Chit Chat
Options

Banned User?

Anybody know why Smichek got banned?
What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14

Re: Banned User?

• Options
    When did this happen??  I don't remember hearing from her in quite a while actually

• Options
    Whoa what?? 
  • Options
    Same, so I went looking, and she has the banned avatar. Says last active in December.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Options
    Maybe she was too detailed about her new sex life after being asked not to be?
    Anniversary

• Options
    That is odd. I wonder why she got banned.
  • Options
    Made a troll account and got IP banned, perhaps?
  • Options
    larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    Oh I forgot about her! She did love drama, maybe she did make troll accounts.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    WTF? Asked to be banned? Mmmmmmk. Thanks, Beethery!
  • Options
    If you ask to be banned, that deletes your content, right? I wonder if she realized that posting all the details of her H's accident on a public forum may not have been the best idea. 
  • Options
    Um, then why not just stop logging in?

She was more immature than I had previously thought ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    AddieCake said:

WTF? Asked to be banned? Mmmmmmk. Thanks, Beethery!

I know, right? Just sign out and stay off the site like a grown-up should be able to handle. :unamused:

--

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    esstee33 said:
    If you ask to be banned, that deletes your content, right? I wonder if she realized that posting all the details of her H's accident on a public forum may not have been the best idea. 

That would make the most sense. But I don't know if banning deletes everything.
  • Options
    I'm on mobile so I can't tell, but if her profile shows no discussions/no replies then her content was deleted. I think she was requesting an account deletion but mods can't do that. Mod made sure she was alright with being banned, and if she was absolutely sure that's what she wanted, and then mod complied.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I was wondering what happened to her.

• Options
    If she asked to be banned, I'd guess it was a matter of wanting all content deleted. That makes sense.

• Options
    I gotta be honest, it seems like an abuse of mod powers. Being banned should be reserved for breaking TOS, not "I don't want to come here anymore". She should have followed the proper channels to have her account deleted by the KG's.
    Anniversary
  • Options

esstee33 said:

That would make the most sense. But I don't know if banning deletes everything.

The posts will still exist via a cache search though. . .so if that was her motivation it's likely futile.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Options
    I think it's dumb when people can't hack it and feel GBCK is the best option when they could just sign out and go about their business. Personally, I would've told her no, and where to find the sign out button.

BUT, it was at the mod's discretion and she ran it by the KGs when they were back at the office. TOS and mod ability/procedure updates are in the works, so there'll be a clearer line on stuff in the future.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    I'd wondered where she'd wandered off too
  • Options
    Yeah! If you leave, you forfeit your unicorn points!
  • Options
    beethery said:

I think it's dumb when people can't hack it and feel GBCK is the best option when they could just sign out and go about their business. Personally, I would've told her no, and where to find the sign out button.

BUT, it was at the mod's discretion and she ran it by the KGs when they were back at the office. TOS and mod ability/procedure updates are in the works, so there'll be a clearer line on stuff in the future.

So, hypothetically, can she ask to be unbanned? Is that potential outcome being addressed in the updates?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Ha! That is so strange.
  • Options
    rajahmd said:

beethery said:

So, hypothetically, can she ask to be unbanned? Is that potential outcome being addressed in the updates?
    I think she'd have to run it by the KG's because it's a shit pile nobody would want to stick their hand in.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Options
    beethery said:

I think she'd have to run it by the KG's because it's a shit pile nobody would want to stick their hand in.

At that point, just make a new account.
  • Options
    I'm the one that banned her. She PMed me and asked for an account deletion. I told her to PM Knot Riley to do that, as all I can do is ban. She preferred not to do that and asked me to ban her.

FWIW, she did not ask me to ban her to delete her content. She asked me to ban her because she was stressed about work and her DH's illness and did not want to be tempted to lose focus on her life.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards