Michigan-Detroit

Bridal Salons for Large Groups

First off, I know, not the best idea. However, my friend is getting married as well and has completely excluded the entire wedding party from anything dress related, which is disappointing and I don't want to do the same.
I don't plan on bringing everyone to every appointment, but for the first one I would like to extend the invitation to a group and have a good time trying on dresses.
From then on I would only invite a couple of people to limit opinions.

With that said, are there any good salons in the metro-Detroit area that will allow larger groups?
I was thinking I could even make the appointment for a weekday to make it easier on the salon?

Please let me know if you have any suggestions, or experience with this!

Thank you!

Re: Bridal Salons for Large Groups

• I think most places do try to cap how many people you bring, so it really depends on what you consider to be a "large" group.  I Do Too Salon in Plymouth has a larger viewing area that could probably accommodate more people - they do not take appointments as far as I know.  Allure Bridal in Livonia also has larger viewing areas, and was not crowded at all when I went on a Saturday afternoon (they do take appointments).  Demetrios in Troy also has a larger viewing area - I brought 4 people with me to my appointment there and they didn't mind.  I know you don't want to exclude anyone, but you may want to consider only taking one or two people with you for your first trip.  Personally, I found the very first shopping trip to be somewhat overwhelming because I had NO idea what looked good on me, so I ended up trying on every single style to determine what I like.  Having a lot of opinions when you're still in the "weeding out certain cuts" phase  might make things difficult.  I ended up waiting until I had the style picked out and then invited more people to help me pick between dresses of the style I liked.
  • I second demitrios in troy. I did BM dress shopping there, and they didnt flinch at having 6 girls running around. They had a ton of wedding dresses, but since I live out of state I didn't buy mine there, but we did order the BM dresses. They have a MUCH larger selection of dessy and bill levkoff dresses than any other store I went to.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards