Pennsylvania

November Wedding - Affordable Rustic Venue

I have a budget of $9k total for the wedding.  I am looking for a barn or farm venue indoors for November in 2016.  I have about 120 guests and I am hoping for no more than $50-60 pp including tax and service.  I have some flexibility in travel; I have looked all over eastern PA as well as NJ and southern NY and northern DE. I am willing to settle for a unique affordable venue but I will not do a ballroom or country club.

I am open to all suggestions!! I know lots of places offer discounts for Fridays and off season so I am using this to my advantage.

Re: November Wedding - Affordable Rustic Venue

• I am also looking for a nov 2016 wedding for about 100 people, hoping for a rustic and unique vibe. I'm having a hard time finding something on a budget. Have you looked at Friedman Farms, it would be a lot of DIY to keep in with budget. But it is gorgeous.
  • Hello Knottie,
         Have you looked into Sweetwater Farm in Glen Mills?  Or if looking around the Lehigh Valley area, how about Inn at Bally Springs, Glasbern Inn, Rodale Institute.  There is a very rustic (Cabins and woods) in Virginia name Lydia Mountain Lodge.  All are really nice places and have a rustic feel.

• Sorry, that was for Both Knottie and Mrs. Gallagher.
  • i am actually pending a visit to glasbern, its my ideal place as of right now!  rodale was out of budget just because their rental fee doesnt include anything and it is very high.
  • I just visited Glasbern this week and it is about 127$ pp without tax and gratuity for their cheapest option with 120 people! Hope that helps :)
    Lauren W.
  • Yeah glasburn is very nice. A little pricey but gorgeous. Yeah Rodale is a good place but you would need to supply everything so it could get pricey depending what you want. Have you made any decisions for florist, DJ, photographer, etc yet?
  • Please look at Pump House Bed and Breakfast in Bloomsburg PA. If you google it, it should pop up. I am getting married there in May of 2016 and fell in love with it from the get go. Very helpful staff. For a May wedding I am paying 6K FOR THE WEEKEND. Off season is less than that. But you get 2 barns, all the chairs and tables you would need for your guests, for ceremony and reception. They have 2 suites that are available to the bride and groom, included in the price. And there is the bed and breakfast on site that can sleep up to 14 people. Its a really nice location. They also have heat lamps that would be available for your use. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards