DIY Wedding Forum

Movie Themed Wedding

My fiance and I love watching movies, so we decided to have a reception with a movie theme. Every table will be given a specific movie instead of a number. The guests will have popcorn to snack on while we get our pictures done. My bridal party will walk into the hall to different movie theme songs. The only thing that stumps us is the menu. 

We want a traditional menu, but we want to name each food by connecting it to a movie. EX: yellow brick road mac & cheese (The Wizard of Oz). 
The rest of the menu consists of chicken, backed ziti (for our vegitarian guests), corn, green beans, mashed potatoes, bread, punch, soda, water.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. It could be a movie title or an aspect from a movie.

Re: Movie Themed Wedding

• I think what you have planned is enough already. I'd just leave the food. 

Also, if you have a guest that is vegan, they won't be able to eat baked ziti. 
  • I agree with PP that what you have planned already sounds good, but if you did want to go further, some suggestions would be:
    "The Green Mile" Green Beans
    "Punch-Drunk Love" Fruit Punch
    "Our Daily Bread" Bread
    "Children of the Corn" Corn (ha, maybe not),  "The Corn is Green" Corn,  "Yellow Submarine" Corn,  "She Wore a Yellow Ribbon" Corn
    High Quality H2O  (for water, from "The Waterboy")

There is still the chicken and ziti though, hmm.  Maybe  you could use the line "Please sir, can I have some more?" from Oliver (though he was talking about gruel).
  • OP, just FYI if you are going to post this to multiple boards then please put "XP" in the subject line.

• Not sure how appropriate this would be but "Half Baked" Ziti.

I also thought of the "Green Mile Beans" and "Chicken Little" or Baked "Chicken Run"
  • Not sure how appropriate this would be but "Half Baked" Ziti.

I also thought of the "Green Mile Beans" and "Chicken Little" or Baked "Chicken Run"
    Half Baked Ziti made me LOL.
  • Why do you think you will get different answers on this board?
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • I think all the suggestions are good - you needn't go overboard on this - your movie theme is great the way it is.  You may also want a special drink after a movie like "Champagne in the moonlight" (for Moonstruck) orThe Big Lebowski: White Russian or Bridget Jones's Diary: Chardonnay
  • Fried Green Tomatoes- tomato slices with mozzarella and basil
    Grapes of Wrath - frozen grapes as an appetizer
    American Pie - apple pie
    A Clockwork orange- some kind of orange dessert
  • Just throwin this out there, I think my sister prom had something very similar (and by very I mean exactly).

OP, while I love the idea, just remember to not take it too far with the theme. I personally think names for the food is overkill. Maybe just keep it to signature drinks?

imageimage

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards