Not Engaged Yet

It's Monday

Re: It's Monday

• @Swazzle - Ugh, I bet. It was hard for us to get through. And the girls got really antsy which made it worse. It also reminded me why we don't go to the movies. There were a group of people behind us that were just horrible! Talking on their cell phone, fake snoring, just being all loud and shit. Why can't people just behave?

@AlPacina - I didn't realize that, but it totally makes sense! I knew it was a little dark, but it was rated PG, so I figured it's better than half the shit they watch at their dad's house. It was just really long. I feel like they could have cut out a few scenes and been a MUCH better movie. Although I'm sure I'd enjoy the entire show if it were a play. I hope you enjoy it more than I did!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• @Blue - I'm so sorry for your loss. Sending you big hugs. <3

*******************************************************************************************

• Finally getting around to responding to everyone's posts

@Swazzle - mmm brunch, and Aruba! And House!

@southernpeach89 - Yay for houses! I hope you guys find something you love.

@Dignity100 - I'm sorry you're in such a blah mood. I always feel bad for people with cold sores, I can't imagine how painful they are. Also, that's crazy that you guys fought over Monopoly.

@500days - Mmm Cake tasting!

@Peaseblossom55- When will you hear back about your audition?

@Blue - Oh no! I'm so sorry for your loss. That's just awful. My grandmother broke her hip the day after Christmas, but it took nearly 3 years of deteriorating for her to finally pass. {{{HUGS}}} to you and H.

• @ollie08 Probably sometime today or tomorrow.  I'm pretty sure they will need me to dance in the show, so hopefully it works out. :-)

Anniversary

• @blue sending big hugs your way!
  • @alpacina weird they came out and checked your septic tank without pumping haha - we had to have ours pumped to even get an inspection here (needless to say, this happened like a month after we moved into the house - flea removal was our first priority, lol.  I'm so glad these crazy things are behind us at the moment.)

Thanks to all for all the well wishes to H's family (which is now mine too!)  There was SO much boy time after his grandma died, I can't even describe it.  One particular game that was super popular was shooting airsofts at a person riding a bike (complete with eye protection, motorcycle helmet, and ear protection? it was ridiculous).

I am now binge watching Private Practice on Netflix.  I'm kinda in love.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • @allusive007 I love the reading nook! Are you also going to have bookshelves? Or just have the display shelves?
  • edited January 2015
    @allusive007 -You're super woman! Also the nursery is looking adorable!
  • I'm still really sick today, so I'm home instead of working :( I honestly wish I were at work because I hate feeling so sick! My head hurts and is pretty seriously congested, and my stomach hurts a lot too. I'm trying to stay hydrated. I know that eating something might make me feel better, but until J comes home with groceries, we don't have anything in the house to eat.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @swazzle Have a great time in Aruba! 

@Blue&amp;White so sorry for your loss. Sending T&P's and many hugs your way. 

@allusive007 the nursery looks great! And all of those recipes sound awesome. Could you send them to me? I really want to start using the crock pot more so that FI and I can save money for our wedding and not eat out as much! 

@Dignity100 I am so sorry you are in a bad mood and have cold sores. They suck so much and I know exactly what you mean with feeling like EVERYONE is staring at them. Hopefully they clear up soon! 

@500days cake tasting and your first fitting! How exciting! I am sure that you will love your dress as much as you did when you ordered it, if not more! :)

@CocoBellaF how was your trip? I'm sorry that we missed each other, but I want to hear all about it!

On Saturday, FI and I booked our venue!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We are getting married in July of 2016! I keep trying to update my signature with a new DaisyPath but it doesn't seem to want to show up. 

Yesterday, we flew back to San Diego. Both planes we were on were delayed. I thought the first one would be delayed due to weather, but we boarded and then sat at the gate for an hour after we were supposed to depart because of baggage issues. The second plane from Chicago to SD was delayed due to weather, but they did the same thing where we boarded on time and sat on the plane during the delay. This time, it was a half hour at the gate, and then a half hour pushed back from the gate but still nearby it (we didn't go anywhere after they pushed us back). We finally made it back though and just enjoyed being together back at our place last night. 

I'm back at work today, but it is an extremely slow day. All of the issues that came up while I was out were handled, and now I am just waiting on emails from others. 

• @Swazzle - I leave Saturday, so only about 3 full days.  I'm hoping I can knock out my research in 2 so I can spend a day exploring!

@KeptInStitches - Wow...that is a darn book.  I'm aiming for between 200-250 (plus appendices and bibliography, which will probably be another 30-40).  The grad college requires ours to be at least 200 pages, but there's not other limit. I had a friend who just completed a 593 page dissertation.  We have the same advisor, and he made it perfectly clear that if I write something that long, he will be not happy.  At this point, "the best dissertation is a finished dissertation"--I lose my funding at the end of this year.

• @futuremrshistorian, I'm writing for a similar reason. I hit the bitter end of research and now I have to write.

• @AuroraRose41 - I'd be happy to send you my recipies! I don't have them here...but I can email you tonight when I get home if you message me your email address! I have a girlfriend from high school who is asking for them too.
  • @allusive007 awesome thanks! I PM'ed you!

• OMG! I almost forgot to tell you ladies what happened to FI and I on Friday night! Another thread reminded me, and I just have to share. 

We visited a few venues on Friday. The first one we saw that morning was the one that we ended up booking, but we wanted to see another well known one before making that decision. The well known one scheduled us for a 5:30 pm appointment. I thought it was a little late, but assumed the evening wedding that they would probably have that night didn't start until later (ceremony at 6 pm at a church and reception starting around 7) and they would be setting up, so it didn't really bother me. 

Boy, was I wrong. Our tour was smack dab in the middle of another couples' cocktail hour! The worst part was that the person giving us the tour actually brought us into the room where cocktail hour was going on, and then brought us into the ballroom while guests were starting to take their seats for dinner! We literally crashed someone else's wedding. FI and I were so uncomfortable! 

• @Speakeast14 - We're planning to just have the shelves. We could fit multiple books deep because the shelves are probably 3-4" deep. We could get a bookshelf eventually if we wanted...but we're not planning to right now.
  • @swazzle I am so jealous of your traveling and trip to Aruba....I need to get on your level!

@blue I'm so sorry for your loss :(

@allusive007 Wow! You have been busy! Pat yourself on the back :)

@phira I hope you start feeling better soon!

@aurorarose41 Yay for booking a venue!!!! Did you AW it yet?? And- super awkward going to someone else's wedding. I mean, I have heard about seeing the venue set up before the wedding begins...but not as the event is taking place!
  • @allusive007 I love the nursery decor!!!!!

Anniversary

• @500days oops! I knew I was forgetting something ;). I will AW it right now :)

And I know, right? FI told the lady that we wanted to peek in only and only would go into the ballroom if guests were not in there yet. She actually pushed us into both rooms while guests were inside. We asked if we could request that no tours be given during our wedding if we decided to book, and her response was "That's just not possible. We have 110 weddings a year and many more tours. Most of the time the bride and groom love to see others getting a tour during their wedding and will toast to the people touring!" 

FI and I noped the eff out of there. 

• @aurorarose41 That's absolutely ridiculous!! I am so glad you didn't book them.
    Anniversary
    now with ~* INCREASED SASSINESS *~
  • @GoldenPenguin I don't know how I missed your post but that wine rack is awesome! I am going to remember that for when FI and I do our registry! 

Also, I have a venue to cross off the list for anyone else you know who might get married in that area, if you saw my earlier posts. I will PM you which one gave us a tour during someone else's wedding. 

• speakeasy14speakeasy14 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @allusive007 I didn't realize they were that wide, that makes me like it even more!

@aurorarose41 were you looking in NY or CA?  Either way, yeah good thinking to not go with them! I can't believe they actually gave a tour during someone else's wedding, and stated that it happens all the time.  I host events all the time for my company, and if someone was given a tour during my event, I can guarantee the venue will be giving me a huuuuuge discount. 

@phira lots of chicken noodle soup for you!!! Hope you start feeling better soon.

@goldenpenguin love that wine rack! My bf wants to build something like that in our cabinets.  I told him that his project. 
  • @speakeasy14 we were looking in NY since all of my family and most of his lives there, and most of our friends do too. On top of that, many of our relatives and friends are not as well off as we are, and they wouldn't be able to afford the trip to San Diego. We also have elderly relatives that are unable to fly. It made more sense for us to fly to all of them and have them all there. 

But yea, super awkward. We weren't dressed for a wedding either so we stood out like sore thumbs, and there were guests giving us dirty looks too. 

• @KeptInStitches & others:

Any ladies who want my crock pot/freezer meal recipes - just message your email address to me! I'm happy to share them. They're just a collection i've found online through various blogs. About 1/2 are Paleo friendly in case anyone has dairy/gluten intolerences. Some I haven't tried yet - but I can vouch for the Paleo ones.

• Friday at work was a drag.  There were only two of us in the office that didn't take the day off for an extended weekend.  It was long, drawn out, and super boring until the afternoon when we had some unexpected work pop up.  Watching some of the higher-ups run around like chickens with their heads cut off due to miscommunication was both annoying and entertaining.

Friday one of my closest friends came to stay.  We went to see Into the Woods, but besides that just had fun hanging out and catching up.  I was sad she had to go home Saturday, but the ice was already here with snow to follow shortly!

Sunday we got the rest of our initial equipment for our weightroom.  I did squats and curls and have been super whiney all day because omg it hurts to sit down, crouch, bend over, etc. lol.  I'm excited about what comes later, but not looking forward to this inbetween stage!

BF has been slightly teasing me about our upcoming engagement.  It's cute but annoying at the same time.

- - -

@Swazzle - Yay!  Vacation and house closing!  So exciting!

@LaPeanut1018 - Ouch!  That sucks.

@Blue & White - So sorry for your loss!

@Ollie08 & Swazzle Sorry you guys didn't like Into the Woods.  I love that show.  I don't know why they marketed it for kids though, like @AlPacina said the original source material is not for kids.  The Disneyfied version was certainly milder but I still thoroughly enjoyed the amount of overacted princely fanservice delivered by Chris Pine.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @WildMagelet - The girls are exposed to FAR worse at their dad's house, so this was definitely mild. I'd love to see the play. I just felt like it was way too long. Like it could've ended SO much sooner and I would have liked it more. It's hard to enjoy a movie when you have a kid playing "musical laps" and horrific co-movie-goers (there was a group right behind us that was awful, AWFUL). My oldest DD loved the princes singing on the waterfall.

• Ollie08 said:
    @WildMagelet - The girls are exposed to FAR worse at their dad's house, so this was definitely mild. I'd love to see the play. I just felt like it was way too long. Like it could've ended SO much sooner and I would have liked it more. It's hard to enjoy a movie when you have a kid playing "musical laps" and horrific co-movie-goers (there was a group right behind us that was awful, AWFUL). My oldest DD loved the princes singing on the waterfall.
    @Ollie08 - I can see how it would drag, especially for someone who hasn't seen it.  Act 1 can stand alone, which ends with the song "Ever After" when you have the baby, Cinderella's wedding, etc.  It also cuts out the majority of the adult themes aside from "Hello, Little Girl" so Act 1 is usually the presented to or performed by school groups.
    Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @WildMagelet - That makes so much sense as to where the first act would end. They seriously could have ended the movie there and the kids would have been happy. And it also makes sense why it felt like it was written by a stoner who couldn't keep his thoughts together, it seems like they did a lazy job of translating it to film!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards