Attire & Accessories Forum

Wedding colors ivory or white

Hello everyone!!! I'm getting married May 2015 on Memorial Day, our colors are going to be royal blue and red. What color would go best Ivory or white? I've fallen in love with an ivory dress and my soon to be husband wanted to wear white? What to do? PLEASE Help? Ivory or white?

Re: Wedding colors ivory or white

• Hello everyone!!! I'm getting married May 2015 on Memorial Day, our colors are going to be royal blue and red. What color would go best Ivory or white? I've fallen in love with an ivory dress and my soon to be husband wanted to wear white? What to do? PLEASE Help? Ivory or white?
    He wants to wear an all white suit thing?  
  • Yes he wants to wear all red, white bottoms with red jacket or all white. He can be very difficult
  • I think he will look like a cartoon. That being said, either will be fine as far as "matching" him.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I think he could wear white and you could wear ivory.  A lot of people think that white suits and/or button down shirts are better than ivory because ivory can appear dirty/dingy, example:
    Versus groom in white and bride in ivory:
    RE the red and white, it might look good, does your FI usually go bold with his style?
    WHITE. RED. BLUE. FRESHMen's Navy Polka Dot Longsleeve Shirt, White Chinos, Brown Leather Loafers, White Print Silk Pocket Square, and Red Blazer
  • I think he'll look ridiculous no matter which you wear. It's his call, but I would be seriously begging him to reconsider.

• I have...he doesn't think he will look good in Ivory but I'm sold on this Ivory dress
  • I have...he doesn't think he will look good in Ivory but I'm sold on this Ivory dress

He doesn't have to wear specific wedding colors though. Why doesn't he just wear a regular black, gray, navy, or tan suit?

He doesn't have to wear specific wedding colors though. Why doesn't he just wear a regular black, gray, navy, or tan suit?
    So much this.

Unless he usually dresses in bold colors, him in a red jacket and white pants will just look...bad. And even if he does wear bold colors often, this isn't a Sunday afternoon in the Hamptons, this is a wedding.

So much this.

Unless he usually dresses in bold colors, him in a red jacket and white pants will just look...bad. And even if he does wear bold colors often, this isn't a Sunday afternoon in the Hamptons, this is a wedding.
    I feel like all the red white and blue will look a little too.. "'MERICA!". Does your FI normally wear bright colors?

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Can you get a swatch of the ivory dress? Some "ivory" dresses are really just a soft white. Here's an ivory jacket:

That being said, out of all the options white is likely the best.

• Whatever you decide I hope that you can choose either white or ivory for both of you. I don't think it's a good idea to use both colors. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards