Chit Chat
Options

As 2014 goes by...

2»

Re: As 2014 goes by...

• Options
    I'm so happy we got married this year and am so lucky we were able to go on an amazing honeymoon. I'm grateful that DH found a new job that he loves and that we only had 1 month of him being unemployed. 

Anniversary
  • Options

@slothiegal - thank you for starting this thread to close out 2014.

I've had a few bumps in the road this year and DHs support has meant the world to me. I'm thankful for my wonderful, fun family and my precious hounds.

For 2015, I'm looking forward to a fun tropical vacation at the end of winter.

• Options
    I'm very thankful for FI and both our families.  We are truly blessed beyond belief! 

FI had hernias and surgery this year, and today (his birthday) he had a mole biopsied that he'll probably have to get cut at some more (they think it's a basal cell carcinoma).  We are super grateful that none of that is too serious of life threatening, but this guy absolutely hate needles, blood, doctors, and all that stuff more than anyone I've ever met.  Our dog had his own little set of issues, so in general we are just looking forward to a HEALTHY 2015!  I can't stand have my boys getting poked and prodded for another whole year!

• Options
    I'm thankful for all the hilarious Wrecking Ball spoofs. I'm thankful for foam fingers. I'm thankful that @TKzilla‌ still loves me!
  • Options

I'm thankful for my husband so so much

I'm thankful for wine.

I'm thankful that we were able to host a beautiful, fun wedding and be married surrounded by family and friends.

I'm thankful for my new niece.

I'm thankful that we got to go on an awesome honeymoon this year that was a once in a lifetime vacation.

Anniversary

• Options
    maeday2 said:
    esstee33 said:
    maeday2 said:
    @esstee33 I didn't know you were getting hitched in New Orleans in May! Can I crash? 
    Hell yeah! We're driving down there and partying it up in the French Quarter, then getting married at the Algiers Courthouse. Then we might drive over to Florida to drink fruity beverages on the beach before we drive home. 
    That sounds perfect. Let me know if you need recs for places to eat/drink while in NO! 
    Same goes for me.  I'm also getting married in Nola in May and would be happy to share recommendations that range from fine dining to dive bars, and from shopping on Magazine to dropping a line in Bayou Lafitte and catching your dinner!  Also, having planned the wedding down here, I'm happy to share successes and tips.  
  • Options
    I'm grateful for so much this year - a new niece, the best professional year I've had to date, a new & exciting job opp for FI, a hilarious bunch of friends & family, but most of all, I'm grateful that my fiance had the opportunity to meet my grandmother before she passed this year.  I'm the last of her grandchildren to get married and despite the dementia she suffered toward the end, she completely understood who he was and what he meant to me and the family.  She mustered all of the energy she could and greeted him in a very special way.  For our family, that was one of the most important moments of 2014.  
  • Options
    I'm thankful for FI. I'm thankful for my family and my job. I'm thankful that all the bumps in the road didn't shake us all to bits.

Most of all, I'm thankful 2015 is here. 2014 was, for the most part, terrible, and I'm so so glad to put that shit behind me and move forward.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    esstee33 said:
    esstee33 said:
    maeday2 said:
    @esstee33 I didn't know you were getting hitched in New Orleans in May! Can I crash? 
    Hell yeah! We're driving down there and partying it up in the French Quarter, then getting married at the Algiers Courthouse. Then we might drive over to Florida to drink fruity beverages on the beach before we drive home. 
    Me too, me too! No joke, I will be in NOLA in May for my delayed honeymoon, hahaha!
    Oh, girl, please tell me you're going to be there the week of the 18th. 
    Random advice from a local: May 16th is Tulane graduation and there is also a neuroscience conference there that same weekend (bringing about 16,000 extra people).  Any reservations for hotels/restaurants you can do now will be helpful.  It's peak season here that time of year and the festivals & conferences are in full swing.  As it is, the American Society of Microbiologists is having their annual meeting the weekend of my wedding and sucking up all of the hotel rooms.  Ironically, I used to be a member of that organization & now all those nerds are crashing my wedding! ;) 
  • Options

esstee33 said:

esstee33 said:

maeday2 said:

Me too, me too! No joke, I will be in NOLA in May for my delayed honeymoon, hahaha!

Oh, girl, please tell me you're going to be there the week of the 18th. 

Random advice from a local: May 16th is Tulane graduation and there is also a neuroscience conference there that same weekend (bringing about 16,000 extra people).  Any reservations for hotels/restaurants you can do now will be helpful.  It's peak season here that time of year and the festivals & conferences are in full swing.  As it is, the American Society of Microbiologists is having their annual meeting the weekend of my wedding and sucking up all of the hotel rooms.  Ironically, I used to be a member of that organization & now all those nerds are crashing my wedding! ;) 

Oh, thank you!! We shouldn't get into town until the 17th or 18th, but we're definitely going to book some things ahead of time.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards