Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Cosmopolitan Photography + Wicked Spoon Questions

Happy Tuesday all,

I just wanted to report that I followed the advice of this thread (http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/915240/need-help-from-past-brides-who-took-pictures-at-cosmopolitan) regarding contacting the PR dept at Cosmo to get the appropriate paperwork to have photos taken inside the hotel. The response I received was:

We appreciate your interest in The Cosmopolitan, unfortunately, we must politely decline this request. Per resort policy, professional photography/videography for personal use, anywhere in the resort, is not permitted. The only time an exception is made is when the actual wedding occurs on property, however, it is supervised by our Celebrations Team and photography is coordinated through their official vendor only.

So future brides: if you're not actually getting married at Cosmo, I'd just go ahead and wing it and try not to get kicked out. You're probably better off trying to take pictures on the second floor.

Next question re: Wicked Spoon. We are getting the private room and will be closing it off. I would like to have some toasts. Do you think we need a microphone or anything like that if we have 50 guests in this closed off space? I don't imagine so, but I also want people to be able to hear.

Last question. I want to order a cake just so we can cut the cake and keep some for an anniversary. There are going to be so many fabulous desserts on the line that I'm not sure everyone will want cake, but I want to make sure to have enough that those who want "cake to have cake" can have some. I've read that the serving sizes for the cakes at WS are HUGE, so I'm thinking the 10" cake that "serves 16" will be plenty for our group of 50. Thoughts?

Re: Cosmopolitan Photography + Wicked Spoon Questions

• Options
    edited December 2014
    faith4keep said:
    Happy Tuesday all,

I just wanted to report that I followed the advice of this thread (http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/915240/need-help-from-past-brides-who-took-pictures-at-cosmopolitan) regarding contacting the PR dept at Cosmo to get the appropriate paperwork to have photos taken inside the hotel. The response I received was: 

We appreciate your interest in The Cosmopolitan, unfortunately, we must politely decline this request. Per resort policy, professional photography/videography for personal use, anywhere in the resort, is not permitted. The only time an exception is made is when the actual wedding occurs on property, however, it is supervised by our Celebrations Team and photography is coordinated through their official vendor only. 

So future brides: if you're not actually getting married at Cosmo, I'd just go ahead and wing it and try not to get kicked out. You're probably better off trying to take pictures on the second floor. 

Next question re: Wicked Spoon. We are getting the private room and will be closing it off. I would like to have some toasts. Do you think we need a microphone or anything like that if we have 50 guests in this closed off space? I don't imagine so, but I also want people to be able to hear. 

Last question. I want to order a cake just so we can cut the cake and keep some for an anniversary. There are going to be so many fabulous desserts on the line that I'm not sure everyone will want cake, but I want to make sure to have enough that those who want "cake to have cake" can have some. I've read that the serving sizes for the cakes at WS are HUGE, so I'm thinking the 10" cake that "serves 16" will be plenty for our group of 50. Thoughts? 

1) As long as the guests shut up and the room is closed off there is no need for mics.  We had ~50 in there and did our toasts w/o issue 

2)  We bought the individual size wedding cake for me and the wifey ($20) and then supplemented with cupcakes and togo boxes for people to take cupcakes home ($6/ea + .75 for individual box).  You do not need to buy a cupcake for everyone - we bought 48 for 54 guests and had around 20 leftover. 
  • Options
    edited December 2014

I am sure it can still be hit or miss but we took pics there last month and our photographer said they have not been nearly as strict lately as they have been in the past. We weren't personally worried because we weren't in traditional wedding attire but he said that even with brides in wedding gowns, he has had better luck lately.

Regardless, we mapped out where we wanted pics ahead of time and were prepared to move quickly. lol We were successful at the Chandelier bar, another bar, in front of the elevators, even right in front of the front desk. The majority of our pics were on our terrace and in the room, and I would have been happy with just those if we'd been asked to stop taking pics in the hotel. Truly amazing view.

GL Cosmo brides! :)

• Options
    Thanks for the info on how it played out for your guests at Wicked Spoon. We'll probably stick with a cake for about half the people.
  • Options
    We had no problem with photos in the Cosmo.  Had lots of photos taken around all the different artwork and the chandelier bar.  We did stick to mostly the 2nd floor though so maybe that's why no-one said anything?  
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Yep I think that's what I'm going to do, it head immediately to the second floor and not even worry about getting pics on the first floor.
  • Options
    Yep I think that's what I'm going to do, it head immediately to the second floor and not even worry about getting pics on the first floor.

Or if you do the first floor save it for last so if something is said, you will be finishing up anyway and the photographer can say, "Ok, I was just leaving."

This was our strategy because I wanted pics on the purple couches pretty desperately.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards