Getting in Shape

Seeking weight-loss internet partner!!!

I'm a 22 year-old student, I've been trying to commit myself to lose weight for as long as I can remember. Now that I have started to plan my wedding I have been more motivated than ever to lose my unwanted weight. I originally started at my highest weight of 156 lbs. with my height being 4'11 ft. I have been eating healthy, watching my carbs and fats, and attempting to maintain an active lifestyle. It has been approximately 1 month and 3 weeks and I weigh 135 lbs, given me a loss of 21 lbs. I feel great and look better but it is not my goal weight, I still qualify as being overweight and I feel overweight. My goal is to lose another 20 lbs or achieve a weight of 110 lbs. I am being monitored by a weight-loss doctor who guides me with my foods, vitamins and blood work. I am overall healthy but I have begun to notice that my motivation is starting to grow thin. I don't plan to get married until the Summer of 2015 which I believe gives me plenty of time but I am losing this weight for myself. I live with my family and it I find it very hard to kill my temptation of my mom's amazing latino "fatty" cooking. My FI is in the Army stationed in another state which makes it easier for me to concentrate on my healthy food habits, crave control and staying active... BUT.... he is coming for his leave this Friday!!! I couldn't be happier and any more excited yet I can't help but fear the fact that for these 3 week of his vacation and holidays I will break my dieting and gain weight again!!! I'm not going to force him to eat healthy or not eat at all just because I'm doing it especially when his family makes amazing Filipino dishes.... Latino and Filipino dishes are not on the top healthiest foods to eat either :p lol... My FI does know the effort I have been putting and is very proud of my weight loss, he offered to go on the diet with me while he was here but I'm not allowing that. I need a weight-loss internet partner or partners were we can just talk to each other and support one another through our journey. Being each other's little own diet journal where we are not afraid of telling how many little "no-no" nibbles we took and motivate one another to keep going and not give in to temptation. Any tips and advice would be great and gladly appreciated as well. :)

Re: Seeking weight-loss internet partner!!!

• I"m not trying to lose weight but my FI is. I guess the biggest tip I can probably give you that's helping my FI the most, other than eating healthy, is that lunch should be the biggest meal. That's how my family always did it. As far as I understand, this worked well because the metabolism is at its peak for the mid-day meal and slowest at night when you're about ready to go to bed, so FI's been eating a good breakfast, a big lunch, and a small dinner.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am in for being your partner??? How should we start this?
  • I would love to have a partner buddy system as well with anyone whos interested!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm a 22 year-old student, I've been trying to commit myself to lose weight for as long as I can remember. Now that I have started to plan my wedding I have been more motivated than ever to lose my unwanted weight. I originally started at my highest weight of 156 lbs. with my height being 4'11 ft. I have been eating healthy, watching my carbs and fats, and attempting to maintain an active lifestyle. It has been approximately 1 month and 3 weeks and I weigh 135 lbs, given me a loss of 21 lbs. I feel great and look better but it is not my goal weight, I still qualify as being overweight and I feel overweight. My goal is to lose another 20 lbs or achieve a weight of 110 lbs. I am being monitored by a weight-loss doctor who guides me with my foods, vitamins and blood work. I am overall healthy but I have begun to notice that my motivation is starting to grow thin. I don't plan to get married until the Summer of 2015 which I believe gives me plenty of time but I am losing this weight for myself. I live with my family and it I find it very hard to kill my temptation of my mom's amazing latino "fatty" cooking. My FI is in the Army stationed in another state which makes it easier for me to concentrate on my healthy food habits, crave control and staying active... BUT.... he is coming for his leave this Friday!!! I couldn't be happier and any more excited yet I can't help but fear the fact that for these 3 week of his vacation and holidays I will break my dieting and gain weight again!!! I'm not going to force him to eat healthy or not eat at all just because I'm doing it especially when his family makes amazing Filipino dishes.... Latino and Filipino dishes are not on the top healthiest foods to eat either :p lol... My FI does know the effort I have been putting and is very proud of my weight loss, he offered to go on the diet with me while he was here but I'm not allowing that. I need a weight-loss internet partner or partners were we can just talk to each other and support one another through our journey. Being each other's little own diet journal where we are not afraid of telling how many little "no-no" nibbles we took and motivate one another to keep going and not give in to temptation. Any tips and advice would be great and gladly appreciated as well. :)

So similar! I'm a 23 y/o grad student so I spend most of my time in class or in my room doing something for class. I am living on campus so finding healthy things to eat seems so hard! (Ps- my dads family is Filipino so I feel you on the yummy dishes there! You just can't say no!)

I'm not so much trying to lose weight as much as I am tone. Granted, I've put on on a few lbs over the holidays, but who hasn't right? Now I'm trying to keep the motivation to work out and get in better shape for the wedding and just for me. I would love to be your online work out partner! I absolutely can't judge about the no no snacks because I have a serious munchie problem haha.

Good luck! You've got this :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds like a good idea! I need all the help I can get!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards