Wedding Etiquette Forum

Thank you note WWYD

I've finished most of my thank you notes from the wedding, but have a quick question.

Two of my BMs didn't give a gift at the wedding (one said she in making me something, but it wasn't finished in time). They both traveled out of town/state for the wedding, and shower and Bach party, and have been amazing and incredible and supportive. I feel like I should thank them for all the time and money they spent to attend my wedding, but I've been told that thanking someone who didn't give a gift comes across as gift-grabby. Is there an exception for members of the wedding party? Not thanking them feels wrong, but I don't want to offend them by seeming greedy either. Thanks for any info!

Re: Thank you note WWYD

• If you haven't already sent them thank you notes for all they did, send them now.
  • banana468 said:
    If you haven't already sent them thank you notes for all they did, send them now.
    Good point! I did write them thank you notes and gave them with their gifts at the rehearsal dinner... does that cover thanking them for all I've stated above, or should there be an addition note specific for their help on the wedding day?
  • Did you give them gifts as thank yous for being in your wedding? I think lots of brides do this for their bridesmaids in lieu of thank you notes.

Formerly martha1818

• Two of our GM didn't get us anything either but I still sent them thank you cards thanking them for being a special part of our big day. We did this in addition to giving everyone gifts. I know the gifts are a thank you gift but I still wanted to say thank you one more time for everything that they had done.
  • banana468 said:
    If you haven't already sent them thank you notes for all they did, send them now.
    Good point! I did write them thank you notes and gave them with their gifts at the rehearsal dinner... does that cover thanking them for all I've stated above, or should there be an addition note specific for their help on the wedding day?
    Yes, that thank you note given at the RD covered it. When you speak to them I would thank them again, but another written thank you note is not necessary unless you receive(d) a wedding gift from them.
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards