Favors

Favor idea for a wedding reception at the zoo

Hi Everyone! This is my 2nd wedding and my FI's first. Lots of decisions and some I'm struggling with partly because I want simple but his family is really large and wants the whole enchilada! Anyhow, I digress, I've been racking my brain about favors that would be fun with our venue. I'm thinking maybe wine glass charms. I could make them with zoological charms and other beads coordinated with our wedding colors. Their super simple and I have a ton of time between sitting on the bleachers at the ice rink or wrestling tournaments I could produce wine charms instead of reading or surfing my phone! A box of candy just seems so boring. I'm committed to the big wedding but I would still like it to feel somewhat intimate and hand made favors seem appropriate. What do you think?

Re: Favor idea for a wedding reception at the zoo

• What about animal crackers? They make some that you can personalize the box:

Most people on TK will vote for an edible favor. Non-edible favors are usually either left at the reception or thrown aside at home. Your charm idea does sound cute though. Maybe you can make them for the wedding party?
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Hi Everyone! This is my 2nd wedding and my FI's first. Lots of decisions and some I'm struggling with partly because I want simple but his family is really large and wants the whole enchilada! Anyhow, I digress, I've been racking my brain about favors that would be fun with our venue. I'm thinking maybe wine glass charms. I could make them with zoological charms and other beads coordinated with our wedding colors. Their super simple and I have a ton of time between sitting on the bleachers at the ice rink or wrestling tournaments I could produce wine charms instead of reading or surfing my phone! A box of candy just seems so boring. I'm committed to the big wedding but I would still like it to feel somewhat intimate and hand made favors seem appropriate. What do you think?
    I have no use for a couple of wine charms.  And my DH would laugh, he certainly doesn't want a wine charm.  We'd take them home to be nice but would get rid of them.  Sorry.  Now chocolates, candy, anything edible.....THAT would be a fantastic favor!
  • peachy13 said:
    What about animal crackers? They make some that you can personalize the box:

Most people on TK will vote for an edible favor. Non-edible favors are usually either left at the reception or thrown aside at home. Your charm idea does sound cute though. Maybe you can make them for the wedding party?
    HA!  Before I scrolled down, I immediately thought ANIMAL CRACKERS!

And OP, a box of candy may seem boring to you, but as a guest I don't care about boring vs. exciting -  I care about yummy and useful.  And I always have a use for food.  I have no use for a wine charm.  If I even took it off the table and brought it home with me, it would sit in a drawer until I finally cleaned out the drawer and threw it in the trash.  There's a reason why so many favors are edible - because people like eating and hate cluttering trinkets.
  • I would not take a wine charm with me.  I'd leave it on table in hopes that someone else would want multiples, but seriously--how full is everyone's junk drawer?

I'd rather have an upgraded bar, more passed apps, a late night snack, etc. than a favor any day.

But if you are insistent on a favor, love the animal crackers idea so long as they're packaged.  I don't like to eat things counted into those little mesh bags, etc. because that means someone's hands have been all over them.  Alcohol (like mini champagne bottle for mimosa the next day), or edible and professionally packaged FTW if you feel you must do a favor.  Lots of bakeries make cute animal cookies if you don't want animal crackers.
  • Thanks ladies wine charms are out. Just got a list of invites from my FI's family and looks like favors may fall by the wayside altogether. I'd rather budget for the dinner and bar!
  • Animal shaped cookies or something else would be adorable, IMO.
    Pink, Green + Gold Animal Themed Wedding|Photographer: Retrospect Images
  • doeydo said:

Animal shaped cookies or something else would be adorable, IMO.
    Pink, Green + Gold Animal Themed Wedding|Photographer: Retrospect Images
    Love it!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• I may be dating myself, but I remember loving these as a kid, and would love one as a favor!

Barnum's Animal Crackers - 2.125 oz box

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards