Not Engaged Yet

It's Tuesday

2»

Re: It's Tuesday

• Dignity100 Yay! Glad you are getting your disk overnighted. I'm guessing you've seen all the edits but having accessing to all the photos and whatever other goodies the photographer has for you is always exciting to get =] 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @ellis1228 Howdy neighbor! I'm glad to see you're starting to notice a difference after your surgery. 

It's my second day in the office. Yesterday I couldn't focus because I was so exhausted. Today I can't focus because I'm so overwhelmed with everything. And talking to @swazzle @goldenpenguin @lapeanut1018 @peekaboo2011 and everyone else is much more fun. 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • I called my photographer because I haven't received my images on disk yet - they forgot to send the disk.  They are at least going to overnight the disk to me, so I'll get it tomorrow.  I'm glad I called - I was going to wait another week or two (I was supposed to get the disk last week at the latest).
    UHG - they called me back; they wanted to give me a few more photos and aren't quite done retouching them, so I have to wait a little longer.  She DID ask if I just wanted them to send what they had, but I told them it was OK and I'd wait.  In reality, I'm more concerned that either they forgot them/marked me down as an album OR the heathen neighbor kids stole a package from my house.

Anniversary
  • Today has been a rollercoaster.  I'm ready for wine.

Also, thank god for @loves2shop4shoes, @swazzle, @goldenpenguin, @lapeanut1018, @audrewuh, etc.  You guys are lifesavers today.
    I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @swazzle I hope that everything works out with the house! Just try not to stress about it on your vacation! 

@cu97tiger hugs! Also I wish that I had snow days with that amount of snow! I also remember having to trudge through 1 foot of snow to the bus stop and it was still snowing! But yay for a WFH day :)

@KeptInStitches I have a Galaxy S4, and love it! I also worked on the processor in it, so I'm a bit biased ;)

@Ollie08 I'm sorry about your daughter scaring you like that and the allergic reaction. Hopefully the benadryl helped and you sleep better tonight!

@TwoDimes that's great news with the officiant! 

@AlPacina I'm sorry your day isn't going well. Hugs and lots of whiskey ;)

@Dignity100 I'm sorry that your pictures are delayed again. 

@eilis1228 I'm glad that the surgery went well and is helping you overall! Even with nasty "debris". 

@audreywuh I know the feeling. I should be working too, but I really don't have that much going on this week, so I like being on TK instead ;)

@peekaboo2011 Sending you all the hugs and wine! I hope things get better!

Okay, sorry if I missed anyone. Today is a pretty slow day again. FI and I are now on a health kick with the new year and wanting to look awesome at our wedding, so I did a workout yesterday and am so sore today! 

Work is pretty slow, so I have been looking up different wedding things. I booked my top choice photographer and set up a video conference with the top choice DJ, so I am getting a lot done there. 

I was almost in tears yesterday because of a fight that I got into with my so called friend that I am a bridesmaid for. I called her out on her bridezilla behaivor and she told me that her feelings were hurt and that I should understand because I am also a bride now. I told in her no uncertain terms that if she continues with her plans then I will drop out completely, and I'm pretty sure that it will be a friendship ending move. FI fortunately was able to calm me down and tell me that I shouldn't feel bad because I am right, but I still do because I don't like to fight. We never came to an understanding either, so I don't know what's going to happen from here. 

• So I'm totally late to the party, but for everyone having a bad day:

image image

@aurorarose41 Hopefully your friend realizes you're trying to look out for her, and changes her ways. Good for you for sticking up for yourself and telling her to stop being a bridezilla.  I've been in that situation before and didn't say anything to the bridezilla; that just caused things to blow up even more and I have not seen or spoke to her since her wedding. 

@dignity100 ugh those pictures better be absolutely stunning!  I don't understand why they won't just give you the pictures and let you choose which ones they should touch up, so you can at least see them.

@swazzleimage have fun in Aruba!!!  Don't worry about the house, just have lots of fun!

• AuroraRose41AuroraRose41 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @speakeasy14 I seriously hope that you are right, but somehow even her asking me what I would do differently and me telling her exactly what I would do didn't get the message across. She is requiring a specific hairstyle, makeup style, nails, shoes, and jewelry, and hasn't figured out yet if she can pay for all of it. I reminded her that she HAS to pay for all of that if she is requiring it, no ifs ands or buts, and she got mad at me for "criticizing her choices". 

ETA: On top of that, she was apparently hurt by the fact that I decided to cancel on going to try on bridesmaid dresses (that she didn't want anyone to purchase at the salon; she found them online and just wanted to go to see them in person) over an hour from where we all are from because a bad winter storm came in and I had other things that needed to be done that day and couldn't be delayed. She also told me that I was being dramatic about the weather....except there were accidents literally everywhere that day due to weather. I told her if it was me I would have postponed the trip, because the safety of my friends is more important than trying on dresses (especially when we still have plenty of time to order). 

• @aurorarose41 Guide her here. Maybe a little harsh reality will make the lightbulb turn on. 
  • @aurorarose41, you worked on the processor? I'm geeking/fangirling out over here which I think normally would come across as super-creepy but it's like this engineering thing that's happening and ... I'm shutting up now.
  • @speakeasy14 - Who is in the first gif, with the glass of wine? Is that FERGIE?!? Or did you just choose a random wine gif?

@AuroraRose41 - I'm so sorry about the bridezilla friend of yours. I hope things get better, for both of your sakes. And the other bridesmaids'.

• @speakeasy14 she is well aware of these forums and I have before. She refuses to listen to reason. Which is why I expect that being a bridesmaid for her will incur over $1k in expenses for everything, and that's not including flying back to NY. She is also planning her own shower and bachelorette and demanding that the bridesmaids split it evenly. Not happening. 

@KeptInStitches I did ;). And FI is currently working on a project related to that same processor which will eventually put it into new cars to power the infotainment systems. I believe that I also worked on the one in the S5 too. We do cool stuff :p

• @alpacina haha I chose random wine gifs, but I think it might be Fergie. 
  • @speakeasy14 - I miss Fergie. And her lovely lady lumps. What even happened to her?!?

• @speakeasy14 she is well aware of these forums and I have before. She refuses to listen to reason. Which is why I expect that being a bridesmaid for her will incur over $1k in expenses for everything, and that's not including flying back to NY. She is also planning her own shower and bachelorette and demanding that the bridesmaids split it evenly. Not happening. 

@KeptInStitches I did ;). And FI is currently working on a project related to that same processor which will eventually put it into new cars to power the infotainment systems. I believe that I also worked on the one in the S5 too. We do cool stuff :p
    ^^and that is really really awesome!! 

^^and that is really really awesome!! 
    Especially since FI and I are paying for our own wedding, unlike her and her FI, so she can deal with the fact that I cannot afford to be a bridesmaid if it involves anything other than purchasing a dress. Which is why I told her that I am absolutely dropping out if she doesn't come to her senses and stop acting like this. She told me she didn't want to argue because I am one of her best friends, and I left the conversation at that. 

• @alpacina I have no idea, let's see what google says haha.  I guess she's still busy and performing.  She performed on nye on rockin new years eve?  And she's defending the Prince Andrew sex scandal? 
  • @AuroraRose41 I have an acquaintance like that. One of my BMs is in this girl's wedding, which is two weeks before mine, and the differences between our attitudes is unreal. The other girl is requiring her BMs to get a certain hair style, make up look, shoes, and FAKE TAN, and she won't pay for any of it. She's also planning her own engagement party and shower. She's talking about making them all learn one of those funny choreographed dances for the reception too. She doesn't check with her BMs at all about their comfort level with things either. Her behavior has helped me figure out how not to act... so, you know, that's one positive thing you can take away from this experience, right? I'm really sorry that your friend is still acting like this, especially after you talked to her. She's way too caught up in being the bride. :( *hug*

@Swazzle Focus on Aruba, not the house! You will be in paradise so soon!!!

@audrewuh Yay, you're here! I really hope the move went well! We need to plan drinks soon!

@Dignity100 That sounds really fishy... I'm glad they're making it right for you, but it definitely seems like something is up. I hope you get your pictures ASAP, and I hope they throw in a freebie for your troubles.

@cu97tiger ALL THE HUGS IN THE WORLD! <3

@southernpeach89 I think you're right about your friend. I've seen a few interviews with reality show contestants, and they always say they're told to act a certain way. I hope that's the case for your friend.

@LaPeanut1018 I'm so sorry you guys are still dealing with the septic tank. It sounds awful! I can't even imagine. I really hope it's all sorted out ASAP.

@TwoDimes That's great news about the officiant! What a relief!

@Ollie08 Did your Tuesday improve? Sounds like a really rough morning. :(

• @eilis1228 that's terrible! I think the only reason that she isn't requiring fake tans is because she is pale and hates the orange look, which I am grateful for. But yes, I am learning exactly how not to treat mine, and that is a bonus. The worst part is that I am friends with the groom too, and I talked to him a little basically telling him that I didn't think I could be a bridesmaid and wanted him to know that it was nothing against him, and he ended up telling me that he doesn't think she cares much about him throughout all of this either. He has 3 job interviews this week and asked her not to talk about wedding details because it has been stressing him out, and she is completely ignoring that request! 

• Work was fine.  It was perked by a few positive comments from my coworkers about my weight loss so far ;)  We started our "Biggest Loser" contest yesterday and even if my team doesn't win I'm sure it'll be good extra inspiration for us.

I came home and got out the sled to play with Anya.  I really need to take her out of town to run with a real team so she can learn how to do it.  I can get her to go for a bit but she doesn't stay focused because she's never had the actual experience of sled pulling.  I think we went about half a block, lol, but that's way more progress than last year.  She kept stopping, and then would look at me as if to stay "uh...I'm stuck, mom."  She did great this summer with the bike, so hopefully by the end of winter I can take her up to Chicago a few times to have her run with the mushers I know there so she can get more used to the sled.

Exercised, popped in a DVD, and pondering over dinner while getting in some TK time :)

- - -

@cu97tiger - I hope your WFH day turned out for the better.  I would totally do it if they'd let me ;)

@Swazzle - Yay! Aruba!

@minskat30 - That tax thing sounds super crazy.  I'm NAL, but I didn't think they really sent people to jail for debts anymore?  I thought they just garnished your wages until you were paid up.

@AuroraRose41 - That sucks about your friend and her attitude.  Hopefully she wisens up soon.

Formerly known as flutterbride2b
  • @eilis1228 - Not really! It ended nearly as bad as it started, but I managed to get a great night's sleep and feel much better today. I hope it stays that way.

• I'm with you on that analysis @WildMagelet . I did have to represent someone at the firm who went to jail for tax evasion but it was millions of dollars he owed and a heck of a long trial before he went to jail so I'm thinking they are overreacting.
  • eilis1228eilis1228 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    @AuroraRose41 WOW! Poor guy :( I really hope she clues in fast because it sounds like she's hurting everyone she loves. 

@Ollie08 Aw, I'm sorry you had a rough day :( Here's to a better Wednesday!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards