California-Los Angeles

Low cost outdoor wedding

Hi all, I'm engaged to a Canadian, and we are going to get married out here (I'm a local). Besides the immigration costs, my fiance has been panicking over money, to the point where she almost doesn't want a wedding, just a courthouse.  I'm trying to find a way to have a cheap wedding.  Any advice?  We are looking for a fall-themed outdoor wedding, preferrable within the northern part of the LA County (Lancaster, Palmdale, SCV, Northern San Fernando Valley)  Anyone know of a good scenic area for low cost?

Or any advice for me to help ease her concerns.

Re: Low cost outdoor wedding

• vulpiepopvulpiepop member
    First Comment 5 Love Its First Anniversary First Answer
    edited January 2015
    Try local parks. If you want to take a step further, it may be cheaper to do the ceremony at a park and reserve a space at a nearby restaurant for the reception if you're doing a smaller wedding. Or try looking at venues that don't normally do weddings; you may be able to get a good price.

Other suggestions to save money would be to have your wedding at a non-mealtime and do a cake and punch reception or have your wedding earlier in the day and do a breakfast, brunch or lunch reception instead of a dinner which would be the most expensive. 

Cutting down your guest list will save you the most money. No matter what you decide to do, every guest will need a seat, food and beverages and the more guests you have, the bigger (and usually more expensive) the venue will have to be.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're having ours at the Topanga Community Center. Cheap and beautiful venues both an outdoor and indoor area. It's not int SFV but its a GREAT find.
  • Check out The French Estate in Orange. They have some things included, you can use their catering package, and they have vendor referrals as well.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards