Just Engaged and Proposals
Options

Engagement Photos... YAY or NAY?

2»

Re: Engagement Photos... YAY or NAY?

• Options
    *not engaged yet*
    I definitely want them. Most places here throw them in for free/deduct their price from the total wedding package if you go with the same photographer. I also just think it would be so much fun, and we've never done a pro photoshoot before!
  • Options
    We did because it was part of our photographers package to get one additional session aside from the wedding day. It was great to get to know our photographers and get comfortable having our pictures taken. We used them for our wedding website, Save the Dates, and made a guest book out of our engagement photos.  https://www.facebook.com/natassia.saquilan/media_set?set=a.769893173038099.100000522717079&type=3 
  • Options
    I don't think you need them, it's entirely up to you and your partner :)

We did have them done, and I am very glad we did: 1) We only had a few nice photos of us together beforehand because we are always the ones behind the camera 2) Working with our photographer before our wedding was wonderful; we got to know her, she got to know us, we got used to what it will be like being photographed 3) We have great images for our save the dates!

* Our engagement session was included in our wedding package! Had we not chosen to book with our photographer, it would have been a portrait fee.
  • Options
    brideiguessbrideiguess member
    First Comment
    edited January 2015
    I don't know if we'll do any. Maybe if an artsy friend offers to shoot some for cheap, but I'm not spending big money on them. 
  • Options
    We had a friend take ours. She is just getting into photography and she used us as test subjects. I knew I wouldn't be using many of our engagement pics after our wedding, so I didn't want to drop a lot of money on them. We had a couple of favorites, which worked perfectly for framing for family, wedding website, Christmas cards, etc. We wanted to have some pics around the time we got engaged for sentimental value too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    It's not a must but it is nice to have. You can even incorporate the photos in your wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards