Chit Chat

Can I meet your fur babies?

fenway214fenway214 member
5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
edited January 2015 in Chit Chat

I'll start! I have a 10 month old yellow lab named Fenway. She was rescued from a puppy mill along with her littermates and their mama, and we adopted her when she was 8 weeks old. She had ear, eye, skin and vaginal and urinary tract infections when we got her from being in an unsanitary environment, but she was (and still is) so sweet and sassy that you never would've known she was sick. She's completely healthy now and I think could be a contender for World's Most Spoiled Dog. Here are some pictures from when we first got her up until recently:

I'd love to see pics of your babies too!

ETA: I'm sure most of you are wondering who this random stranger is asking to see your pets... I posted an intro here earlier today : http://forums.theknot.com/discussion/1048837/hi-guys#latest ... Hi!

Re: Can I meet your fur babies?

• These are my babies: Kapuchee is the gray one and Pesto is the white one. They are both domestic shorthairs, and are rescues. I've had them since they were 8 weeks, and they will be 4 in May. They are the biggest brats ever!
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• @pinkcow13‌ ... they are adorable! I love cats but I'm allergic. I'm tempted to get one anyway.
  • These are my babies :) Kiki and Lulu. We just got Lulu 1.5 weeks ago. I think they've done quite well adjusting to each other!

• We have a very sweet mutt named Krypto. Sadly, I didn't get to meet him when he was an amazingly adorable puppy, but he's a pretty cute full grown dog. He likes to snuggle up with us but he isn't an attention hog like some other dogs I've met. We talk about getting another dog sometimes but I'm scared to because I don't think we'd get another one so well behaved.

Here's one of him hanging in the back of my car!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yay I love furbaby threads!

This is my puppy! He's the bestest. He's in the process of being a super herding/obedience/agility dog but right now he's a terror. His name is Pippin. 

Ferrets. The white one is really old and her name is Piru and the other one is Ruxin.

My horse Shelby, who is adorable and I love her to death but she is sadly for sale :(

• My girls Harley & Kikiimage

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• GAHHHHH. "FURBABY"
  • esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited January 2015
    The Stella being adorable in my old bathtub: 

The Gretchen, my baby: 

I don't really have any pictures of FI's dog. :( 
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited January 2015
    GAHHHHH. "FURBABY"

I dislike the term also.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • tcnobletcnoble member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    I have a 7 year old Lhasa Apso named Tobey, who lives with my parents.

Tequila is our 7 year old Australian Shepherd.

And last but not least I have a 19yo quarter horse mare named Joanie :smile:

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GAHHHHH. "FURBABY"

Haha now that I think about it, I kind of hate the term too.
  • @lyndausvi That drool necklace is seriously incredible.
  • All these cuties are giving me puppy fever! @FiancB‌, Pippin is adorable- he looks just like my mom's dog.
  • esstee33 said:
    @lyndausvi That drool necklace is seriously incredible.
    crazy right?   He does drool, but this was is only necklace that I know of.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • ashley8918ashley8918 member
    First Comment First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited January 2015
    lyndausvi said:
    esstee33 said:
    Hahahaha, that drool necklace is making me laugh and gag at the same time (the gag is because i'm imagining it touching my face. AHHHH!)
  • lyndausvi said:
    esstee33 said:
    Hahahaha, that drool necklace is making me laugh and gag at the same time (the gag is because i'm imagining it touching my face. AHHHH!)
    I'm impressed with the "pendant".   I mean, you can't make that happen if you tried.

• I am so sad, my furbabies don't live with us at the moment. The only apartment we could find that was both big enough for all our stuff and in budget is also "no pets". So they live with "Grandma" i.e. MIL. We usually visit the ILs at least 2x a month, so we still get to see them, and the babies are much happier there, with the huge garden to explore and no traffic etc., than they would be here. They're both domestic short hairs. 

Milla, who DH has had since she was a kitten, is apparently 1/4 African wild cat, and is a yellow-grey tabby. She has enormous ears, and is the world's best hunter, explorer, and safety collar escape artist. She is also a princess, and a major snooty-boots. She liked me great on my second date with DH (movie night at his), but was not at all impressed when I moved in. She has been in a major snit with DH for about 6 months now.

Peanut is... special. Her hair is two-tone (as in two colours on the same shaft) white at the base, black at the tips. It is very strange, and we have no idea how/why this colouring came about. I found her stuck on a window ledge in my office park in 2012. 

She was severely malnourished, her coat was matted but thankfully not bloody, and she was 1/4 of her adult size - we were originally told that she was an un-neutered male under 1 year. She had a collar but no tag or chip, so we put notices in at all the shelters, vets, and animal hospitals, and put posters up all over the area where I found her, and on FB. No one claimed her. 

After 3 months of trying to find either her owners or a foster home for her, we eventually decided to just screw the apartment rules and keep her, took her to the vet and found out that not only was she not male, as we had been told previously, but also that she was +- 4 years old.

Peanut came very close to being named Sheldon, because she's obsessively clean (she stops mid-run to clean her paws and face, and bathes constantly), quickly picked a spot in the apartment (the top of the DVD cabinet, which remained her spot until we moved), is extremely picky about food (she will not eat any kind of meat, but loves potatoes and cheese, and only licks the gravy/jelly off of kitty food but doesn't actually eat the nuggets), and is bad at social situations.

Sadly I have no pictures at the moment. :(
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Pic of h and fur face when we just got her, about 4 years ago.
  • I'm on mobile so I'm not sure if the pictures will load. First pic is Nymeria. We got her from a dumbass on Craigslist that wouldn't fix her cats and let them outside unsupervised and seemed surprised they kept ending up pregnant. We were told she was 8 weeks old when we got her but the vet is pretty sure the girl lied and weaned the kittens too young. Nymeria is 3.5 now. We just got Rhaegar 2 weeks ago. He was born outside to an abandoned domestic mom. The mom and 3 kittens were brought to a rescue. He spent a few months with fosters and then he and his sisters were brought to DH's work as part of an adoption program. DH picked him out because he is such a cuddle bug and loves to head bump.

Anniversary
  • Everyone being their best selves. Joule and Stella curled up together, and Herriot enjoying Snowpocalyse 2014.
  • Hello :)
    The short haired calico is Cali.  She was a stray who was hit by a car and pregnant when we found her, and thankfully her and her kittens were OK.  One of her kittens (who is about 5 now) lives with my mom, one lives with my mom's friend's sister, and the other two were adopted by others.  She is very playful and sweet.
    The long haired cat is Maggie, and she's perfect.  In the picture she is about to give her pathetic and adorable attempts at a meow which means "pick me up and love me".  I've had her since I started grade 7 and we have a very strong bond.
  • Squirt - 13 year old orange tabby who LOVES water
    Charlie - 6 year old Siamese mix
    Boo - 5 year old orange tabby
    Murphy - 1 year old Australian Shepherd who also loves water

• This is Callie (the muted calico), Laci (the black lab), Nefertiti (black kitty), and Artie (the other calico)
  • Charlotte the bulldog, Shay the kitty and how we three sleep :)
  • This is Raven! We got her just over two months ago from the SPCA. She was found in a field and they thought she was actually dead, but she was totally fine in the end. Something attacked her, or she was abused and abandoned. She can be very skittish but she's getting more affectionate with us!

She lived in the shelter for about 6 months and not a soul wanted her. The lovely folks there said since she was a black cat and has "crazy eyes" no one was interested. We went down after seeing pictures of her looking a bit nutty and we were intrigued. She was actually scheduled to be on a flight to Vancouver Island to another shelter that same day but it was delayed so she was still there. They thought she might have a shot elsewhere to find a home. I seriously was crying listening to that story while they were praising her saying how loving and fun she could be once you got to know her. We decided pretty quick she was meant to be with us.

She's very hyper active so I sometimes call her Loon for all the looney things she gets up to. H calls her crazy eyes. The SPCA worker had named her Raven and we didn't want to change it. The vet estimated she is about 1 year and anywhere from 3 to 5 months right now.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Charlotte the bulldog, Shay the kitty and how we three sleep :)
    my bulldog sleeps in the same leg nook.  Must be a bully thing.

• The cat is Zoey. She's about 5. Yuri is the African Grey parrot. He has quite the extensive vocabulary and an interesting array of clicks, beeps, whistles and R2-D2 noises. Sorry if they're sideways.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards