DIY Wedding Forum

Help with finishing invitations

badbnagdwaybadbnagdway member
First Comment First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper
edited December 2014 in DIY Wedding Forum
Dear very knowledgeable DIY ladies:  my invitations came in from Vistaprint and I think they came out pretty well. I ended up designing my own stuff, I just didn't love what they had available. My idea was that the invitation itself would be a double layered one, relatively simple design on white paper with another piece of dark purple paper that I would attach with ribbon. I also thought I would paper punch the bottom of the invitation (or possibly the corners). 

This paper punched STD was my inspiration, except I wouldn't tie the ribbon around it, I would secure it kind of like this. I've had my eye on this paper punch. I also would probably tie up the suite with a ribbon (I'm thinking teal or green). So I'm just wondering if I am going to be making the whole thing too busy with paper punching and ribbon both on the invitation.  Should I maybe just paper punch the invite and then tie it all up with ribbon? 

This is my suit

Thoughts? 

Re: Help with finishing invitations

• If you are thinking of tying the entire invite suite together with ribbon then I wouldn't tie the invite to the backing paper.  I would instead use the punch you like on the bottom of the invite and then use double sided tape to secure the invite to the purple paper then tie everything together with the teal ribbon.

• If you are thinking of tying the entire invite suite together with ribbon then I wouldn't tie the invite to the backing paper.  I would instead use the punch you like on the bottom of the invite and then use double sided tape to secure the invite to the purple paper then tie everything together with the teal ribbon.
    Thanks! I know I am over thinking but you know, you stare at something long enough and that happens. 
  • Oh trust me I know.  I DIY'd my own invites so I questioned every little thing I did.  I just had to keep reminding myself that most will unfortunately end up in the trash and as long as I liked them that is all that mattered.

• Oh trust me I know.  I DIY'd my own invites so I questioned every little thing I did.  I just had to keep reminding myself that most will unfortunately end up in the trash and as long as I liked them that is all that mattered.
    Ha, yes. Knowing that they will go in the trash I decided to do Vistaprint and spend less and then just pretty them up a bit myself. Ironically I am now fixated on not making them look dumb because the buck really stops at me. 
    I agree with this. Plus the more ribbons you add, the bulkier your invite will become which can affect the cost of shipping them out too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards