food and beverage min. and they don't charge to rent the room. The menues they provided me with have a TON of options too. 

I have a whole packet that they sent that has all the pricing for food/drinks/audio and can answer any questions if you have any. I'm super excited to have mine here as I've had TONS of people reccomend this suite on here. 

Darci 
  • @sdcouple12‌.... congratulations!!!!! Excuse my ignorance. Is a food and beverage minimum the amount we all have to consume? What do I pay? Do I pay anything ahead of time?. I'm all about making payments right now. Lol. And I would love to see the information you have.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @sdcouple12‌.... congratulations!!!!! Excuse my ignorance. Is a food and beverage minimum the amount we all have to consume? What do I pay? Do I pay anything ahead of time?. I'm all about making payments right now. Lol. And I would love to see the information you have.
    Yup. What that means is, let's say you have 30 guests and you guys eat/drink $2500 worth of food and alcohol. You then have to pay another $2000 since the minimum is $4500. So, it's best to ask for the menu prices and figure out how many guests you can invite to hit the minimum but stay within your budget as well.

$4500 is a good deal, considering that includes the Stardust Room, the Presidential Suite, food, and beverages.

Let's say food + alcohol + tax comes to $100/pp. You can invite 43 people (remember to include you and your FI in the count) and hit the minimum. If it's $75/pp, you can invite 58 people.

If you get declines and feel like you won't hit your minimum, you can talk to the caterer and ask about upgrading the appetizers/entrees or changing the bar package from well liquor to premium.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards