April 2015 Weddings

Cake

I am looking around to see what is a good amount for a wedding cake? I am looking at a 3 tier large cake (100-125 guests) or a smaller 3 tier cake with cupcakes. How much is everyone spending?

Re: Cake

• I'm getting three half sheet cakes and an 8" round single tier cake for cutting, and all that's running me about $250. The sheet cakes provide 144 servings. These are filled cakes with buttercream frosting.
  • I'm in the $350 range for a small 3 tier and a half sheet or so hidden in the back for extras.  2 flavors of cake and butter cream filling.  One with fresh strawberries. 

I've found that local bakeries tend to be a bit cheaper than those specifically geared towards wedding cakes.  Good luck!
  • We are getting a 3 tier 100 serving cake for $575. It's chocolate with chocolate ganache filling and I will admit it has quite a bit of detailing and silver leaf but I thought it was a reasonable price.
  • I am getting a small 6" cutting cake, and then a little over 100 cupcakes.  (We have about 100ish people coming)  spending about $230 total!
  • No anniversary tier?
  • Nope, we'll get a small cake for our first anniversary from the same bakery. I'm not sure year-old frozen cake would taste good!
  • We are doing a 3 tier cake that will serve about 80 people and its costing us around $450. We are serving all the cake and will just order a small cake on our anniversary. We think we will be moving sometime this summer, and there's no way I am gonna haul around a old frozen tier of cake lol
  • we expect around 100 people and we are going to do a small 2-3 tier cake and serve all of it, I'm not one save the top tier and freeze, and cupcakes.

We haven't really thought of favors nor design yet, which is okay on our part as our cake baker is a cake baker friend of mine so she said just get your flavors and design to me 1-2 weeks ahead of the date, also sorry I can't give you a price as I only have to pay for supplies.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards