New Jersey

wedding venue ideas

my fiancé and I recently got engaged, we are in the beginning stages of wedding planning. We have set a date we would like (Oct 17, 2015).  We live in Sussex County, NJ but my family is from CT. I want to do a wedding in or around Jersey (maybe NY state) looking for ideas at reasonable priced venues. TIA!

Re: wedding venue ideas

• I'd ask in the local boards, because this is an international one and many people here don't know what's available in those areas.
  • Knottie62833443
    What does reasonably priced mean to you? How many guests? Any other preferences? 
  • we are looking to spend $100 pp or under. I like more of a rustic/ country look but am open to options.
  • Congratulations on your engagement!  100pp inclusive of tax and service charges?  Are you dead set on that date?  You picked the most popular day of the week in one of the most popular months of the year.....if you're more flexible, your options will open up even more.
  • I'm from the Hudson valley which is mid state area of NY, and just moved to the PA side of the PA/NY/NJ border. I know several venues that may work for you.
    You can PM me if you want any notes that I have from when we were shoping around.
  • we are flexible with date although we would like Saturday. I have a lot of family that will be traveling. but we are open to early November dates too. 
  • My venue, The Olde Mill Inn in Basking Ridge, is great for a wedding with many traveling guests, because it's a one stop shop. It's truly beautiful, but has a rustic feel. They have a few different packages and may be able to work with your requirements. Good luck!
  • Saturday's are very popular.  I agree with @JoanE2012.  Finding a venue in that month alone on a Saturday for that price might prove to be difficult, but its not impossible.  

The Olde Mill Inn in beautiful, I would check them out.  Wineries are also an option if you want that rustic look, though they are farther west and south in NJ.  

In order to get that price, you might have to travel in bit.
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Thank you guys, we ending up changing everything around and booking the Farmstead in Lafayette for July!
  • Congrats!  And Happy Planning!!  If you need anymore help, you know where to find us!
    Anniversary

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards