Chit Chat

Banned User?

124»

Re: Banned User?

• Gustafson28... I'm trying to figure out if your handle is your last name, or you love the movie Grumpy Old Men.  Either way, I love you. Lol
  • Screw you Gustafson! Lol. Think it's spelled differently though
  • lol I'm 28. And not a teacher. I work in clinical research. And when I say stickers, I'm talking about baby monkeys or some other adorable cartoon-y nonsense.
    Yup.  The get monkeys with stupid faces on completed homework.  Sometimes they get scratch and sniff, other times they're french motivational stuff (Très Bien!).  Whatever I find that looks fun

• AddieCake said:
    I put stickers on my students' papers if they get an A or a B. They are seniors in high school and love them.
    Ok that's just awesome. I want to be one of your students!
  • AddieCake said:
    I put stickers on my students' papers if they get an A or a B. They are seniors in high school and love them.
    My Latin professor in college put stickers on our quizzes. We were all juniors/seniors.

Of course, there were only 5 of us in class, and we frequently decided to have class at the bar rather than, ya know, in the classroom.

I miss that class.
    Amor vincet omnia.... par liones.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AddieCake said:
    My Latin professor in college put stickers on our quizzes. We were all juniors/seniors.

Of course, there were only 5 of us in class, and we frequently decided to have class at the bar rather than, ya know, in the classroom.

I miss that class.
    Ha.  That's where I go the idea.  One of my Education teachers in Uni did this too and I loved getting them.  I am easily bribed

• If @lolo883 goes missing just know I've probably kidnapped her and am keeping her in my guest room.
    I'm OK with this. There are margaritas in the guest room, right @MagicInk‌ ?
    We have much of the alcohol. Wifey thinks your husband looks tall so he can get kidnapped with you as we are short and would like him to reach things for us. It's a hassle always getting a stool.
    He's 6'4"! He's also really good at opening jars.
    But how good is he at killing spiders? THIS IS IMPORTANT.
  • If @lolo883 goes missing just know I've probably kidnapped her and am keeping her in my guest room.
    I'm OK with this. There are margaritas in the guest room, right @MagicInk‌ ?
    We have much of the alcohol. Wifey thinks your husband looks tall so he can get kidnapped with you as we are short and would like him to reach things for us. It's a hassle always getting a stool.
    He's 6'4"! He's also really good at opening jars.
    But how good is he at killing spiders? THIS IS IMPORTANT.
    We went to a game night at mutual friends' house soon after we started dating and he punched a spider to death. (Sorry not sorry spider pacifists.)
    OMG, HE WHAT? Mr. Lolo is the most badass dude that I almost know.
  • OMG, HE WHAT? Mr. Lolo is the most badass dude that I almost know.
    Yup. It skittered out from under the couch and he cold-cocked it right into the carpet. It tried to get up and he punched it like 3 more times. It was hilarious, and I was in love.

Yup. It skittered out from under the couch and he cold-cocked it right into the carpet. It tried to get up and he punched it like 3 more times. It was hilarious, and I was in love.
    Mr. Lolo just won my forever love.

That would absolutely do it for me. BF knows my scream reserved and will come running into the room yelling "where is it?"

• I wasn't too familiar with her posts but I do remember the car accident thing and wanting to give a piece of my mind to her about her attitude. Ugh, whatever, good riddance I guess.

Formerly martha1818

• larrygagalarrygaga member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I'm so badass I take care of the spiders myself.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• edited June 2015
  •  
    I used to be the resident spider-killer with my first roommate. It sucked having to be the brave one, but when your roommate is in another room with tears in her eyes, it leaves little room for anything else.

Now H did have to kill every single roach when he was home. I found out that I am 1,000,000,000x more scared of roaches than spiders.
    I'm the opposite.  My classroom had roaches and I could mostly ignore them or step on them if I had on good shoes.  Meanwhile, a spider?  Or a house centipede, God forbid?  *shudder* The more legs it has the more I freak out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I used to be the resident spider-killer with my first roommate. It sucked having to be the brave one, but when your roommate is in another room with tears in her eyes, it leaves little room for anything else.

Now H did have to kill every single roach when he was home. I found out that I am 1,000,000,000x more scared of roaches than spiders.

I was the "ridder of all creatures" at my house in college. Spiders, centipedes, a baby mouse, a possum in the garage.

I don't mind killing spiders, but I loved that H's first instinct was to hulk smash it for me. :)

•  
    I used to be the resident spider-killer with my first roommate. It sucked having to be the brave one, but when your roommate is in another room with tears in her eyes, it leaves little room for anything else.

I'm the opposite.  My classroom had roaches and I could mostly ignore them or step on them if I had on good shoes.  Meanwhile, a spider?  Or a house centipede, God forbid?  *shudder* The more legs it has the more I freak out.
    I am convinced house centipedes come from the deepest pits of hell! They are super creepy and those suckers are fast! Killing them is a feat in and of itself and stresses me out.  In the summer I used to see them occasionally in my apartment and there was one week where I saw at least one daily until I called my landlord and told him I could not live there unless he did something about it.  They must have sprayed something because I saw a couple dead ones but got a break from them otherwise.
  • At a family BBQ once, my mom actually cut a bee in half in mid-air.  It was buzzing around her head and the butterknife was the first thing she grabbed.  It's still one of the greatest things I've laid eyes on.
    This makes your mom some kind of magical bug killing ninja. That is some awesome mom-action.
  • DH lovingly checks the bedroom walls, ceilings, under the bed, and around the window casings for bugs and spiders every night before he comes to bed. 

Aside from the HUGE motherfucker of a roach I killed right before Christmas (DH was asleep and Roach would have disappeared by the time I got him up), DH kills the bugs in our house. Re: the big roach- the kitties helped corner his ass so I could spray him and squish with one of DH's shoes.

DH is also tall, and pulls my mixer down and puts it back up for me since I'm too short. He has his own dedicated cabinet at my parents house, as Mom is too short to be bothered with storing things regularly in there- he keeps tapatio, tobasco, and occasionally some pretzels or chips in the cupboard :-D
  •  

I am convinced house centipedes come from the deepest pits of hell! They are super creepy and those suckers are fast! Killing them is a feat in and of itself and stresses me out.  In the summer I used to see them occasionally in my apartment and there was one week where I saw at least one daily until I called my landlord and told him I could not live there unless he did something about it.  They must have sprayed something because I saw a couple dead ones but got a break from them otherwise.
    I hate them too! They are really gross. V and his friends let the windows open for several days. A group of them got into the apartment. I actually found one on the toilet. I always check now...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards