Registry and Gift Forum

China Pattern at more than one store

If the pattern of china I want is available at more than one store I am registering at, should I split it up?  It is at both bed,bath,beyond and Macy's and I know people like to use coupons(not sure if they work on fine china brands) or their Macy's card.  Otherwise, I am doing all china at one and all casual dishes at the other, but am just not sure what to do if I really want it. 

Re: China Pattern at more than one store

• If I see an item on a registry that does not stop me from buy the item at another place if I can get a better deal.   

I would just keep it at one store, but I guess it doesn't really matter if you split them either.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I wouldn't split it up...that just gets confusing.  Both of those stores have decent return/exchange policies so it's not the end of the world which one you choose.  Our pattern was at both locations but BB&B was like $30/place setting cheaper so I went with that because there are always plenty of coupons for BB&B.  I still got our sugar/creamer set and two place settings from Macy's, however... 

• We registered for China at Carson's, but they were out (in-store) a couple weeks before our wedding. My aunt bought us a few place settings of the same pattern from BBB (we were not registered there).  no big deal!!!  I would not split it up.  
  • I'd keep all your china at one store to take advantage of the completion bonuses most vendors offer. Many times if you get, say, 10+ place settings, you get a free bonus piece -- usually a serving dish. If you split it up between two stores, you automatically get rid of your chances to get free stuff. 
  • I would keep it registered at one place, whichever offers the best completion discounts/bonuses. 

When I shop off of people's registry's I always check to see if the item I am buying could be bought for less somewhere else. For example, most of what you can get at Macy's can also be bought at Amazon for less plus free shipping. I just call Macy's and tell them that I have bought the registry item and they mark it as complete on the registry. 
  • We put it on both Macy's and BB&B.   This way guests could buy where they wanted to.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards