DIY Wedding Forum

Opinions on this ink color?

I am stamping names onto paper doilies which will serve as name cards at the table (they'll lay on top of the plate). This is my test one.

I ordered "dove gray" ink but now am wondering if it is too light, and difficult to read? Opinions? Gray is one of my colors which is why I went with that vs black, but I could possibly find a darker gray.

Re: Opinions on this ink color?

• The color looks fine. The doily is upside down, however. Andplusalso, if you have to stamp each letter in each name for each guests, wow, that's a lot of work!
  • The color looks fine. The doily is upside down, however. Andplusalso, if you have to stamp each letter in each name for each guests, wow, that's a lot of work!

You have a good eye to notice that! I goofed up on the other side and didn't want to waste one. We're only having 50 guests, so it shouldn't be *too* time consuming.

Thanks for your opinion.
  • I think it will be pretty and it is dark enough to be readable.  Personally, I would prefer a little darker shade though.
  • Bahamas0515Bahamas0515 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited January 2015
    I love this idea! Beautiful and simple. I would prefer a little darker gray, maybe one or two shades. I would also increase the font size by one or capitalize the first letter so that the text really pops. I am still scheming on my place cards, i am glad to see your thread, it is getting my mind going! Thanks for sharing your work and Happy Crafting!!
  • I can see it fine, but if you have older guests that may have a tough time seeing it then you might want to go a shade or two darker.
  • What a great idea, I love them! I can see it fine also but it could be a problem for others to read. Can you go just a little darker?
  • I went darker, and like them better now! This was just one of my test ones, so I was a little heavy handed pushing it down and it doesn't look as good, but the color is better this way I think. After a few practice ones, I got it figured out how much pressure to apply and they look great.
  • Much better with the darker ink. The lighter one looked pretty, but unless the room is light up pretty bright, they would be hard to read.
  • I agree, I think the darker one looks better.  I also LOVE this idea - how pretty!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards