• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
Registering and Gifts

China Pattern at more than one store

If the pattern of china I want is available at more than one store I am registering at, should I split it up?  It is at both bed,bath,beyond and Macy's and I know people like to use coupons(not sure if they work on fine china brands) or their Macy's card.  Otherwise, I am doing all china at one and all casual dishes at the other, but am just not sure what to do if I really want it. 

Re: China Pattern at more than one store

• lyndausvilyndausvi Western Slope, Colorado mod
    Moderator Knottie Warrior 10000 Comments 500 Love Its
    If I see an item on a registry that does not stop me from buy the item at another place if I can get a better deal.   

I would just keep it at one store, but I guess it doesn't really matter if you split them either.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • I wouldn't split it up...that just gets confusing.  Both of those stores have decent return/exchange policies so it's not the end of the world which one you choose.  Our pattern was at both locations but BB&B was like $30/place setting cheaper so I went with that because there are always plenty of coupons for BB&B.  I still got our sugar/creamer set and two place settings from Macy's, however... 

• We registered for China at Carson's, but they were out (in-store) a couple weeks before our wedding. My aunt bought us a few place settings of the same pattern from BBB (we were not registered there).  no big deal!!!  I would not split it up.  
  • esstee33esstee33 Pittsburgh member
    Ninth Anniversary 1000 Comments 500 Love Its First Answer
    I'd keep all your china at one store to take advantage of the completion bonuses most vendors offer. Many times if you get, say, 10+ place settings, you get a free bonus piece -- usually a serving dish. If you split it up between two stores, you automatically get rid of your chances to get free stuff. 
    cafarriechibiyui
  • I would keep it registered at one place, whichever offers the best completion discounts/bonuses. 

When I shop off of people's registry's I always check to see if the item I am buying could be bought for less somewhere else. For example, most of what you can get at Macy's can also be bought at Amazon for less plus free shipping. I just call Macy's and tell them that I have bought the registry item and they mark it as complete on the registry. 
  • We put it on both Macy's and BB&B.   This way guests could buy where they wanted to.   
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards