California-Northern

Alcohol

Alright ladies, I've been feeling out the knot boards for a couple weeks and finally need some advice of my own. I'll start out with introducing myself since I'm just a little baby newbie. Name is Nicole, HI. I got engaged to my fiance Jesse on Christmas morning. :) Wedding isn't until May 2011, but I'm having a blast planning it and I'm sure the time will fly by. So anyways....

alcohol...the place I'm most likely having the wedding is a little iffy on hard alcohol but says she can look into an ABC license and can probably make it happen. I'm just wondering if it's somewhat lame to only be serving beer and wine? I don't want to keep pushing the need for hard alcohol if it isn't a big deal. Would people be disappointed if there was no hard alcohol? I know it depends on everyones own family and friends, but would you guys be disappointed? It would still be a minimal selection, since of course were all on tight budgets these days, but nonetheless it would be there.

Re: Alcohol

• kaynix21kaynix21 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The place we're having ours is expensive, but we're doing beer and wine only, and that's that. It was too expensive to do more than that, and I think our families can respect that. :)

Welcome and congrats to you!

Where are you looking at having your wedding?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    We're looking at Weibel Winery. It's pretty nice, indoor/outdoor type setting. And luckily, very reasonably priced.
  • apple_greenapple_green member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're having only beer, wine and champage for budget reasons. Everyone tells me (IRL and here on TK) that it's okay! I know I'd be fine with it as a a guest. Honestly there will probably be a few people that only like mixed drinks but if you can't have liquor, you can't have liquor. They'll be okay.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    i think beer and wine would be just fine. ive been to weddings with nothing at all. :/

would she charge you for the ABC license? that might be another thing to consider.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:56Discussion:397c1675-4c87-453a-9fa5-c3a275addc5ePost:027825ad-3d4f-4a66-a7a4-cbd47ed54ac3">Re: Alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]i think beer and wine would be just fine. ive been to weddings with nothing at all. :/ would she charge you for the ABC license? that might be another thing to consider.
    Posted by future mrs.riva[/QUOTE]

Good question..not sure if she would charge. I don't think I'll be basing my decision on whether we can or can't have hard alcohol...So I may just get more in detail about it with her if and when we do reserve the date. I'm a little more reassured that beer and wine would do just fine.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't be disappointed with Beer and Wine only.  I think most people will feel the same way too. 
  • edited December 2011
    Beer and wine is fine.  I know for my family, people get a little crazy when the hard stuff comes out.  We are doing a signature champagne drink for our cocktail hour and then beer and wine for the reception. I did this for my own sanity.  Congratulations!
  • EmilyW416EmilyW416 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_california-northern_alcohol?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:56Discussion:397c1675-4c87-453a-9fa5-c3a275addc5ePost:2367cd7f-8f49-4ff6-85f3-c199b8692129">Re: Alcohol</a>:
    [QUOTE]The place we're having ours is expensive, but we're doing beer and wine only, and that's that. It was too expensive to do more than that, and I think our families can respect that. :) Welcome and congrats to you! Where are you looking at having your wedding?
    Posted by kaynix21[/QUOTE]

So then the kids should suffer?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards